Know about this? Rate It!
I love canals!
On eof my greatest pleasures in life is walking beside either rivers or canals. The canal system in Britain is so fascinating I would recommend it to any visitor to spend at least half a day just exploring a canalside somewhere.
Many people come to Oxford and never even know there is a canal there. I suppose it's understandable with so many other interesting things to do, but I always like to have a little walk and look at the boats.
Should you want to walk the entire length (some 77 miles) all the way to Coventry, the website given is a good start point. It's another thing on my "to do" list!
- Family Travel
- Hiking and Walking
The Oxford Canal
To escape the noise and traffic of Oxford, try walking the canal path. You can get to it form town at the Hythe Street Bridge, or from Jericho near St. Barnabas Church.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Oxford Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Beserah Hotels
- Port Royal Hotels
- Santorini Island
- Lake Mapourika Hotels
- Tofino Hotels
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path