Southport Restaurants

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo

Bella Italia: A Cosy Italian

by Myfanwe Written Apr 26, 2012

Bella Italia

Bella Italia is part of a chain of restaurants - you will find one in most major cities in the UK. They are tastefully decorated in a mediterranean style with warm colours and artefacts. We called in for lunch during our visit to Southport and took advantage of their 'two courses for £7.95' lunchtime offer. Gareth had ceaser salad to start and I had the dough balls with a tasty herb and garlic dip. For main course I had the Pizza Bologne and Gareth had a lovely looking creamy mushroom pasta dish. I really enjoyed my meal, the Pizza was really delicious.

• Balam's Profile Photo

Bella Italia: Not to bad

by Balam Updated Apr 30, 2012

Bella Italia

We ate at Bella Italia because our first choice (Frankie & Benny's) was closed due to a boiler problem.
    Bella Italia was only a few units down and so was handy.
    It looks nice from the outsude but much better inside as it is decorated in whay it describes as a traditional style. (the kind of traditional style that you only get outside of Italy) but it was really nice and relaxing. I did like the decour and it was made even better by the lovely blue sky and sun outside.

We sat near the window were we had a good view of the restaurant and what was going on outside (not much)
    I'm not a great lover of these kinds of so called Italian Restaurants because they are really just Pizza pasta places and Italian food is much more than that, but after looking at the menu for a while and seeing nothing that i really fancied i decided to order from the set menu which is available everyday from midday - 6.30pm although limited it is quite good value compared to the main menu with 1 course £5.95 or 2 courses £7.95. Vicki also opted to order from the set menu.

For Antipasti I had the Insalata Caesar (a simple salad with some ceaser dressing) while Vicki ordered the Garlic Dough Bastioni which came with a lovely garlic & parsley butter dip.

I then had Penne Ricce Funghi e Pancetta, which was ok but a little boring as it something was missing. It would have been better with a thicker sauce and maybe a little chilli. Vicki had Pizza Bologna which she said was nice.

The service was excellent!

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

WETHERSPOONS: DELICIOUS

by alyf1961 Updated Apr 4, 2011

WETHERSPOONS

Wetherspoons is a national pub chain in the UK. The food is delicious and as a pub it has a full bar service.

Favorite Dish: I had the mixed grill, steak, pork chop, lamb chop, sausage, mushroom, tomato, peas and chips.
    I also love the chicken tikka masala with rice, poppadom and naan bread.

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo

Leo;s Bar: Tasty pub grub

by mickeyboy07 Written May 6, 2010

Entrance

Located in Town Centre Southport just five minutes from the sea front is Leo's Bar,a large pub consisting of three main rooms each with its own bar,one main room for eating as well as a function room upstairs and beer garden to the front.The menu offers a wide variety of snacks and main meals and desserts as well as a good range of beers and wines.
    The staff were very friendly and helpful and we didnt have to wait long for our food to arrive,it was very good and would come back here if ever im in the area again.

Favorite Dish: I had the Chicken New Yorker with Chips and Vegetables and my parnter had the Haddock and chips,both meals were excellent and good value for money.

• Beer Tasting

• jetwind's Profile Photo

Great food and Great atomsphere: Yates Wine lodge

by jetwind Written Jun 28, 2006

There lots of Yates around the UK all pretty much alike serving tyhe smae food and drinks. Its great place to meet friends for lunch or evening cocktails.

Favorite Dish: Try a Pint of beer and a Burger all served with fries.

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

STARBUCKS: LATTE PLEASE.

by alyf1961 Updated May 6, 2009

STARBUCKS

Anybody that knows me knows I love Starbucks and look for them everywhere I go in the world. Luckily, we have at least one in every town and city in England.

Favorite Dish: LATTE, LATTE LATTE AND MORE LATTE.

Instant Answers: Southport

Comments

Southport Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Southport restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Southport sightseeing.