Leeds Restaurants

• Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August 2012)
    Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August...
    by spidermiss

Most Recent Restaurants in Leeds

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Stick or Twist: Wetherspoons near Leeds First Direct Arena

by suvanki Written Jan 24, 2015

This JD Wetherspoons is a popular venue for people attending the First Direct Arena. I was meeting up with friends, before heading to the City Varieties Theatre to see Nils Lofgren. I'd already eaten, so just had time for a pint of Guinness (£2.85), which was a good pint and at a reasonable price.

I have eaten at other Wetherspoons, and the standard has always been good, and very reasonably priced.

A variety of 'pub grub' dishes, with 'Special Days' - Curry Nights, Fish and Chips etc. There was a board outside advertising ;Burns Night' specials - Haggis and Neeps for less than a fiver, which I was tempted by!
    Childrens menu and vegetarian/gluten free dishes.

This pub gets its name from the adjacent Casino. Apparently, prior to the Arena opening, this place (as sadly has happened at, some other Weatherspoons) was attracting a clientèle that welcomed the cheap alcohol, served from early morning onwards, and it gained a reputation as a 'druggies' pub. A refurbishment has since made this a welcoming place for those looking for a good reasonably priced meal, or for those wishing to try some of the available Real Ales.

Prior to concerts and events, tables can be at a premium, even though this is a large building. You order and pay at the bar and give your table number. Your meal is then brought to your table.

There is an outside terrace/smoking area.

Opening hours
    Monday - Thursday and Sunday:08.00 to Midnight
    Friday - Saturday: 08.00 to 01.00

Level access/disabled facillities.
    Children welcomed

Stick or Twist Stick or Twist Stick or Twist
    • Beer Tasting

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Wagamana (Trinity Leeds): Another Wagamama!

by spidermiss Updated Nov 29, 2014

It was my first visit to the Leeds Trinity Branch (in November 2014). I enjoyed my meal there in this new and modern restaurant. My bill came to 13.30 gbp including a drink tips which was considered good value for money.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a Saien Soba (a vegetarian noodle soup) which was accompanied by a soft drink and a mini ginger cheese cake (for dessert).

I had a lovely meal and won't hesitate to order the same again.

Wagamama at Trinity Leeds! My main course, Saien Soba

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Handmade Burger Co.: Had a Stuffed Burger!

by spidermiss Updated Nov 29, 2014

This is the first time I visited Handmade Burger Co restaurant (In February 2014). It's a new restaurant which opened at the same time as Trinity Leeds, the city's newest shopping centre, last year. This family run restaurant chain was founded in Birmingham in 2006/07 and now has a number of restaurant in the Midlands and the North of England. The founders take pride in using the freshest and finest ingredients for their burgers.

There are over 40 burgers to choose from along with sides, milkshakes and sundaes. I had a lovely meal and wouldn't hesitate to make a return visit.

Please note you order your meal over the counter first which you pay for in advance and I noted the restaurant got very busy quickly.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the stuffed Mozzarella and Tomato Burger (8.25 gbp) accompanied with handmade coleslaw (2.95 gbp) and mineral water (1.95 gbp). It cost 13.15 gbp (February 2014) in total. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and left the restaurant satisfied.

I made a return visit in October 2014 and ordered the Halloumi skewers (3.95 gbp) with chips (3.15), which are probably some of the best I've ever eaten, with a glass of Pinot Grigio Rose (4.75 gbp). Came at a total of 11.85 gbp. It was the wonderful chips that made me return there at the end of November for dinner! I order the blue cheese and bacon burger, obviously with chips and enjoyed a wonderful strawberry milkshake (the burger and fries came to 12.65 gbp plus tips for the meal. Courtesy of having a loyalty card I'd got my shake free :) )

Handmade Burger Co. Handmade Burger Co. My meal at Handmade Burger Co.

Hepworth's Delicatessen: Artisan Goodies

by spidermiss Updated Oct 16, 2014

Hepworth's Deli is run by the Joe Hepworth, a successful Leeds Chef who has worked in many cities' top restuarants. He had a private Chef business (See Hepworths Kitchen) before setting up this shop/deli/cafe. All the artisan goodies including sandwiches, salads, cheeses, cooked meats and pastries are freshly made and the local ingredients are sourced.

I've been to this shop/deli/cafe twice now and always enjoyed their food and look forward to making return visits. The cafe is rather small and it's popular but a take away option is available should you're unable to get a seat or in a rush.

The prices are more than average but you pay for the quality and the fact the money is going straight to local suppliers which will support their independent visits.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a Halloumi and beetroot wrap on my first visit which was wonderful. However the best lunch I had there was ordering their one of their signature deli platters - I had the Vegetarian platter which consisted of Marinated vegetables, olive selection, hummus, tzatziki, sunblushed tomatoes, toasted pitta bread and dressed mixed leaf salad.

