Ludlow Nightlife

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

Church Inn/Ye Olde Bull Ring Tavern: Pubs of Ludlow

by aaaarrgh Written Feb 27, 2005

the church inn

As you would expect, Ludlow has a large number of pretty pubs and hotels.

My favorite (so far) is the Church Inn, behind the Buttercross in the centre of town. It dates from way back in 1439. The interior of the pub is very cosy, lots of alcoves and spaces wrapped around a small, central bar. Full of character and characters! The Church Inn prides itself in its generous choice of real ales. They had 7 guest ales when I visited - hic!! They sell bar food too. They also have accommodation.

One of the most striking pubs from the outside is Ye Olde Bull Ring Taverne, in... yes, The Bull Ring. In my view, avoid it. Very pretty from the outside, but indoors it has TV's, a load juke-box and a pool table with attendant Ludlovian youth. And a choice of only two beers :-) They do sell food. No doubt a great 'local', but not my idea of a tourist destination.

Dress Code: Casual

• Beer Tasting

• meet at the buttercross: ludlow scary ghostwalk

by beefoxo Written Sep 2, 2010

Ludlow ghost walks friday nights at 8pm from the buttercross

I went along to the walk the week before last and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it! I really liked how they brought the stories to life and loved the characters they had created...the 'Dr' and Mr Beltaine - such a suave yet sinister duo!

I was forced to calm my nerves (ahem) with a couple of ciders before going back to my hotel that evening...even then, I couldn't stop thinking about people buried alive, bloodsoaked lovers and tortured souls hanging on the 'limb tree'...Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway...fabulous acting (and indeed, fabulous outfits!).
    I'm planning to come back to Shropshire to celebrate my birthday with a bunch of friends and thought it would be fun to throw in a ghost walk to scare them silly.

i can recommend the event to others as these people work hard at giving us a brill night out

Dress Code: sensible shoes wrap up warm

Instant Answers: Ludlow

Comments

Ludlow Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Ludlow nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ludlow sightseeing.