West Kirby Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in West Kirby

• SueWarwick's Profile Photo

The Dee Hotel: Decent pub food

by SueWarwick Updated Apr 4, 2011

Part of the Wetherspoons chain, there is nothing outstanding about the pub but it is big, airy and offers a good selection of food and drink.
    The Dee is located right opposite West Kirby train station and several buses stop outside.
    A good place to meet with friends.

Favorite Dish: The food on offer is the same in all Weatherspoons around the country

I had the 8oz steak with jacket potoato, salad and a pepercorn sauce
    .Very enjoyable and better than a lot of pub food.
    At just over £6 it was reasonably priced.

There is also a good selection of drinks, 'real ales' bottled beers from around the world and a good choice in wine.
    A large glass of house red will cost £2.50.
    Soft drinks are also available

• Study Abroad

• Marigold's: Best fish and chips I've tasted on the Wirral!

by artist2007 Written Aug 4, 2007

I live on the Wirral and visit Marigold's restaurant once a month as a treat as we have found that they have the best fish and chips we've managed to experience around about this area.

Whilst I sympathise with the other reviewer who had a bad experience regarding his/her wanting to use the toilets whilst waiting for a take out order I would hate this to stop other people from missing out on what we have always found to be professional and courteous service from a team which obviously wants to provide the best both in terms of value and nutrition for their customers.

I believe it would be a problem if the take out customers were to use the toilet facilities in the restaurant area due to space etc. and would insurance cover them? There are toilets within a short distance in Morrisons, near the station and on the promenade and maybe they could have been used instead. Once again I am sorry that the other reviewer had a problem but please don't let this put you off......try it and see for yourself.

Favorite Dish: Haddock and chips is my favourite dish the fish tastes very fresh and the chips are perfectly cooked crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

• Cycling
    • School Holidays

• Marigold's Fish & Chip Restaurant, West Kirby: appalling service

by seafarer2000 Written Jun 21, 2007

I have frequently visited Marigold's, both as an eat-in and takeaway customer. Today (21/06/2007) I went to buy fish & chips for myself and my 82 year old disabled father, who I left outside. As I was placing my order, I explained that we would quickly like to use the toilet facilities, while our food was being prepared. I was astonished to be told that "only restaurant, and not takeaway customers may use them". When I pointed out that we were also paying customers, we were told that we might "abuse" the facilities! the manager also said " I was going to let you use them, until you complained that you weren't allowed to". Is it just me, or is there an evident logical flaw in this statement?
    Astonishing, appalling, utterly contemptuous of its customers, this ill-conceived, ill-managed and ill-mannered restaurant deserves to fail.
    Don't give them your money, go elsewhere!

Surfers: Closest to Home

by sandysmith Updated Feb 17, 2004

Surfers

Although literally round the corner from home have yet to try this one out.

Favorite Dish: Usual dishes - nothing out of the ordinary.
    Good early doors menu - always looks busy so can't be bad.

Having tried it out it was OK but not my favourite. I did enjoy the deep fried squid starter though - really tasty.

• Brasserie Mondiale: Taste the World

by sabsi Written Jun 26, 2003
    My starter

Sandy and Dave brought us to this very nice restaurant in the evening. They serve a mixture of tastes of the world here - I had a Thai starter followed by something which almost tasted German or Swiss.

The interieur design of the place looks very mediterrane and the staff is very friendly.

Thanks for the beautiful dinner, Sandy and Dave!!!

Favorite Dish: My starter: Crispy Chicken wings with a spicy chili vegetable dip (which was very very very tasty!).

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Brasserie Mondiale: "Taste the World"

by sandysmith Updated Apr 13, 2003

the Mondiale

This restauarant has several menus - early doors, menus from around the world - french, italian, mexican, thai - and veggie ones.
    Not huge portions but by the time you've had three courses its plenty.

Favorite Dish: Salmon in a lemon butter sauce is usually my favourite.

PK's: Another Italian Option

by sandysmith Updated Apr 1, 2003

PK's

Just a couple of minutes walk futher down from the Green room is PK's a more upmarket Italian than Cas Mia's but not as expensive as Scognamiglios.

Favorite Dish: Pasta and mediterranean dishes to choose from. Early door menu £10 for starter and a main. Veggie menu looks a bit limited though
    For example the main veggie starter is like a savoury rice with peppers and cheese breadcrumbed and deepfried and a main course is risotto - hmm not much variety there.

The Green Room: The Green Room

Green room restaurant

West Kirby has numerous restaurants to choose from considering its such a small town but the Green Room is our favourite.
    Small and cosy, excellent cusine and imaginitively described menu. Vegetarian options change regularly.

Favorite Dish: The lamb shanks, served in its own saucepan, in a variety of sauces is a house speciality.

Marigolds: Best Fish 'n' Chips in West Kirby

Marigolds

Good old English favourite is Fish and Chips
    This is West Kirby's best - can eat in or take away. Large portions - I like my food and so does Dave but often we get 1 fish and a large portion of chips between us and that is plenty.

Favorite Dish: Haddock and chips, mushy peas for Dave, curry sauce for me ;-)
    Popular choice if we can't be bothered cooking and the cat enjoys it too!

Shuhel Balti House: Balti Best

Balti House

Couple of Indian options in West Kirby
    both do take-aways (discount available) and option to eat in.
    The Shuhel Balti House is my preference though.

Favorite Dish: Any of the house specialities - preferrably with prawns ;-)

The Shed: Cafe Culture Boom in West Kirby

the shed

Cafe culture is spreading in West Kirby.
    As well as numerous restaurants there are several cafes and coffee houses.
    The newest one is "The Shed" which is a converted garage - it used to sell car tyres!
    Great conversion job done - looks quite European with its chrome seating.

Favorite Dish: Bruscetta with either veggie or meat toppings with salad are a tasty luch treat. (£3.50)
    Variety of soups with foccacia herb bread, sandwiches and gateaux with real cream also available. Large selection of coffees and milk shakes too.

Scognamiglios's: West Kirby's Finest Italian

Posh scoff at Scogs

West Kirby has at least 3 italian restaurants - not including pizza take-aways!
    Not tried this one personally but it does have a very good reputation - and prices to match!
    Sorry Steve not trying this one out for you :-PP

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Dave's Diner: Baked potatoes and more!

by Bigs Written Jan 3, 2005

Yummy!

One of the best local places in town.... ;) Thank you dave for cooking the nice dinner while Sandy, Sabs and I had a lok at our pics!!! ;)

Casa Mia's: Cheaper Italian Alternative

by sandysmith Updated Apr 1, 2003

Casa Mia's

Cheap and cheerful italian.
    Usual pasta and pizza dishes.
    Most nights they have Pasta & Pizza deals for £4.50 before 7.00pm but this does not include house specialities.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Sand(y)s Cafe: Almost my place....;-))

Sands

Another newish coffee place is Sands Cafe and bar/grill. Again chrome seating is the in decor at the mo. Seating inside and out on the pavement in good weather.

Instant Answers: West Kirby

Comments

West Kirby Restaurants

Reviews and photos of West Kirby restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Kirby sightseeing.