Bradford Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by alyf1961
  • Inside Restaurant 1914, Alhambra Theatre, Bradford
    Inside Restaurant 1914, Alhambra...
    by spidermiss
  • At the Restaurant 1914, Alhambra Theatre, Bradford
    At the Restaurant 1914, Alhambra...
    by spidermiss

Most Recent Restaurants in Bradford

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Restaurant 1914: Great views of City Park

by spidermiss Updated Oct 18, 2013
    Restaurant 1914

Before I went to see CATS at the Alhambra Theatre I treated myself to a meal in the theatre's unique 1914 restaurant. I love the eclectic and nostalgic environment and had great views of the City Park and the Town Hall.

Including a tip it cost me approximately 21 gbp for the meal (April 2013). It's more that what I would usually pay for a meal but it was worth it for the setting and the exceptional service.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the broccoli & stilton soup to begin with and this was followed by the wild mushroom and thyme risotto which went nice with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. It was a lovely meal and plan to make a return visit to the restaurant when I see a future show at the Alhambra.

THE SIR TITUS SALT: WETHERSPOONS CLOSE TO THE ALHAMBRA

by alyf1961 Written May 21, 2012

I think that this is one of the few Wetherspoons that is wrongly named. Titus Salt is a legend around here, He provided good wages and decent housing for the families that worked in his mills. He was the 2nd Mayor of Bradford and he deserves a Wetherspoon named after him. Wetherspoons name their pubs according to the history of the area they open a pub but this pub was once a public swimming pool and the inside reflects the light airy room in which the people of Bradford would swim and splash about in the water. I think the name of this pub should reflect that.

I love Wetherspoons, the food is always cheap and tasty with something for all tastes including roast dinners, curries, burgers and salads.
    Wetherspoons has a vast selection of drinks available.

Favorite Dish: BEEF ROAST DINNER AND CARLING LAGER.

• Omar Khans Bradford: Great for meat eaters,veggies families & friends

by yorkshire.lass Written Apr 26, 2012
    Omar Khans Bradford

This is absolutely one of our favourites, the family have eaten here a few times and we had a big birthday bash for one of our friends this week. The food is great for meat eaters and veggies alike and the service was and always is top class.

We are becoming regulars!

We are really glad to be the first to review of Omar Khans on Virtual Tourist

We love it as a family restaurant and also as a place to go as a group of friends. 5 Stars from us!

Favorite Dish: Haryali Chicken Boti Tikka
    Its a grilled Chicken with a ginger / lemon type sauce. It is hot but not so much that your eyes water!
    I have had it a few times and it is always fantastic. If you like chicken, not to over complicated food with a kick of heat, you should ask for this dish!

THE PARK: PIE NIGHT

by alyf1961 Written Mar 7, 2012

As this week is "NATIONAL PIE WEEK" Emma and I went to The Park pub in Bradford for it's weekly pie night. I was suprised how quiet the pub was. Even though it was a Tuesday I thought the whole area would be out for pie night.

I had chicken and ham pie with mash and peas, Emma had steak and ale with chips.

The cost of the meal was £6.99 each which included a drink.

The Park also does other food nights as well as a regular menu.

Monday...Grill night
    Tuesday...pie night
    Wednesday...curry night
    Thursday...burger night
    Friday...fish night

Favorite Dish: The chicken and ham pie was delicious.

TURLS GREEN: ALWAYS A FAVOURITE

by alyf1961 Written Mar 3, 2012

The Turls green is a wetherspoons pub overlooking Centenery square in Bradford city centre. As with all Wetherspoons the menu is the same throughout the chain. I like this as you know what to expect when choosing where to eat.
    The name of the pub comes from the area where the pub stands which was once called Turls Green. This is now called Centenary Square.
    I find the staff at the Turls Green friendly and helpful. We usually go for Curry night which is Thursday.
    A curry with a drink is £5.49 which is great value for money.
    I usually have Chicken Tikka masala as I do not like a spicy curry, with a pint of Carling and blackcurrant to wash the food down. The curry comes with pilau rice two poppadoms, a naan bread and a pot of mango chutney…..delicious.

