Places to eat in Surrey

• Seafood, Loch Fyne restaurant, Egham, UK.
    Seafood, Loch Fyne restaurant, Egham,...
    by planxty
  • Seafood, Loch Fyne restaurant, Egham, UK.
    Seafood, Loch Fyne restaurant, Egham,...
    by planxty
  • Chargrilled local asparagus with hollandaise sauce
    Chargrilled local asparagus with...
    by sue_stone

Most Viewed Restaurants in Surrey

• Acirfa's Profile Photo

The Royal Oak: Victorian Village Taste

by Acirfa Written Aug 12, 2008

Lovely Victorian feel Inn on the Green. Garden opens out to a view of the village. Inside is a traditional style setting .

Food is pub style and service is fine. An ideal spot to relax and let the peacefulness of this idilic setting wash over you.

• Pizza Express: The ubiquitous pizza

by Mariajoy Updated Mar 13, 2007

We had salad and pizza and soft drinks. It was standard Pizza Express food and it came to about £10 each. THe staff were friendly and helpful and and a little cheeky. Good to watch the pizza bases swirling through the air too!

Pizza Express

• jo104's Profile Photo

The Privy kitchen: Tea rooms - Hampton Court

by jo104 Updated May 25, 2006

We felt like we needed a light lunch but did not want to leave the palace as there is still far too much to see so we opted to eat in and were pleasently suprised.

We each had a bowl of homemade soup with bread & shared a 2 cheese ciabatta, delicious and filling.

Seating is around long tressel like tables is a hall setting.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

The Barley Mow: A Watering Hole for 200 Years

by Bwana_Brown Updated Sep 2, 2004

Located close to the Cricket Pitch, the Barley Mow has been a favourite local watering hole for over 200 years. The grounds around the pub are very well landscaped. Unfortunately, we were in a bit of a rush and the clouds came in as we left, so I only had this parting shot as we headed on our way!

The Barley Mow Pub

• zuriga's Profile Photo

Duke of Wellington: Good Pub!

by zuriga Written Aug 12, 2004

The Duke of Wellington is a lovely pub with outdoor eating in good weather. It's very close to two National Trust properties and a good spot for a drink before or after a visit to Clandon Park or Hatchlands. Polesden Lacey is also not far away.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

The Barley Mow: Could Not Wait to Get Stuck into the Indian Food!

by Bwana_Brown Written Mar 6, 2004

Because we had arrived late in the morning, we were correspondingly late getting to the pub when Steve suggested that we try one of the local establishments. In England you have to be aware that the pubs often close by about 2 PM before re-opening later in the afternoon. Consequently, the pub was not too busy on a Thursday early-afternoon.

Favorite Dish: I had decided that I wanted to try some Indian food so I asked them what kind of meat was in their curry special for the day. The bartender was not sure but I told her not to worry, I would have it anyway. It turned out to be beef curry with rice, and it was not a bad meal at all (although I did have better Indian meals later on in our trip!). I thought that the price was a trifle steep at 9 pounds (US$17) but the Green King IPA draft beer that I had helped to ease my concerns! Sue and her brother both had the Roasted Peppers & Tomato soup of the day. Our server graciously offered to take this photo of the three of us catching up on the news.

Our First Pub Meal of the Trip!

• Acirfa's Profile Photo

Minnow: Great Food

by Acirfa Written Jul 7, 2008

Excellent food, delightful ambience inside. Outside I found a trifle undesirable in it's setting, however, once through the door the atmosphere is a complete contrast.

Surrey Hotels

2 Reviews - 7 Photos
Epsom Hotels
2 Hotels

Instant Answers: Surrey

Comments

Surrey Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Surrey restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Surrey sightseeing.
Map of Surrey