Richmond Restaurants

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

The Old Station: Railway station restaurant

by Britannia2 Updated Jul 2, 2012
    Inside the Station

Within the Station is Seasons - however as the seating for the restaurant / cafe dominates the ground floor of the building its difficult to see where Seasons actually starts and finishes!
    However this is a super eatery - my only complaint was that on a busy Sunday lunchtime diners had to use the smaller tables which were not really big enough to eat from. The seating was either bench style at these tables or small and uncomfortable pouffe type stools.
    That appart Seasons comes well recommended. Food is ordered and paid for at a counter and then brought to your table but drinks are given to you as you pay. The restrooms are clean and the staff very helpful and friendly.
    The changing menu is English based with a Mediteranean feel to it and the website has details of the ever changing menu. There is something for everyone though - from snacks to full meals and very good opening times from 09 00 to 21 00.

Favorite Dish: We had BLT sandwiches - very filling with three large rashers of cold bacon and moist lettuce and tomato. A choice of breads were available which was a nice touch.

• birchy99's Profile Photo

Mainsgill Farm Store and Tea Shop: A Unique Farm Store

by birchy99 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Mainsgill Farm Store

Leaving Scotch Corner on the A66 you encounter a sign that states that so many hundred people have been killed on this highway in the last year. YIKES!! What am I doing on this road?
    But within four miles of Scotch Corner you come to Mainsgill Farm Store. Take a left off the highway, drive in past the barn and park and enter this nice little restaurant, tea room and store. Order at the bar and grab a seat. After eating browse the store and see the wines, meat and all kinds of locally produced goodies for sale.
    I loved the butcher shop, but they also had some exotic wines (dandelion, parsnip...) for sale plus cheeses and biscuits of all sorts. A nice stop to prepare one for a deadly trip to the west.

Favorite Dish: I recommend the ice cream, but the sandwiches are great. Desserts are also terrific. Be careful, it's easy to fly by the entrance.

• Zoo

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo

Amontola Tandoori: truly great curry

by Andrew_W_K Written Dec 12, 2009

I still maintain that my town of Bridgnorth has the best curry house in England but the Amontola Tandoori would run it a close second.
    Really tasty and different dishes on the menu I was really impressed by the choice and the quality of the food.
    The restuarant is above a row of shops and is tastefully decorated with a balcony area for those sunny evenings.
    They also offer a take away menu.

Favorite Dish: I had a vegetable Jafrezi and couldn't fault it.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Town Hall Hotel: Excellent Choice Here....

by nickandchris Written Jan 17, 2007

Town Hall Hotel, Richmond

As always, we had come prepared, with plenty of food in the van. The idea was, look at the castle, lunch in the van and so on to Great Ayton to visit relatives. When we looked at the pub menus, out of interest, as we walked past on our way to the castle, we liked what we saw. All seemed to have a good choice of food and fairly reasonable prices.

We opted for the Town Hall Hotel as it had burgers, which Philip (as always) wanted. It also had ample choice for Nick and I.

It is a large establishment with different seating areas and a part that was called a restaurant. I'm not sure if anything different was served here, as it was only a cordoned off seperate area, on view to the rest of the pub.

Service was good, at the bar and we had soon ordered. It was only when the food came without cutlery and sat cooling rapidly as the waitress went to get some. that the service was a little disappointing. Could have been our fault, maybe we were supposed to collect our own?

We were fairly late eating, nearly 2pm and the place soon quietened down and was in fact, almost empty when we left.

Favorite Dish: On the menu were: warm, filled baguettes served with salad and curly fries: £2.95
    Philip had a massive cheeseburger etc. £3.95
    Nick had an all day breakfast (suprise suprise) £3. something.
    Salads, giant yorkshire puds, pies and more unusual dishes which I forget were all on offer. I do remember the menu was full of things that we were tempted by! and the prices (for a Yorkshire market town) were pretty reasonable.

• Beer Tasting

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Frenchgate: Classy dining

by Sjalen Written Aug 20, 2006

I recommend this not because I have eaten here but because David, the owner, took pity on us during a heavy downpour when we asked if he served tea as all other tea rooms were closed for the day. He prepared tea and hot chocolate and we had it in his very nice lounge with a roaring fire and leather armchairs. This is also a hotel (see webpage) and restaurant and we had time to look at the menu which looks like Richmond's finest in the way of international cuisine but with local ingredients. There was local fish and lamb cooked in interesting ways and I would definately not hesitate to send any business traveller here. We were thinking of visiting ourselves later but ended up thinking the seven-year-old needed something more relaxed as the old Edwardian dining room is very nice. They also have quality Belgian beer which I gather is rather rare in Richmond :)

• Business Travel

• Various: Lots of choice, but some better than others

by sunnycrest Written Oct 4, 2005

There are lots of pubs in Richmond, but not all of them specialise in food. My personal opion for good places to eat in Richmond are:

Holly Hill Inn, Richmond - good restaurant menu
    Amontola, Richmond - good curry
    Taste of Thailand, Richmond - good thai dishes
    Frenchgate Cafe, Richmond - good restaurant menu

Lots of the villages near Richmond serve great meals too.

Instant Answers: Richmond

Comments

Richmond Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Richmond restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Richmond sightseeing.