Mansfield Travel Guide

Old Mansfield (I borowed this picture))
    The Field Mill Ground
    Sammy The Stag

Mansfield Hotels

Mansfield Nightlife

• by dinky1974 Written Sep 21, 2009

My family and I went to The Dog and Duck as it came highly recommended by the staff at Centre Parks where we were having a short break. On arrival we were greated by a very friendly manager, she found a table within minutes for all 10 of us even though they appeared really busy and we had not previously booked. The staff were excelent and could not do enough for us and the food, well, all I can say is that the food was superb! Gordan Ramsey could not have done better himself!
    The whole atmosphere and surroundings at The Dog and Duck have to be experienced by everyone in my opinion.
    We will certainly be visiting again next year.
    In sort The Dog and Duck has to be one of the best kept secrets in the whole of Nottinghamshire.

Dress Code: No dress code at all! We went in Jeans and trainers and were treated like we were VIP's

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

by traceyspacey Written Apr 1, 2008

Well, every so so town seems to have one. We have only been here during the day, never at night. it smells fresh, no stale beer here. The staff are friendly and helpful. Prices are average.

Live music on, mainly tribute bands. Check for details. Heated smoking area, although it gets a bit windy due to the area.

Dress Code: No dress code, I do know at Watford Chicagos they have relaxed the no trainers rule. Finally.

• Beer Tasting

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

by traceyspacey Written Feb 19, 2008

The reason for us coming here was that we were visiting my boyfriends parents that live in Forest Town, Mansfield. I have never came across a pub that discourages drinkers.

If you come here before 9pm, you will find that those that are eating and those that are drinking are separated. Not only that the majority of the drinking only section is reserved for those eating. The pub was very quiet when we were there and those coming out for a drink only were leaving as they had no where to sit and are not allowed to stand by the bar.

Very strange place. Local residents are contacting the brewery in protest at this. This is a new pub build on farm land and a KFC is soon to be build next door.

It does have a family area with toys for children to play with.

Dress Code: No dress code

Mansfield Sports & Outdoors

• 8BALLUK's Profile Photo
    The Stags 3 more images

by 8BALLUK Written Nov 1, 2007

MANSFIELD TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB

Field Mill, home of the Stags. If you visit England and inparticular the Midlands and you love Football then don't go and experience The Premiership with its overpaid actors and over priced entrance fees.

Get down to grass roots football and visit Field Mill the home of Mansfield Town F.C.

The Stags as they are effectively known as by their band of loyal supporters are in the lowest football division of the English Football League. League 2 as its now known as is very familiar to the Stags as they have been there for many years of their 100 year existance.

You may not find fancy, twirling, falling over, mardy millionaires but you will find football players giving it their all and wearing the Stag shirt with pride just like I do and the other supporters of the Stags do.

To see a game of football played at Field Mill or any other lower league football ground is were you will experience the true feelings and passion of this great game.

See you down the Mill.

PS: We hate Spirerites and the Pies.

• Trains
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Mansfield

Comments

Mansfield Travel Guide
Map of Mansfield