The Ironbridge church is one of the "Waterloo Church" type and it was built in 1835/6 using funds from the Church Building Act 1818. The tower has a three dial clock, which was made by W. Davies of Shifnal. The architectural style is simple Commissioners' Gothic. The church is oriented in a direction that is the reverse of the most churches with the sanctuary at the west end and the tower at the east end. This is because the land at the west end would not bear the weight of a tower.
The living was endowed as a rectory when the parish was created from Madeley in 1847 and is now a united with Coalbrookdale. It is in the Diocese of Hereford whichis a Church of England diocese based in Hereford, covering Herefordshire, southern Shropshire and a few parishes within Worcestershire in England; and a few parishes within Powys and Monmouthshire in Wales.
Completed in 1837, the church is interestingly built the reverse of the majority of churches - the sanctuary being at the west end and the tower at the east end. This is due to the fact that it was discovered that the land at the west end would not bear the weight of a tower.
Built in 1994 this bridge replaced the reinforced concrete Free Bridge that had been condemned in 1986. It reinforces the engineering heritage of the area.