Knaresborough Restaurants

RIVERVIEW CHINESE RESTAURANT: CANTONESE CUISINE

by LoriPori Updated Sep 19, 2008

Inside Riverview Chinese Restaurant

Monday, September 8, 2008
    After a full day of touring the countryside and sight-seeing, we ( Hans & I, Suet, Suvanki, Poons and Angiebabe) sure were getting hungry. We pulled into the lovely town of Knaresborough and spotted the RIVERVIEW Chinese Restaurant. So we went in, sat down and ordered our food. Hans had Sweet & Sour Chicken (7.60), I had Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts ( 7.60) and we shared an Egg Fried Rice (2.40) and we both had lemonades ( 2.00). We received generous portions and all dishes were delicious.

• Kaysta's Profile Photo

Drakes: Fish and Chips not to be missed!

by Kaysta Updated May 23, 2008

Back enterance to Dakes

A great restaurant that i have been going to since i was a child. It has a restaurant where you can sit and eat, and also a seperate take away.

I always enjoy whatever i choose on the menu. It a homely atmosphere with nice staff. You don't just to have fish and chips here, there is pie, nuggets, sausage etc. Children have their own selected menu. The menu is like a meal deal, any meal on the menu includes bread and butter, also tea and coffee.

I recommend trying their fish and chips, at least once. You won't be dissapointed!

Favorite Dish: Fish and Chips, but recently i tried chicken nuggets, chips and beans and really enjoy it!

• Singles
    • Seniors

DRAKES: TRADITIONAL FISH AND CHIPS

by alyf1961 Written Jun 15, 2009

DRAKES

Drakes is a traditional fish and chip shop and fish restaurant.
    The fish was extremely tasty and the chips cooked to perfection.
    The cost of £6.40 included fish and chips with bread and butter and a cup of tea [or coffee] and this was well worth the price.

Favorite Dish: THE HADDOCK WAS DELICIOUS

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

HANNAH'S HOUSE: AN OLDE TEA SHOPPE.

by alyf1961 Updated Feb 4, 2010

HANNAH'S HOUSE

Hannah's house is a delightful cafe. Built in 1622 it is one of the oldest buildings in Knaresborough.
    The cafe is very quaint with low ceilings and wooden beams. There is more seating upstairs.
    The food is typical English food. Hot or cold roast sandwiches, lasagne, omelettes, steaks and chicken.

OPENING TIMES:-
    TUES - THURS 10.00 - 16.00
    FRI - SUN 10.00 - 21.00
    CLOSED MONDAYS

Favorite Dish: I had a hot roast pork sandwich in a soft white roll with fresh apple sauce and a latte.
    the cost was £3.00 for the sandwich and £1.50 for the latte.

VERRALLS: DELICIOUS LATTE

by alyf1961 Updated Feb 4, 2010

VERRALLS

Verralls is a lovely coffee shop near the castle in Knaresborough. There is seating g for 70 people. The usual food served here is sandwiches, omelettes, fish, and general English food [bangers and mash, gammon etc.]

They also have special events.

February 2010 is the Spanish food festival, with a special menu featuring tapas, paella, Spanish wine and a fixed price al a carte menu.
    The tapas menu is £12.00 for any three items.
    The fixed price menu is £8.95 for a main course and £2.00 for a starter or sweet.

OPENING TIMES:-
    MON - THURS 09.00 - 15.30
    FRID - SAT 09.00 - 20.00
    SUNDAY 09.30 - 18.00

Favorite Dish: latte, delicious

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

Drakes Fish restaurant: Drakes.

by alectrevor Written Jul 12, 2008

This place is very popular, and always busy, so you can guess how good the fish and chips are served the english way with tea and bread and butter. If the restaurant is full there is also a takeaway shop.

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Drakes: Fish and chips

by Britannia2 Written Jun 17, 2013

A traditional Yorkshire fish and chip restaurant that is open from 11.00 until late for take away food although the restaurant closes at 21.00.
    The tables are as they should be in a fish and chip restaurant with red tablecloth and traditional pottery. The young staff members are friendly and service was fast and efficient on a summer Sunday night.
    The fish was well cooked although probably a bit heavy on the batter and also there was only mushy peas and no garden peas but these are small issues and we shall visit again.
    The toilets were clean and the restaurant overall pleasing.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Riverview Chinese Restaurant: Friendly staff, Good food

by suvanki Updated Sep 11, 2010

We were pleased to have found somewhere to eat, even more so when we found out how friendly and helpful the staff were.

This Cantonese Restaurant has seating for about 60. We were shown to a table in a conservatory area of the dining area. (The Restaurant is reached down a flight of stairs - WC is on the upper floor (near the entrance)

When we explained that Angie and I had only a short time to eat (I had to whizz Angie to Sheffield, where she was due to catch her train) the waitress took our order first- It arrived in record time - I was impressed. My meal was hot, well cooked ...and delicious! I just wish I'd had more time to sit and enjoy my meal.

The restaurant is licenced, but as I was driving, I stuck to a soft drink.
    A good selection of dishes.

Closed Tuesdays
    Open
    Sunday - 1700 - 22.00
    Monday/Wednesday-Saturday 18.00 - 23.00
    Open Bank Holiday Mondays

• tim07's Profile Photo

Market Tavern: Pub food

by tim07 Written Sep 12, 2009

The pub is situated in the heart of Knaresborough. I visited it for a lunch time meal. There was a welcoming atmosphere & a good selection of pub food & beers.

Instant Answers: Knaresborough

Comments

Knaresborough Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Knaresborough restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Knaresborough sightseeing.

View all Knaresborough hotels