Warwick Shopping

• Shopping
    by grayfo

Most Recent Shopping in Warwick

• planxty's Profile Photo

Warwick Antiques Centre.: Plenty of choice.

by planxty Written Nov 25, 2012
    Warwick Antiques Centre, Warwick, UK.

I realise that it is unusual for me to be writing tipsabout shopping but here is one of that unusual breed. On a recent trip to Warwick, I was lured into the Warwick Antiques Centre, initially attracted by a display of medals in one of the windows. I have an interest in military history so I thought I would have a look round. there was indeed a considerable amount of militaria here but there was also an extensive offering of all sorts of collectibles from Steiff teddy bears through vintage toys, glassware, gold and silver to the various militaria I mentioned.

Warwick Antiques Centre is actually a collection of small independent stalls all in the one building and really does provide a "one stop shop" for people seeking all these types of things. Despite being tempted by a couple of old military jackets I didn't buy anything, although I spent a very enjoyable time looking at some very interesting items for sale. I am sure anyone with a knowledge of such things would have an absolute field day. Even for those of us merely "window shopping" it was a fascinating experience.

What to buy: The range of antiques and collectibles is very large.

What to pay: I really cannot comment on the comparative prices of items here as I am no antiques or collectibles expert.

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Castle Trains: Choo, choo-sing a train

by grayfo Updated Aug 20, 2009

A truly inspirational toy and model shop that is unrivalled in Coventry and Warwickshire. This independent shop creates a feeling and atmosphere that cannot be replicated in high street chains. The comprehensive range of stock is selected from leading, quality brands to suit all age ranges from 1 to 100. Castle Trains opened in 2005 and now provides a large and well stocked shop appealing to children, parents and grand parents of all ages.

email sales@castletrains.com

What to buy: The range caters for all budgets and has grown massively since the outset. As well as model railways and Scalextric, the range now includes model kits, Lego, Playmobil, Sylvanian Families, arts, crafts dolls, figures and much, much more.

• avanutria's Profile Photo

Sewers & Knitters: Sewing supplies in unexpected places

by avanutria Updated Oct 7, 2005
    Sewers & Knitters

I had just purchased a sewing machine via mail order and was looking for a place to buy machine thread. There was none to be found in my town but surprisingly I came across this shop when I was least expecting it!

(Do you like this tip? Please rate it, thanks!)

• Women's Travel

• andywing's Profile Photo

D M & V Allsop: Old Books

by andywing Updated Nov 11, 2003

What to buy: There isn't much to do in Warwick with regard to shopping, but there are some good antique shops and second-hand book shops, the best being Duncan's shop on Smith Street.

Instant Answers: Warwick

Comments

Warwick Shopping

Reviews and photos of Warwick shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Warwick sightseeing.