Ironbridge Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Ironbridge

• munchie_cat's Profile Photo

Aftab Tandoori: Delicious Indian Food

by munchie_cat Written Aug 14, 2011

Service is second to none, and the food was amazing. The food was very well presented and not steeped in oil which is a very welcome sight for someone watching their weight!

I wish I'd taken photos of the food but i couldn't wait to get stuck in :)

My only complaint is that the diet coke I ordered must have come out of a large bottle as it was a bit flat.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Dhansak with Keema Naan - Yummy

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Chez Maw: Best one of the area!

by Djinn76 Updated May 17, 2008

I have originally chosen to stay at the Best Western hotel because of this restaurant. This was supposed to be the best one of the area. Indeed it yearly receives two rosettes for quite some time. I completely ignored that system but apparently that is something set up in UK to counterbalance the Michelin rating. At a maximum, a restaurant can receive five rosettes.

Well, I think the current rating is fair. The restaurant is definitely trying to do 'grande cuisine', it is researched and refined. One starter was for example mixing fish with black pudding (!!), another one included wasabi ice cream. However, even if this is quite good, I personally think the chef is trying to mix too many flavors in a single plate.

The atmosphere of the main room is quite simple but for some reason I find the staff too mannered. For example, I really don't see the point of making me wait in the bar and only bring me to my table when it is ready!! Maybe because I was alone?!?

Prices are reasonable, I've paid about 40£ for a full meal with wine.

• Business Travel

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Vanilla Ice: Ice Cream!

by Krumlovgirl Written Apr 25, 2006

If you can overlook the cheesy name, this is a good ice cream place near the base of the bridge. Although we went with a boring vanilla and strawberry for our choices, the rest looked pretty good, too. Decent prices and it's fun to walk around with ice cream when the weather is nice.

• The Malthouse Ironbridge: Poor attitude

by davidiusandanna Written Sep 20, 2005

Will give this one a miss in future, despite the favourable reviews. Called in on Tuesday and booked a table in the restaurant for two for Thursday. We saw the reservation written into the reservations book. Arrived in good time for our meal to be greeted by confused receptionist--we do not have any reservation. A rather bumptious young man then informed us that the restaurant had been booked for a party of forty " a long while ago". He seemed far too pleased with himself. He could not explain what had gone wrong and did not apologise. We returned to The Habit restaurant in Bridgnorth, formerly owned by the same people and now, thankfully, under better management. Had a wonderful welcome and meal there.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Iron Bridge Tea Rooms: Tea Room for Dinner

by grandmaR Updated Jul 9, 2005

Tea Rooms at dusk

We got to Iron Bridge about five pm, and walked around a little taking pictures and then decided to eat there at the Iron Bridge Tea Rooms. The downstairs room seemed full so we went upstairs - this was another place where the waitresses really had to run up and down the stairs. We were one of the last ones there, leaving at 18:43

Favorite Dish: I had a cottage pie, Bob and our daughter had a steak and ale pie and our grandson had a children's meal. I had bread and butter pudding for dessert, Bob had an ice cream sundae, and our daughter had coffee. We brought dinner home for our SIL. This meal was £33.74 including a tip of £3.50 ($48.11 without the tip for the 5 of us, which I thought was extremely reasonable.)

• Architecture

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

The Malthouse: Ironbridge - Good music as well as food

by MarvintheMartian Written Aug 31, 2002

The Malthouse

Good pub just 100 metres from the centre of Ironbridge.
    There are three parts to this pub:
    Outside - good atmosphere looking towards the River Severn.
    Public bar area: Informal area and good for a lunchtime or evening drink. They also serve bar snacks. The bands play in this area - often some kind of modern jazz, the last time I went I remember them playing the Pink Panther theme (really well!).
    Restaurant area: probably best to book. More formal dining area with a good menu and special board.

Favorite Dish: Anything with goats cheese is really good!
    Bottles of wine tend to be a little expensive.

Instant Answers: Ironbridge

Comments

Ironbridge Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ironbridge restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ironbridge sightseeing.