Mon - Thu: 8am to 12am
    Fri - Sat: 8am to 2am
    Sun: 8am to 11pm

GINGER GOOSE: LIKE A WETHERSPOONS

by alyf1961 Written Mar 3, 2012

The Ginger Goose is a pub in the centre of Bradford opposite the City Hall.

The pub sells food through the day and has a selection of real ales.

They have live music events, one of them “DEFINITELY MIGHT BE OASIS” was a two hour tribute act of Oasis and Paul Weller.

I really enjoyed it.

Mon - Thu: 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
    Fri: 12:00 pm - 12:00 am
    Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Caffe Nero: A perfect place to warm up on a cold day!

by spidermiss Updated Jan 22, 2012

Caffe Nero, Bradford City Centre

After a day of sightseeing in the Bradford district I popped into this Caffe Nero branch, a UK coffee house chain, for a cafe latte. I needed to warm up as it was such a cold and windy day for sightseeing. The cafe latte was nice and afterwards I was ready to continue on with my journey home via the city park.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a cafe latte but have ordered the yummy hot chocolates in the past at different branches.

BUFFET@BRADFORD: ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET

by alyf1961 Updated Oct 31, 2011

BUFFET@BRADFORD

Buffet@Bradford is very convienient as it is next door to the cities interchange (bus and train station).
    The usual choice of chinese food is well presented and delicious.

open 7 days a week

12 - 6 lunch buffet
    6 - 10.30 grand buffet

LUNCH £6.50
    GRAND BUFFET £10.50
    SATURDAY GRAND BUFFET £11.50
    ALL DAY SUNDAY £7.90

Favorite Dish: ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PIZZA PIECES: DON'T BE DECIEVED BY THE OUTSIDE

by alyf1961 Updated May 22, 2011

This pizzeria is amazing. From the outside it looks quite dirty and dingy but inside it is clean with a authentic Italian feel.

The pizza's are sold by the quarter.
    Slices [1/4 pizza] from £2.95
    Pizza and beer [Peroni] £4.99
    Meal deal [1/4 pizza, fries and a soft drink] £4.95

They also sell pasta dishes and some desserts.

The pizza was so delicious with a thin crust and delicious toppings.

I had ham and mushroom, then I went back later for pepperoni and peppers.

Favorite Dish: I aim to try all the pizza as the one's I tried were so delicious.

• Brasserie 101: Gomersal Park Hotel

by ElizabethSmith Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nice location on the outskirts of Bradford and Leeds - excellent for wedding functions etc.

We visited this restaurant last night after having last been there over 10 years ago. The decor is smart, modern and welcoming with terracotta coloured walls and granite tables. The menu is interesting but the meals themselves failed to live up to the description.

I had an artichoke, baby tomato, red onion and courgette tart tatin - there was one piece of artichoke a few slices of courgette and lots of soggy tomato. The taste was good however but i was expecting a bit more caramelisation of the vegetables for it to qualify as a tatin. My partner had ham terrine with nectarine and apple chutney - he declared it to be OK - the chutney just tasted like stuff from a bottle.

We ordered lamb and beef for main courses- I was warned that my rack of lamb encrusted in rosemary and ciabatta crumb would be cooked "pink" which is what I would have ordered anyway. My husband likes his meat well done but I persuaded him to order it medium (out of respect for the chef). I was disappointed with my lamb as it came very well done and was difficult to cut. The red wine jus tasted of Marmite it was so thick. The accompanying dish of leeks and baby sweetcorn was very nice. The medium steak came well done and the tartlet of mushroom and horseradish looked out of place - plonked ontop of the steak.

The service was efficient and friendly but the one thing which really spoiled our evening was the fact that our table was located right next to the bar/seating area where two prolific smokers spent the evening holding their cigarettes over their shoulders so as not to annoy their companions - resulting in us getting a lungful of smoke with every mouthful.

Dinner for two including 2 gin and tonics, a bottle of wine and coffees came to about 76 Pounds GB

Favorite Dish: Iced Nougat -
    Pudding for me was an iced nougat with raspberry coulis - very nice texture and taste. My husband ordered sticky nutty pudding with a caramel sauce. He wasn't over impressed by the pudding, saying it tasted a bit pre-packaged.

