Stratford-upon-Avon Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Stratford-upon-Avon

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Red Lion: Table Table

by grayfo Written Mar 19, 2014

Popular restaurant that operates under the Table Table chain belonging to the Premier Inn Stable, although the pub is centrally located in the heart of the tourist area they always seem to have lots of promotions on offer. The pub has a cosy atmosphere and is also great for afternoon tea either inside or in the adjoining garden.

The restaurant is very popular and you may have a long wait during the tourist season.
    Monday to Saturday: 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Georgetown: Colonial Malaysian in Stratford

by SallyM Updated Oct 20, 2013
    Georgetown Restaurant, Stratford-upon-Avon

Update: This restaurant was no longer there when I visited in October 2013.

Georgetown is part of a small chain of 'colonial Malaysian' restaurants - the ambience is very much wickerwork and Singapore Slings.

Being in Stratford, they offer pre- and post-theatre dining options, which are good value at £11 for two courses and £14 for three. Being greedy, I naturally had three. Helpings are not huge, but are quite big enough for a pre-theatre meal.

Favorite Dish: I had Ikan Goreng to start - a spicy fried fish with herb salad, followed by Chettindad Koli - spiced crispy chicken with a biryani rice, aubergines and okra, which was very good. For dessert I had fresh pineapple with rum and maple syrup.

• Theater Travel

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Garrick Inn & Others: Great food

by littlebush Written Apr 28, 2013

I've eaten at these places:

-The Garrick Inn, i've had a roast in here plus lunch. Its a very old place and friendly service and great food.
    -The One Elm - recommended to me by some locals this place is great. My wife and i shared a cold meat platter follwed by chicken skewers and lamb steak. Absolutely divine. With a pint and a rose wine the bill was £50.
    -The riverside cafe was nice for a good hot chocolate.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

ROSE & CROWN INN: REASONABLY PRICED

by balhannah Written Jan 26, 2012

Really, in Stratford Upon Avon, there is a huge choice of place's for meal's.
    We wandered around away from the main tourist area, and found the Rose & Crown which had a blackboard outside.
    On reading, there was plenty of choice, price's were reasonable, and it was an old Tudor Inn with plenty of character, I really had all I wanted.

Inside we went and took a window seat. I can't remember what we ordered, but I do know, we were both happy with our meal and would return.

Another plus, was the Inn was steeped in history!
    The pub was built in 1596 and named the Rose & Crown in 1858.

Good Pub Food served from a main menu, daily Specials board. Sunday Roast.

MEAL TIMES.....Daily 12noon - 9pm.

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

BHS: Tea and Coffee stop-off

by tango_jd Updated Apr 19, 2011

BHS department store opposite and overlooking the canal basin and riverside park - on the corner of the shopping area.
    The first floor restaurant serves simple hot meals, sandwiches and snacks and tea/coffee.
    Nothing remarkable about the food but the position, overlooking the river, parkland, Shakespear Theatre and Avon Bridge is one of the best in Stratford.
    It is certainly worth getting a window seat and enjoying a leisurely tea or coffee here and it is very reasonably priced!

Favorite Dish: Tea and Coffee - with a view!

• Theater Travel

• grayfo's Profile Photo

The Posh Corner Shop: Danish or Italian?

by grayfo Updated Apr 4, 2011

Set in a quiet street off the main town centre, the Posh Corner Shop offers the best Italian coffees and freshest Danish pastries in town.

The light lunch menu offers freshly prepared salads, toasted sandwiches and freshly made soup of the day which contains seasonal and locally sourced produce.

Monday to Saturdays: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
    Sundays: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm

email info@poshcornershop.co.uk

Favorite Dish: My favourite is the Scotch eggs of which they have 3 types.

• Russons Restaurant: Fantastic Food, Excellent Service!

by Mikejones87 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Restaurant Floor

Russons Restaurant is a family run restaurant, serving British Modern cuisine. As the theatre is a short stroll away, this is a great place for a pre-show meal. The restaurant is housed in a 16th century building and the two simply-furnished dining rooms both feature inglenook fireplaces. The menu changes regulary to reflect the availability of seasonal ingredients. Fresh fish & seafood is the specialty here, with different choices every day.

We had an excellent meal and will definitely be back.

• Business Travel

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

The Cottage Tea Garden: It fills the gap!

by Jenniflower Updated Apr 4, 2011

There is a lovely tea garden across the road from Anne Hathaway’s Cottage where you can enjoy a good cup of tea and delicious homemade scones.

There is a river running through the property with ducks and a couple geese - this area is called Shottery Brook Walk.

It is quite nice to come here after spending some time viewing the cottage, and whilst waiting for the bus (sightseeing bus), which will then take you on to Mary Arden’s House (Anne Hathaway’s mum’s farmhouse).

You can sit inside or out, either is nice.

Favorite Dish: They cook light lunches, home-baked cakes, cream teas (which we didnt have, having had one the day before... but they did look delicious!) and snacky food.

• Women's Travel

• kzngirl's Profile Photo

Oak Room Restaurant: The best food I have ever had!

by kzngirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Oak Room

While staying at Ettington Park, we had dinner in the Oak Room Restaurant. It was a wonderful room with original 18th century Rococo ceiling and embossed wall panelling.

Our table was in a small nook to one corner…in front of us roared a large open fire and behind us the stars had begun to twinkle in the night sky.

Our first course consisted of a complimentary dish from the chef! A fish dish combined with green couscous! I couldn’t tell you what it was, but it was very tasty (even though I am not keen on fish – I could tell it was good!)

