If you are driving out of the city centre towards alum rock way, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT drive up alum rock road!!! It is the worst road in England for getting parking tickets so do not park on that road neither. Try using Washwood heath road or another road to find your way around alum rock road.
Well they trap me most weekends! The immediate city center is dominated by them, and some of the malls are pretty big too... But when they are as stunning as this one, you shouldn't mind being trapped...
Unique Suggestions: Buy some new clothes, the clothes shops here are amazing.
Fun Alternatives: Find another mall to go to!
Maybe it was just me, but the maps of the city dotted around on posters really confused me. It didn't help that the map was pointing North but facing south. I must have walked 2-3 miles trying to find my way back to were I wanted to get to!
Unique Suggestions: Check you know which direction is North when viewing maps on poster boards, or take a compass!
... the land of chocolate ...
Cadbury World is great if you truly love chocolate, have moola to burn, or are under 10. Otherwise, it is expensive, clammy and extremely irritating.
Lowlights include :
* The crummy puppet / slash light show with the annoying 'that was a bit of a laff wasn't it?!' refrain running for twenty minutes.
* The whole goody two shoes Quakeresque feeling to the place.
* Freezing cold tent / eating area
* The sickly feeling you get when you eat too much free chocolate and are encouraged to walk about and gawk at ACTUAL FACTORY WORKERS through plate glass like they are in a zoo exhibit.
Unique Suggestions: Eat the free chocolate. Buy discount chocolate at the gift shop.
Fun Alternatives: Birmingham ... check out some of the shops. Ummm go to God's Kitchen (if that's your bag).Related to:
Perhaps not a trap. But I...
Perhaps not a trap. But I found Birmingham not so appealing after all. When tired of walking, I took the train tho New Street and got out. One big shopping hall surrounded me and it took me a while before seeing any blue skies. Furthermore, the roads are a little bit too small for all the high buildings, so you have te idea of walking in a sort of tunnel.
When I was ther, the cathedral was also under restauration and one could nog see a lot of it.
Waterloo place is nice, but in general, you have to know exactly where you are going, to see some nice things, thata a pity.
The Balti Triangle - don't...
The Balti Triangle - don't bother, you will be sorely disappointed. My tip for curry is Sylhet Spice Cuisine in Kings Heath - see my review of it.
Just becareful when shopping...
Just becareful when shopping of muggers and being over charged as you are alot. Also becareful when crossing some of the busy roads - so many cars!!
During my visits to Birmingham for Phantom in April and May 2013 I stayed in this wonderful Premier...more
Not the easiest place to find even with a Sat-Nav, as it`s tucked behind a place called Peachy...more
A modern, high rise hotel in the city of Birmingham. We are one of the few hotels in Birmingham that...more
Latest Birmingham Hotel Reviews
- Hyatt Regency Birmingham
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Jurys Inn Birmingham
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
- Britannia Hotel Birmingham
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Travelodge Birmingham Maypole
- Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Bridge House Hotel
- Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Ramada Birmingham City Centre
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- City Inn Birmingham
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Explore the World
- Nittambuwa Hotels
- Sestri Levante
- Bandung Hotels
- Tanjay Hotels
- Saint Albans Hotels
- Hanoi Tourist Traps
- Carcassonne Tourist Traps
- Nha Trang Tourist Traps
- Copenhagen Tourist Traps
- Vienna Tourist Traps
- Manila Tourist Traps
- Saint Louis Tourist Traps
- Shenzhen Tourist Traps
- Key West Tourist Traps
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Tourist Traps
- Saint Augustine Tourist Traps
- Places To Avoid