Liverpool Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Liverpool

• DavyDoug's Profile Photo

Crimes against fashion

by DavyDoug Updated Jan 31, 2004

The majority (not all) of the people of Liverpool appear to get dressed in the dark. This results in Shellsuits tucked in to multi-coloured socks and other such bizzare, allbeit hillarious, sights.

• Theme Park Trips

• Enjoy yourselves and be sensible

by gemineye5 Updated Feb 3, 2004

Toms Transport

Just be sensible and dont leave valuables lying about in your car or carry them too openly. Watch where you park your car and make sure it is a guarded car park. mostly yellow lines in city centre, use public transport in if possible. but just enjoy yourself and dont believe the hype.

• StirCrazy's Profile Photo

As in many UK cities, you will...

by StirCrazy Updated Aug 25, 2002

As in many UK cities, you will find beggars sitting or roaming the streets. They may ask for money. Shouldn't be a problem, they're unlikely to cause you any trouble, but thought you might like to be warned! For your information, street vendors of a magazine called the Big Issue are homeless people who are trying to get back on their feet and are selling the magazine to raise funds to do so.

• People get very very drunk at...

by scouser Written Aug 24, 2002

People get very very drunk at weekends, the Matthew Street, Bold Street, Wood Street areas are full of scallies puking or beating the s**t out of each other.

Despite this, it is mostly just rowdy behaviour and in general the city centre is much safer at night than in most English cities.

• sirpantsalot's Profile Photo

Declaring which football team...

by sirpantsalot Written Aug 24, 2002

Declaring which football team you prefer. Everton or Liverpool. If you give the wrong answer hehehe well you'll see. Health warning is the same for all british food. It may stop your heart dead from deep frying.

• I guess like most Citys...

by Sheena_99 Written Aug 24, 2002

I guess like most Citys ....Liverpool has its fair share of bag snatchers/thieves....so when out and about try not to carry all your valuables with you, use common sense....would you carry your life savings around in your own home town??????
    The only other danger....take plenty of hangover curers with you....Liverpool has an abundance of Pubs...that you'll just HAVE to try out!!! ha ha ha

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Drunken lager louts

by orlikins Written Sep 16, 2002

I was walking back to the hostel via Slater st, and I did feel a bit like "i better walk faster..." cos at the time, there were some policemen frisking some guys, who were clearly worse for wear, shouting "I didnt do nowt!" , whatever the misdemeanour was, I dont know

• sticki's Profile Photo

Watch you bag.

by sticki Written Dec 18, 2002

Okay, not _everyone_ in Liverpool steals, but do watch your stuff. Be carefull where you park your car and do not leave anything laying out on the seats. Avoid walking alone at night (this goes for men as well). A friend of mine almost had the cell phone he was talking on stolen by kids riding past on bikes. Also, tons of people run scams where they stand around asking people if they can spare 40p for bus fare. May seem harmless, but I'm sure they turn a nice profit off of the sympathies of tourists.

• Northlander's Profile Photo

Use the bathroom BEFORE you go to a footballmatch

by Northlander Written Jan 13, 2005

As a diehard LFC fan, I desided to go to my Mecca on my 30est birthday, a couple of years ago. It was my first trip to Liverpool. On our way to Anfield, we drove past Goodison, and my heart started to beat even harder.. We parked our car, and started to walk towards Anfield stadium. We walked past walls with crushed bottles glued ontop.. Nothing like I am used to... Anyway, after seeing the Shankley gates, and seeing LFC beat West-Ham 2-0, We went back downtown. I ate something local at the stadium, and was just beginning to feel my stomack beeing upset..
    After walking around for 10-15 minutes, seeing the Radio city tower, and the official LFC supporter shop, I felt I really NEEDED a bathroom.. The hotels nearby wouldn't let me use they'res since I was no guest there, and all the pub's were full...... At last we found a fastfood shop were I could go.. My real warning is: Don't use that bathroom in another couples of years ;) It must still be hazardious..

• William1982's Profile Photo

Weekends

by William1982 Written Aug 11, 2004

Considering its reputation, Liverpool is a very safe city, however there are people out there who want to cause trouble. In the centre, the worst times for this are the weekends when everyone is out partying. A few people like to cause fights and others are just looking for drunken people to take advantage of. More or less like any other UK city.

It's best to move around in a group, and stay away from the bar areas if you are not drinking yourself.

• Beer Tasting

• scouseneil's Profile Photo

Pesky Pigeons

by scouseneil Written Oct 3, 2004
    One reason for umbrellas in summer!

Wherever there are eating places in the city centre, you can't get away from the pigeons, it's as though they have deserted Trafalgar Square in favour of our lovely city.

Whilst it is sometimes fun for kids to feed the birds, these particular pests are classed as vermin, and there are places where you risk being fined if you are caught feeding them.

I'm not aware of anyone having actually being fined, but you should be aware of the potential for this.

• Birdwatching

• henry14's Profile Photo

Liverpool Airport Online Check-in

by henry14 Written Nov 26, 2008

Online check-in is becoming more popular at Liverpool airport, with passengers encouraged to do so by the low cost carriers e.g. Ryanair. However, be aware that there can be problems with the scanners the airport security area use to scan the boarding pass you print for yourself at home. We arrived in good time, queued at security for a lengthy time and then were turned away by security because the scanner couldnt read the bar code on our pass. We had to run back to the regular check-in desks but the desk had closed, so had to find the customer service desk to get a printed card. We only caught our flight because the pilot allowed us to board at the very last minute before the doors were closed. The airport have confirmed this can happen depending on the printer or paper used at home. So although checking in online should allow you to arrive at the airport later, still allow as much time as if you are checking in the regular way.

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Fierce Creatures!

by Bigs Written Jan 3, 2005

Please feed me!

Sabs made some new freidns in Albert Dock when she took out her breakfast muffin... Those doves and seagulls semmed to be very hungry! So be aware!

• hayward68's Profile Photo

The Mersey can be quite choppy...

by hayward68 Updated Aug 25, 2002

The Mersey can be quite choppy at times and when you're about to board the ferry this can cause moments of distress as the ferry bobs up and down in the water!

Instant Answers: Liverpool

Comments

Liverpool Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Liverpool warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Liverpool sightseeing.