Know about this? Rate It!
Merchant Adventurer's Hall
This building was built in 1357 -61 and is one of the largest of its kind in Britain. "The timbered Great Hall was where merchants conducted their business and held their courts and social events. The Undercroft or hospital is where they cared for the poor." (from website)
It's quite an interesting building and the floor is very wonky, pretty much all at an angle.
The Hall is available to rent out for functions and I think it would make a pretty cool wedding hall if you so desired. Just watch the floor when you dance!
Admission is £2.
It's located between the streets named Piccadilly and Fossgate.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
York Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Frankenmuth Hotels
- Mare Island Hotels
- Table View Hotels
- Dutch Harbor
- Eltersdorf Hotels
- Le Cap d'Agde
- Montana Off The Beaten Path
- Nice Off The Beaten Path
- Massachusetts Off The Beaten Path
- Singapore Off The Beaten Path
- Miami Off The Beaten Path
- Isla de Lanzarote Off The Beaten Path
- Sudbury Off The Beaten Path
- Lisbon Off The Beaten Path
- Oakland Off The Beaten Path
- Porto Off The Beaten Path
- Province of Ontario Off The Beaten Path