Stoke-upon-Trent Sports & Outdoors

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Britannia Stadium

by vichatherly Written Oct 10, 2012
    Britannia Stadium, Stoke City 2009

The Britannia Stadium is the home of Stoke City Football Club and has been so since the summer of 1997. The stadium has a current all-seater capacity of 27,743.

The stadium cost nearly £15 million to build and moved Stoke into the modern era following 119 years at the Victoria Ground.

A noisy atmosphere is always guaranteed at this compact stadium, in the heart of Stoke city centre. Away fans are currently given seats behind the goal in the Marston's Pedigree Stand.

• Architecture

• Benson35's Profile Photo

Stoke City FC - Britannia Stadium

by Benson35 Updated Mar 26, 2012

Manchester City played Stoke City away on Saturday 24th March 2012 (Drew 1-1). I travelled to the Britannia Stadium to watch this match.
    We stopped off for a couple of hours at a sports club before doing the rest of the journey to Stoke's stadium. The club was 10 minutes away from the ground (see review).

The stadium itself looks very impressive from the outside.
    The crowd control was excellent and the stewards and police were helpful and friendly.

The concourse in my opinion was far too small to cater for the away fans. I had to fight my way through the crowd. There were beers being spilt and pie slipping out of peoples hands. Not good.
    When I climbed my way to my seat I had a great view! We all seemed a little cramped, but hey, body heat kept us all warm and when we scored the atmosphere was electric!

The organisation (apart from on the concourse) was great - police escorts to and from the ground and stewards happy to help you find your seat if needed.

Equipment: A ticket and your voice!!

Instant Answers: Stoke-upon-Trent

Comments

Stoke-upon-Trent Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Stoke-upon-Trent sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Stoke-upon-Trent sightseeing.

View all Stoke-upon-Trent hotels