• Business Travel

• Zouk Tea Bar and Grill: The best indian food i had!!!

by NeilParr Updated Oct 8, 2009

I came in Bradford to visit my friends last week and because they all know how much i love a good curry they said that there is one special indian place they want to take me. And beleve me they were wright!!!! Everything from nice chilling surroundings and very relaxing music to professional but at the same time very friendly staff who were really attentive and helpfull through out the evening and last but not least AMAZING FOOD!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Because i was with a group of friends we had a few different dishes just for all of us to try each one of them. For starters we had mouthwatering lamb chops, grilled fish, tasty chicken livers and something i never seen in indian resaurant before quale which was absolutely amazing! For our main courses very saucy lamb handy, spicy chicken karahi, all times favorite chicken tikka masala and something my friends recomended to me lamb nihari which about, i can honestly say, never ever i had such a well cooked and tender peace of lamb and that came with fresh spices to mix..What an amazingly prepared food!!! And of course after all of that i just couln't say no to mango cheescake which waiter brought to show me on specialy made desserts display tray. What can i say after that?! By far the best meal i've ever had!

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Akbar's: Amazing curries

by nhcram Written Aug 3, 2008

Outside

We stopped over in Bradford for one night recently and met up with VT member Ricky52
    He brought us to this fantastic restaurant in Bradford. The service was very efficient despite the restaurant being completely full.
    The curries we chose were the best Chris and I had ever eaten. Excellent portions and great atmosphere will certainly see me back here again.

Favorite Dish: I had the Chicken Tikka Masala and some of the huge garlic naan bread that we ordered. The Kulfi that followed (Indian ice cream) was heavenly.

• Chowdreys Restaurant: Fantastic!!

by zedsta Written Jun 28, 2008

Chowdreys have been around for nearly two years, however it is now under new management with a brand new menu, desserts and chefs and the food tastes far better then it once did and the choice is much greater.

You have to sample the amazing ice cream selection with over 10 different flavours along with 10 different types of cakes! Freshly made milkshakes, falooda and fruit cocktails the choice is endless and perfect for that sweet tooth.

The surroundings are nice, clean and modern something you wont find in very many restaurants these days!

Favorite Dish: Iv been here many times before and after it changed management, as a regular eater of indian food there just too many favorite dishes to choose from. However i love the Lamb or Keema dishes cooked in a traditonal kashmiri style.

• leafmcgowan's Profile Photo

Mumtaz: World Famous Mumtaz

by leafmcgowan Written Apr 17, 2007

The home of traditional Kashmiri cooking ... the world famous restaurant resides in Bradford, England offering its patrons a wide selection of Curry and Indian dish specialties ... addressed in high-class dining steeped in the unique art of Kashmiri cooking that gives such popularity to the word "Mumtaz". Mumtaz began here in Bradord blossoming into a world experience. They even have their own Indian baby food line. My visit on the 4th of April 2007 pleased me with a delicious dinner of Palak Paneer and Garlic Naam. Delicious. Rating 5 stars out of 5.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Mumtaz' Paan House: Europe's biggest Asian

by Sjalen Written Sep 20, 2002

It feels wrong to tick "Indian" in VT's selection when this is in fact a Pakistani restaurant and what a restaurant! The biggest Asian restaurant in Europe, Mumtaz is worth the trip to Bradford on its own. As it is strictly muslim, they don't serve alcohol but who cares when the mango lassi is to die for! It is even sold to Harrods and Heathrow airport shops. As you can see, even children are cared for in their special high chairs. Customers from Sweden will recognise the book in a cupboard: "Indiska kokboken" - a cookbook in Swedish with Indian food. Yes, Mumtaz was the recipe guide for it.

Favorite Dish: Paneer in chestnut sauce...and the mango lassi of course.

Instant Answers: Bradford

Comments

Bradford Restaurants

alyf1961's Profile Photo

Bradford is of course known throughout the North of England for its fabulous Indian restaurants due to the large number of Indian descendants. Some of these restaurants are famous throughout West...