Chichester Restaurants

• drgrcook's Profile Photo

Cafe Rouge: Excellent French Chain

by drgrcook Updated Apr 4, 2011

Neat but not gaudy

Until we sat down I did not know that this was part of a chain of 80 restaurants (I counted the list!).

Do not let this put you off as the surroundings and choice were inviting.
    The menu is extensive and typically French with service provided by mostly French staff. The service was prompt and the food took a reassuringly long time to appear.

It was Sunday lunchtime and the restaurant that held about 80 filled rapidly with a wide range of customers.

For a chain I most impressed although the intimacy of a small restaurant was missing, however if one opens in Liverpool I would definitely visit it.

Favorite Dish: I had Jarret d'agneau which was a medium sized lamb shank served with herb potato and vegetables. It was hot and tasty and presumably was a boil in the bag meal similar to ones that I buy from Costco priced at about £14 for 5.

The cost of the meal was £11.25 and three of us (all adults) ate for £42.40 which was Main courses, coffee and 2 litres of fizzy water.

All in all the meals were excellent and I presume reliably so. Definitely a risk-free choice of restaurant.

• Dick33's Profile Photo

Zizzi: All the food was good.

by Dick33 Updated Apr 18, 2008

Lovely

This was an old theatre it has been made into an italian restaurant.
    The food was very good we all had a starter and main corse and all four of us enjoyed it very much.

Favorite Dish: I really liked the cheese ravioli.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• planxty's Profile Photo

Station Cafe: No Jacket Required

by planxty Written Jul 25, 2005

Station Cafe, Chichester, England

This is a wonderful example of that great British institution - the Caff. It's not a restaurant, bistro or even cafe - it's a good old-fashioned caff with decent home-cooked food served at reasonable cost in unpretentious surroundings. I loved it.

The name is actually doubly appropriate as it stands opposite the train station, and is also part of the building of the bus station.

Favorite Dish: The Big Breakfast. It is exactly what it says it is - £4:30 including a mug of tea or coffee.

• KittyLou's Profile Photo

Baps Noshery: a quick bite on the sidewalk

by KittyLou Written Jul 27, 2004

We pick up a quick snack at this shop and had our food delivered to the little cafe table on the sidewalk. The place was doing a good business with locals taking lunch back to their offices.

Favorite Dish: rich, warmed cheese scone

Instant Answers: Chichester

Comments

Chichester Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chichester restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chichester sightseeing.