My starter was rabbit, followed by a main of pork belly and steak that just melted in the mouth – possibly one of the best-cooked meats I have ever tasted. The desert was almost our undoing: although it looked like small treats of different chocolate expressions, we could barely finishes ours…they were so delicious but boy, were we stuffed!

We retired to the lounge for tea and were astounded by what we were brought…A tray heaving with a china tea service and a plate laden with freshly baked biscuits and home made chocolates…

I have never experienced food like this before. I was so impressed by the flavour, textures and presentation of the food. It definitely blew me away and set a precedent for me going forward!

A great experience that I highly recommend!

• Luxury Travel

• Watsoncomper's Profile Photo

Countess of Evesham: Eating afloat

by Watsoncomper Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant Afloat

For meal with a difference a cruse along the River Avon while you are eating is an extremely pleasant way of sight seeing in comfort.

It is a once only occasion for that special anniversary maybe!!!

Favorite Dish: The food is very English and its hard to beat a roasted pork meal with crackling

• Cruise

• stefano99's Profile Photo

Cafe' Rouge: French Style Cafe'

by stefano99 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Although it is a chain and I tend to avoid chains. I have always enjoyed my visits to Cafe' Rouge. The Cafe' has a pleasing appearance, the waiting staff are attentive and the food is aways good.

Favorite Dish: The French Onion Soup is one of my favourites and is always very tasty and comes with fresh French-style bread.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Kingfisher: Good Fish and Chips

by yooperprof Written Sep 7, 2009

the shop around the corner

A good fish and chip shop is worth a mention, especially when it's an affordable alternative to some of the more expensive and touristy places in this popular touristy town. The Kingfisher has good traditional fare that reminded me of the affordable fare that I used to enjoy so much when I used to live in Norwich in the early 1980s. Dine-in or take-away. Vinegar optional!

• leics's Profile Photo

Thistle Hotel: Quiet-ish place for a sit-down

by leics Updated Jun 28, 2008

Terrace tables

I happened upon this place whilst wandering back from Holy Trinity Church. It's sign asked 'Hungry?', and I was. It also has tables outside (there are few of these in Stratford, I found) in a little terraced garden.

The Thistle Hotel is (obviously) a hotel, with restaurant etc. But they are quite happy to serve coffee/tea/sandwiches/light meals etc in the garden during the day.

Prices in Stratford are slightly higher than one normally expects (it's the tourist trade) but I was pleasantly surprised by my beef-and-horseradich sadwiches (a round and a half), served with crisps and a small dressed salad. It cost 4.95GBP, which is what I'd normally expect to pay.

The coffee was more pricey though: 2.50 for a small cafetiere. Perfectly ok coffee.

They do light meals too, as well as wraps, sandwiches etc. And cream teas of course (very expensive, in my opinion).

Service was courteous and efficient. It's best to go into the hotel and find a waiter/waitress though, otherwise you might have a long wait if they don't notice you.

A nice place to sit and rest for a while: pretty flowers, lots of tame-ish sparrows pecking at the crumbs, set on a reasonably quiet road.

• Seniors

• BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Thai Kingdom: The best value lunch in Stratford?

by BlueLlama Written Dec 23, 2007

Whenever I drive to Straftford, I pass this place on the way into the centre and am sorely tempted by their sign... Lunch for £4.99? I love Thai food and it seems too good to be true. Luckily, the food is good and in a town where lunch doesn't come cheap, Thai Kingdom is very welcome. And, amazingly, the price hasn't changed in at least five years.

There are around fifteen dishes to choose from with plenty of vegetarian options. Rice is included on all non-noodle dishes. The portions are smaller than those for dinner, but definitely enough for a light lunch. If you want something heartier, there is a £9.99 option that includes a starter and coffee.

The staff were charming and the place done out in that strange but cosy mix of English cottage and Thai decor that you often get in Thai restaurants in the UK. A nice place for a quiet lunch out in Stratford and one of the few that won't leave your bank account substantially depleted.

Favorite Dish: Tofu with basil and chili - light but filling. Perfect for lunch.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

The Black Swan (Dirty Duck): Disappointed at this pub!

by Jenniflower Written May 14, 2007

We had thoroughly enjoyed our meal the nigth before at The Garrick, on the High Street. The Black Swan/Dirty Duck has the same owner and menu, and we thought it would be a good choice for a Sunday Roast!

On the walls there are autographed pictures of famous people who have visited here whilst performing for the Royal Shakespeare Company.

The Garrick has the charm and the service, and this pub/restaurant doesnt I am afraid.

We ventured to the back of the pub, where there is a newly built conservatory-type area (Black Swan). The lovely 18th century part of the building is used by the bar area (Dirty Duck).

Service was slack, and even though this was the non-smoking section, the smoking section (which we had to walk through to get to the non-smoking section too, which isnt pleasant!), was right there and it infiltrated the room annoyingly.

The Dirty Duck seemed to be a bit of a dive in comparison to its sister pub in our opinion.

Favorite Dish: They were out of roasts and all things chicken. We ended up with one of only two things they had left on their menu. Fish and Chips.

Now, the fish was nice, but we thought this was bad as we werent that late for lunch, it was about 2pm we ate.

We had to eat though as we had a car journey ahead of us and needed to eat something.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Stratford-upon-Avon

Comments

Stratford-upon-Avon Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Stratford-upon-Avon restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Stratford-upon-Avon sightseeing.

View all Stratford-upon-Avon hotels