Halifax Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Halifax

• DAO's Profile Photo

CAFE PASSION: A PASSION FOR PRAWNS

by DAO Updated Sep 11, 2008

Say Turkish and you think cheap kebab place with chips. Be prepared to be astounded. This is a gourmet Turkish restaurant with healthy portions, low prices and food to simply die for. Recommended by Ricky52, VT Meeting tested and approved and reviewed by me – this is a restaurant not to miss! Have the prawn (shrimp) hot starter. First – they are big fat prawns, they come in a delicious sauce and there’s a lot of them! The food is made with only the best ingredients available and prepared to absolutely mouth-watering perfection. It’s family run, but by a family who know how to cook and offer excellent service. This place is what so many UK restaurants are not. A complete dining pleasure without the need to declare bankruptcy or go to MacDonald’s on the way home because you are still hungry. Top marks from me! I would rate is as one of Britain’s restaurants for food and value.

OPENING HOURS Mon-Wed 10am to 9pm, Thu-Sat 10am to 11pm, Sunday-functions only

Favorite Dish: The following descriptions are lifted off their menu. I enjoyed every bite of this starter and main course washed down with cold diet coke (I had to drive).

IKarides Tava - Sautéed Tiger Prawns
    Tiger prawns sautéed in butter, garlic, mixed herbs combined in a special tomato sauce

Karisik kebap - Mixed kebab
    An assortment of kebabs including cop shish, adana kebab, chicken shish & doner, served with salad

• Wine Tasting

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Cafe Passion: Family run Mediterranean style Bistro

by suvanki Updated Sep 10, 2008

Ricky 52 had organised a meal here, at one of his favourite restaurants for Friday night, where we had our own private room upstairs.

A large menu of mainly Turkish dishes, freshly prepared.

Between 10.00 -1500 Turkish breakfast (£5) Hot and cold sandwiches, Panninis, Pizza and Jacket potatoes are served.

Cold starters include olives (£2.75) mixed salad, hummus, Turkish feta cheese, Tabule, Dolma (stuffed vine leaves) (between £3 -£3.75) and mixed mezze for 2 (£7.50)

Hot Starters (£2.25 - £5.25) include Soup of the day, Albanian liver, Garlic mushrooms, Sauteed Tiger Prawns or Calimari

Main Courses Include Kebabs, Steak, burgers, chicken (£5.50 - £12.50)

Vegetarian casserole and kebabs (£5.50)

Pasta dishes (£4.50 - £6)

Barbecued Grilled Fish -Sea Bass, Salmon Fillet, Mackeral (£7 - £10)

Salads (£3 - £5)

There is also a Specials board.

Deserts will be listed by your waitress.

Licensed - Various wines, beers (I chose Efes) soft drinks, freshly squeezed juices (£2.00 - £2.75), milk shakes (£2.50 - £3) Ayran - Turkish yogurt drink similar to Indian Lassi - (£1.50 - £2.50)

Tea, coffee, Hot Chocolate (£1.50 - £1.60)

Also offer BYO (Bring Your Own) wine policy - not sure if there's a charge for corkage.

Take Away Service - Free delivery in 2 mile radius for orders over £12

Open Monday- Wednesday 10.00 - 21.00, Thursday - Saturday 10.00 - 23.00 and Sunday 11.00 -21.00.

I'd certainly come here again when I'm next in Halifax. The food was excellent, and the staff were all friendly - the young waitresses coped very well with 20 VTers trying to decide what to eat and drink etc.

Favorite Dish: For my Starter, I shared a mezze (£7.50) with Royslaven - be warned, the portions are delicious but huge!!! Hummus, dolmades, Russian salad, Haloumi cheese, baked beans, olives, Stuffed Fila pastry 'cigars', warm pitta bread, and more - which I can't remember at the moment!

For my main course, I chose an Adana Kebab (£5.50)- spicy lamb shish, which came with rice, and salad - again, as you can see from my photo, they're not mean with the portions, and I'm afraid that I had to leave some, otherwise I would have exploded!

I washed this down with cold and crisp Efes beer (£3)

No room for desert, and I can't remember what the choices were- Didn't want to be tempted!!

All my food was delicious and well presented.

My one slight disappointment was that I'd asked for a Turkish Coffee to end my meal, Apparently this isn't on the menu. In hindsight, I guess that with the high standard of this restaurant, it wouldn't be feasible to make authentic Turkish coffee for individuals, unless there was sufficient demand.
    However, the waitress came back and said they'd make me one! Probably not the best I've tasted, but 10/10 for customer service!!

Adana Kebab - Royslaven digesting Suets speech Passion at Cafe Passion? Dao's been  Suet'd Gwynfiguy Stephanie Gerry Hansi  LoriPori Musterta Cafe Passion

• Scarecrow_Festival's Profile Photo

Aakash: Largest Indian Restaurant in the World

by Scarecrow_Festival Written Jan 8, 2008

This restaurant is impressive; it even has chandeliers in the toilets.
    The entire place is beautifully decorated throughout.
    You have a choice of a buffet style meal or you can go Al la carte, the choice is yours.
    The menu is extensive and the service is second to none.

Favorite Dish: I don’t eat the buffet here only because I know what I like and prefer to eat my favourite dish.

My all time favourite curry is a Karahi Ghost (gry-gosh)
    This is a medium and fairly dry curry cooked in its own unique way; the taste is incredible and should be tried by everyone.

