Demuth's, Bath

5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Northern Parade Passage

• Demuth's: There should be more places like this!

by iscreamer1 Written Jan 21, 2005

Cozy, comfy and strictly veggie this lovely cafe was a surprising find. They serve real food with a variety that would satisfy any meat eater. I am a veggie wannabe and a place like this would make full conversion very easy. I had veggie Bangers and Mash that came in a roasted onion sauce that would rival any high end eatery. They also have a full selection of organic beers and wines. I throughly enjoyed this dining experience.

• monkeyfeesh's Profile Photo

Demuth's: Vegetarianicity

by monkeyfeesh Updated Aug 6, 2003

Demuth's is Bath's only dedicated vegetarian restaurant. It's small and thus intimate. Book ahead - it only seats 38 people and it's busy. I'm not a vegetarian, and am not a big fan in veg in general, but my girlfriend had wanted to try Demuth's ever since she moved to Bath. I was unconvinced but the menu looked good so I decided to go along. The food was far from disappointing - as a confirmed meat eater i found it delicious and filling. Very fresh tasting ingredients and a well-thought out menu. The decor is very modern and quite purple. It's very relaxed and informal.

As I remember it, the menu on the website is not quite up to date. On a cautionary note, the night we went there we had booked a table for 9:30, only to be told on arrival that they had no record of our booking. They couldn't guarantee a table until an hour later - which left us a little hungry, but in Bath you'll struggle to find an unbooked table on a Saturday night at that time. We were promised that the owners would contact us and offer some kind of compensation - they never did. The staff on at the time were very pleasant and helpful, but were clearly in a difficult position since even the duty manager had no real powers to do anything other than serve people. other people were having problems that evening with delays in service. It was probably a one-off, but still - be warned.

Favorite Dish: The pesto dish I had was excellent, the best I'd had of that kind in a long time.

• extrajoce's Profile Photo

Demuth's: A vegetarian delight

by extrajoce Updated Feb 28, 2003

This vegetarian restaurant is charming, located just next to Sally Lunn's bakery on Northern Parade Passage. The variety of dishes is worth a look - I couldnýt believe I bumped into a London colleague at 3pm who had also found it appealing!

Instant Answers: Bath

Comments

Hotels Near Demuth's
5.0 out of 5 stars