Know about this? Rate It!
West of York is the naturally beautiful area of the Yorkshire Dales, designated as one of England and Wales ten national parks. The Dales lie between Kirkby Stephen in the north, Leyburn in the east, Skipton in the south, and Kirkby Lonsdale and Sedbergh in the west. More remote and less dramatic than the Lake District but easier to get away from the crowds. There are many peaks that rise above 2000 feet in this area which offer some great views.
The Dales are made up of mountains, waterfalls, ruined castles and abbeys with amazing caves systems. The famous 268 mile Pennine Way passes through the Yorkshire Dales. This is ‘All Creatures Great and Small’ and ‘Emmerdale’ countryside.
Don’t forget to sample some of the wonderful ice cream in the Dales.
Drive to the beautiful Yorkshire Dales to enjoy the fantastic countryside scenery. Enjoy the vast greenery, and several small but quaint villages in Yorkshire Dales. Stop by a pub in the countryside to enjoy the local peaceful atmosphere and of course, traditional Yorkshire cooking...
Just relax and enjoy... Becareful of the running sheep within the National Park when driving. Watch the road drivers!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
York Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Minorca Island
- Ocotillo Wells Hotels
- Wear Valley Hotels
- Antelope Island
- Province of Pangasinan Hotels
- Villa Mella Hotels
- Rüdesheim am Rhein
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path