Aakash Restaurant View from upper seating area Lower seating area The Alter
    • Festivals
    • Cruise

• Suet's Profile Photo

Turkish delights: Cafe Passion

by Suet Updated Jun 22, 2007

I have been here several times now, feels like you have come home, although we had not met before. A family run cafe, everything is fresh and beautifully presented and served with love. I can't remember the name of the hand prepared dish in the chiller cabinet, Ricky52 will know, but I tried it and it was delicious. It is one of those rare delights you stumble across in your life and you want to back again and again to repeat the experience.

You can fax your orders through on the number below and it will be ready for you to pick up at a specified time.

Favorite Dish: It is all excellent and freshly prepared.

• Suet's Profile Photo

Java Restaurant: Fine Asian Cuisine....

by Suet Written Jun 12, 2007

VERY nice restaurant. I liked the decor and surroundings, staff were very helpful and pleasant. Menu extensive, which made it difficult to choose, but we ended up with a very tasty selection of dishes. Not cheap though, the meal for 3 people came to £85.95, including drinks. The most expensive dish was £9.90.

Favorite Dish: All of it was excellent. Each dish was well presented and with a mixture of tastes. Well worth another visit.

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo

Cafe Sol: Give us this day, our daily caffeine hit!

by BlueBeth Written Dec 13, 2006

Ok, not really a restaurant, although they do serve food. This coffee shop is the provider of my first (and second and sometimes fourth) caffeine hit of the day. An independent, they do all the usual coffees/teas/juices with a few made up ones from time to time.
    My manager loves this place as it means I'm not so grumpy when I get into work! The staff are brilliant and are usually making my coffee before I've even opened the door.

Favorite Dish: Cappucino, but I'm on the americano's just now - got to get into those party frocks you know!

The Old White Beare: Booking recommended

by BlueBeth Written Nov 28, 2006

This place was voted village pub of the year, and it's easy to see why. It's olde worlde charm, it's good local beer, the food... Not a large place by any stretch of the imagination but you can eat outside when it's warm and near a roaring log fire when it's not.
    Traditional english food (steak & kidney pudding is good) is served all day and children are welcomed if they behave!
    Be warned though if you don't book at the weekend you could have an extremely long wait.

Favorite Dish: I absolutely loved the ham sandwich, local ham, home made picallilli...bliss!

• Beer Tasting

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo

The Old Mill: Comfort food...

by BlueBeth Written Nov 28, 2006

This is the place we come to when we can't think of anywhere else to go! It's just off the motorway so wherever we've been it's easy to get to. The food is really good and the staff are friendly. Families are very welcome here and they have a good children's menu (or they'll do small portions from the main menu). They have specials which change according to the seasons and are very good with fish.

Favorite Dish: Lamb shanks - it's a winter thing!

The Malthouse: Proper Yorkshire Puddings

by BlueBeth Written Nov 28, 2006

Formerly the Royal Hotel, the Malthouse is part of the increasingly popular Ripponden food scene. With two new restaurants opening this year the Ripponden/Millbank/Sowerby bridge area of Calderdale appears to be the foodie's destination.
    We went for Sunday lunch with family and there was plenty to choose from. I had the duck, which was slightly overcooked for me but the roast beef and yorkshire pudding looked great.
    They have a restaurant area and a bar area and have the same menu for both, so you can choose how formal or informal your meal is.

A hidden gem

by BlueBeth Updated Oct 20, 2006

Set in the Dean Clough Mills complex is Design House Restaurant is named for the carpet design house which was situated above where the restaurant is today (and is now the site of the Design House Gallery).
    The food is modern European and very well done by local chef Lee Stevens Marshall and is served well by good front of house staff.
    Admittedly I don't go as often as I used to (well I did work there once!) but it still manages to delight me every time I do go.

Favorite Dish: Game is a particular favourite here and the fish (fresh off the Whitby trawlers) is always brilliant.

• ricky52's Profile Photo

Domino's Pizza: Good delivery service.

by ricky52 Written Jan 7, 2012

The usual stuff you can get from any Domino's Pizza.

Favorite Dish: A selection of the usual fare plus, the odd special every now and then.

Domino's Pizza

• ricky52's Profile Photo

Kentucky Fried Chicken.: KFC 1.

by ricky52 Written Jan 7, 2012

A selection of the usual fare, plus the odd special every now and then.

Favorite Dish: The usual stuff you can get from any KFC.

KFC

Burger King: Better Burgers

by ricky52 Written Jan 7, 2012

For those of you who prefer Burger King.

Favorite Dish: The usual stuff you can get from any Burger King.

The onion rings are yummy IMO.

Burger King

• ricky52's Profile Photo

McDonald's: The usual suspects 3.

by ricky52 Written Jan 7, 2012

For those of you who can't live without your dose of the Mac Mucs.

Favorite Dish: The usual stuff you can get from any McDonald's.

Free Wifi.
    Wheelchair access.

McDonald

• ricky52's Profile Photo

McDonald's: The usual suspects 2.

by ricky52 Updated Jan 7, 2012

For those of you who can't live without your dose of the Mac Mucs.

Favorite Dish: The usual stuff you can get from any McDonald's.

Free Wifi.
    Drive thru.
    Baby changing facilities.
    Wheelchair access

McDonald

Instant Answers: Halifax

Comments

Halifax Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Halifax restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Halifax sightseeing.