Zizzi's, Oxford

2 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

George Street +44 (0)1865 202993

• Zizzi, Oxford: Terrible service, poor food.

by BaileyKUK Written Jul 11, 2014

We went to Zizzi, Oxford for a late dinner after the cinema (9pm) so it was pretty empty. We were able to sit down half an hour earlier than I had booked and got our drinks quite quickly.

We ordered bread for our starter, which came promptly, and the waitress went to get the vinegar. No-one reappeared with any olive oil so we asked for some. The man we had asked wondered off, came back shrugged his shoulders, pointed at the vinegar and walked away again. I wondered for a second if I was going mad-I was pretty sure that wasn't the olive oil! Then I noticed some on the other tables so got some myself.

The food came about 5 minutes after the starter had arrived so we got it all in one go; not great but better than waiting for ages I suppose. I ordered a spaghetti dish but wasn't given a spoon to eat it with. I tried to get somebody's attention for a while but no-one was around so I found a cutlery draw on a nearby table (the one with all their colouring books for kids etc) and got one myself. A waitress did then come past and I asked for parmesan. She came back and grated half of it over me and promptly left again!

Each time we were served or asked for anything it was a different person and all, bar one, were rude. The food was alright but nothing special and not worth the money. The service was so bad I actually wondered if it was supposed to be part of the 'charm'! Will not be going back again.

Favorite Dish: NA

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Zizzi's: Zizzi's: Yummy Italian Food

by King_Golo Updated Oct 31, 2009

Zizzi's is a nice Italian restaurant on George Street, i.e. very close to the city centre. The food is great, but also quite expensive. We tried two pasta dishes that were really wonderful. If it wasn't for the quite uncoordinated staff, Zizzi's would receive full marks. However, when we were there, a woman leaving the restaurant knocked over two bottles of olive oil and vinegar as well as a glass of cola all of which was then distributed all over the floor just next to us. The staff didn't clean it up at all - but instead confused two of my orders...

Favorite Dish: Pasta with chicken and herbs was very good

Instant Answers: Oxford

Comments

Hotels Near Zizzi's
2.0 out of 5 stars