Seahouses Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by mamawinnie

Most Recent Restaurants in Seahouses

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

The Olde Ship Inn: A nautical museum!

by slothtraveller Written Jun 11, 2014
    The Olde Ship Inn

First becoming a licenced inn in 1812, the Olde Ship Inn in Seahouses is a bit of a time capsule. The walls and ceilings of the main bar and snug are adorned with so much nautical paraphernalia you would think you are in a museum. I loved the atmosphere in this pub and imagine it would be even more atmospheric in the evening or in the winter as there is a lovely old fire.
    We visited for a quick beer and I would have liked to stay longer to sample some of the local rum! If you get thirsty for an alcoholic beverage when in Seahouses, you should definitely visit this pub. Indeed, Prince Charles visited in July 2012 when he was in town so you would be in good company!

Favorite Dish: Although the pub does do food, it struck me as more of a drinker's pub. My friend and I sampled one of the guest real ales and they have a great selection in here from local breweries in Northumberland. It's a shame we came by car and couldn't have more than just a half pint!

• Beer Tasting

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

Pinnacles Fish Restaurant: Nice and crispy Fish and Chips

by slothtraveller Written Jun 10, 2014

Pinnacles restaurant

We got takeaway fish and chips from Pinnacles and we did not regret it. My friend waited for his haddock to be freshly cooked and the staff did not keep him waiting long. Prices were decent by seaside resort standards and the portion sizes were just right for a lunchtime bite. We followed up our meals at one of the nearby pubs. A good beer really compliments a good chippy and we were both really satisfied. I can understand why the TV chefs, the Hairy Bikers, recommend Pinnacles. I would definitely return in the future, hopefully soon!

Favorite Dish: I had the cod and chips and my friend had haddock and chips. The batter on the fish was really tasty; crispy and fairly dry. I hate soggy and greasy batter so I found it to my taste. The chips were also really chunky but crispy too. Not soggy at all.

• IanHB's Profile Photo

Neptune and others: Danger of starvation.....

by IanHB Updated Apr 29, 2012

If you got to Seahouses and want fish and chips...it's supposed to be famous for them....make sure you go before 7 pm, because they ALL close by 8pm - even on a busy Saturday evening. Incredible! We went to really good pub first thinking that we would sit down to some excellent fish and chips at about 8.15 ...hardly late.....and they were all closing! And even the take away sections were closing.

• mamawinnie's Profile Photo

Spice House: Food good but service needs improving.

by mamawinnie Written Aug 21, 2009

The food was very good but in my opinion too expensive and the service could have been much better. They had too many takeout orders taking prevalence over the restaurant diners and the fact that the waiters walked through the small dining area with deliveries was a bit annoying.

The total cost of dining here was £60. This was for four curry's, they charge for Chips and rice extra. Two naan breads, two pints of lager and four soft drinks.

Favorite Dish: Typical takeaway Curry's. I think I would have opted to have bought a takeaway and got my drinks from the local Co-op it would have been much cheaper.

Little Italy: Worth the money

by mamawinnie Written Aug 21, 2009

We found this Italian restaurant right next door to the Farne Pub at the Main St roundabout.
    We had two 12 inch pizzas, a big ribs and wings and a starter size chicken dish. Four desserts (Tiramisu was fab) and two pints of lager and two soft drinks all costing £43.
    The service was excellent and the food was spot on for the money.

I would recommend 'Little Italy' for its value for money and brilliant service. I would have eaten here again but didn't find it until the second to last night.

Don't forget to tell the manager you heard this recommendation from me at VT!

Favorite Dish: The pizza is bit enough to share between two. Very tasty.

• mamawinnie's Profile Photo

Seahouses Chinese Restaurant.: Takeaway tonight !

by mamawinnie Written Aug 21, 2009

This is the local Chinese takeaway at 55 Main St Seahouses.

Closed Tuesdays.
    Open
    Mon to Thurs 5pm to 11pm
    Fri and Sat 4.30 to 11pm
    Sunday 5pm to 11pm

They do not accept credit cards.

Favorite Dish: I had sweet and sour chicken and chips. Ten HUGE battered pieces of chicken with a tub of sweet and sour sauce and chips costing £5.10.

Other half had shredded beef in sweet and sour sauce with rice £5.40.

OK for a takeaway but no thrills.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Seahouses

Comments

Seahouses Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Seahouses restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Seahouses sightseeing.