Know about this? Rate It!
Enjoy a brisk walk across open countryside
Port Meadow is a large open country public field that stretches as far as the eye can see,there are plenty of footpaths to walk on and you can cross bridges over the River Thames that flows through the meadow.While out walking you may want to stop for refreshment so may i recommend thePub located over the river,just go over the main bridge and follow the path to the left,this will bring you out onto a large open area with the pub on your right.
Food is served all day and there are plenty of beers and wines available,there is a large garden to the rear and a childrens play area with swings and slides at the far end.There is also a pathway back to the river here.
- Food and Dining
- Hiking and Walking
- Study Abroad
Authentic English countryside-in walking distance!
Port Meadow lies just to the NW of the city centre. Find it by walking North up Walton Street, through the Jericho neighborhood, and turning West on Walton Well Road, following it to its end. While it can be wet & muddy during the rainier seasons, it is still a wonderful stroll...often right in amongst horses and cows!
A mere 15 minutes walk from the city, it is a great 'escape' that is not frequented by tourists.
- Hiking and Walking
A fine piece of water meadow to the West of the city centre, especially recommended for botanists. Amble across it on a summer morning and you should end up at either Binsey if you head West (has a holy well & a lovely pub, the Perch); or Godstow if you head North (has a ruined abbey & an even lovelier & more expensive pub, the Trout).
Walking the Port Meadow on a fine summer's day is oen of the best ways to get away from it all. Look out for the Trout Inn & the Perch Bar along your way.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Discount Hotel Rooms
- Priceline.com More Ways to Save on Hotels. Save up to 50% on Top Brands.
Oxford Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pulau Perhentian Kecil Hotels
- Istanbul Hotels
- Buffalo Hotels
- Lake Wylie Hotels
- Puerto Rico
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path