Here is my list of things to do in Bicester. There are many different fun activities if shopping isn't your thing:
- Go into the town centre and shop in independant shops
- Relax and walk around Garth Park
- Visit historic St Edburgs Church
- Go for a local history walk organised by the Bicester Local History Society
- Shop at Bicester Village (though it can get a bit too busy and it is quite expensive)
- Catch the train to Oxford
- Stay at the Littlebury Hotel
- Catch the train to Islip and go for a walk in the countryside, ending with a pub lunch
- Go swimming or have a go at 10 pin bowling in the sports centre
- Browse the large selection of books in Bicester library.
Once safely booked in, you can explore Bicester... in all honesty, it won't take you very long.
But, saying that, we do have a sport centre, with swimming pools, badminton courts etc.
If that isn't for you and you need a spot of Retail Therapy, you have Bicester Village Shopping Outlet, where you will find; Polo Ralph Lauren, Monsoon, Versace, Burberry and some pretty good shops to boot!
The coffee isn't too bad, either, with Carlucios,Starbucks and Pret. In the summer months, you will find crepe carts, baked potatoes, ice cream etc, so there are plenty of places to fill a healthy appetite, and for food!! Just don't take your credit cards, because you KNOW it's going to be a shoppaholics dream!!
If shopping isn't your 'thing', you can get on a bus or train and visit the city of Dreaming Spires..... Oxford.