Matlock Bath, Sheffield

Main Street through Matlock Bath

Matlock Bath And Food

by Arm-Chair-Hero Updated Oct 4, 2003

Something fishy here?

Plenty of places to eat here ranging from fish and chips to pub meals to the odd restaurant or two.....the prices are ok, about average....the best place for fish and chips has to be in Castleton....just bear in mind that the opening times for the chippy in Castleton can be quite strange and might well be shut if you head there at tea time.
    Ok I know the photo does not relate to eating places but I didnt take any of eating places....but it all helps in you finding the hollogram show.

Matlock Bath Victorian Pool

by Arm-Chair-Hero Written Oct 4, 2003

Victorian pool

This is just a quick one out of interest...this phot is inside the aqarium....now this area is used for housing lots of large fish...you can see from the photo it was once used as a Victorian pool....the water is quite shallow and makes you wonder about when they dived in :O) below there will be a photo of what the pool looks like now.....you can see a resemblance.

Matlock Bath/Aquarium And Hollogram Studio

by Arm-Chair-Hero Written Oct 4, 2003

photo does not do justice

I have passed this place many times over the years and also wondered what it was like....today I took a chance with my curiosity and went in. To start with I was impressed by the small entrance fee if £1:80 Inside you go upsome stairs and to the left is the aquarium area....guess what lots of fish swimming around starring at you starring at them....it was ok and there was plenty of various fish to look at....at this stage I was still quite happy with the value for money. Next came an area called the Petriffying Well ( excuse the spelling ) ok I might be a bit thick :O) I was under the impression that this meant the well was supposed to be frightning etc etc...to my embaressment the meaning was a term used for calcium deposits if I remember correctly....I did feel a little let down with this....or was it that I just felt plain stupid :O)
    Further up the stairs was the hollogram area.....this hugely impressed me...I can not say enough good things about this.....if you are in the area go and see this...if you have never seen a hollogram display before it will certainly impress you. Maybe this is boys with the toys but it was mind blowing for me...especially the one at the end...if you go you will understand....if anyone knows where I can buy items like this I would love to know and hear details. Overall rating....go go go...great value for money...makes anice change.

Matlock Bath

by Arm-Chair-Hero Updated Oct 4, 2003

Main Street through Matlock Bath

Matlock Bath is a small town just outside Sheffield...it is a good town to visit if you are having a run out to Bakewell, Castleton etc etc. The town has a sea side feel to it even though it is no where near the sea. It is a haven for bikers and classic cars, in summer you will see hundreds of motorbikes parked alongside the road all shining and highly polished.
    There is one main street going through Matlock Bath with various shops and eating places. It is worth visiting here for three or four hours and especially if you are planning a round trip out in the Peak District.

• Aquarium