I made a return visit in September 2014 where I ordered the Deli Ploughman's platter which consisted of artisan cheese, apple chutney, dressed mixed leaf salad, home made ham hock terrain, artisan bread and scotch egg.

Hepworth's Delicatessen, Leeds Hepworth's Delicatessen, Leeds My Halloumi and Beetroot Wrap My Vegetarian (Mezze) Deli Platter Hepworth's Deli Ploughman's Platter (Sept 2014)

Bryon: Now in Leeds

by spidermiss Updated Jul 13, 2014

Bryon has recently opened in Leeds so my friend and I took the opportunity to check it out. I usually going to Bryon whenever I'm in London so it's nice for one of their branches to open in the city centre. With the newer branches one expects its eclectic but effective interior (as shown in the photos) with its bay windows and natural light on the right hand side (depending where you're sitting) housed in a church design building. You can able to sit outside along Albion Place and people watch as everyone goes about their business.

I'm impressed with the place and no doubt many return visits will be made.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a veggie burger with fries and which was accompanied by a glass of Pinot Giorgio. The price came to 16.45 gbp (July 2014) which I considered good value for money for the quality of food presented to me. My friend ordered a chilli burger with fries and a beer.

Bryon, Leeds Inside Bryon, Leeds My meal at Bryon, Leeds Julie and I at Bryon, Leeds Bryon, Leeds

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Just Grand! Vintage Tearoom!: Going back in time for tea!

by spidermiss Updated May 9, 2014

Mum and I had a lovely afternoon tea at Just Grand! Vintage Tearoom. We felt we went back in time with the tearoom's nostalgic and vintage themes with its furniture and interior deco. We loved how our tea was served in a China teapot and cups along with our baked goodies on plates and assiettes.

Just Grand Vintage Tea Room opened in 2014 and we're confident that it will do well and be round for a very long time! Their menu offers a variety of things including traditional afternoon tea and also breakfast and its reputed for its selection of speciality teas.

The restaurant only accepts cash payments and is opened 7 days a week. Our bill came to 10 gbp (plus tips) (May 2014) which we considered good value for money and the quality of what we were served. We won't hesitate to return.

Favorite Dish: We ordered a pot of Yorkshire Tea. Mum ordered a scone (with jam and clotted cream) and I ordered an assiette consisting of two small slices of homemade cake (banana and salted caramel and parkin with dark treacle and lime) and a freshly made scone (with jam and clotted cream). We loved the baked goodies and the tea.

Just Grand! Vintage Tea Room, Leeds Just Grand! Vintage Tea Room, Leeds Just Grand! Vintage Tea Room, Leeds Our Afternoon Tea at Just Grand! Vintage Tea Room Just Grand! Vintage Tea Room, Leeds

PIZZA EXPRESS: EXCELLENT DOUGH BALLS

by alyf1961 Updated Apr 18, 2014

Pizza express is my favourite chain of restaurants and they are situated in most cities and large towns in England.
    They offer excellent food and good value for money. The service is always efficient and friendly.
    There are two Pizza Express restaurants in Leeds city centre. I usually go to the one on Park Square West as because it is usually quieter when the offices nearby are finished for the day.

17/04/14
    We visit this branch of the popular pizza chain regularly. This particular restaurant gets very busy at lunch time, Monday to Friday, as it is situated in the financial district of Leeds city centre. All other times, including all day Saturday and Sunday, it has a very relaxing, peaceful ambiance. This is due to the fact most people would visit one of the two other branches, one near the Corn Exchange and the other on Albion Place.
    As usual the pizza was delicious; I had an “American” pizza with San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa (blood orange) to drink.
    TASTECARD is accepted here and all the other Leeds Pizza Express restaurants.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish from the menu is American, which is just pepperoni, but I usually add mushrooms and ham to it. The best item on offer is dough balls, balls of pizza dough served with a generous dish of garlic butter.
    The wine is reasonably priced, my favourite being Pinot Blush.

PARK SQUARE WEST AMERICAN PIZZA

• Balam's Profile Photo

Jamie's Italian: Fantastic!

by Balam Written Jan 13, 2014

The first Jamie’s Italian opened on George Street in Oxford in 2008 when after touring Italy in jamies Italian Escape and declaring that he “should have been Italian”, the now-famous Jamie Oliver decided he wanted to share everything that he had learnt about Italian food and eating with the rest of the world and so with his old friend and trusted mentor Gennaro Contaldo (of Two Greedy Italians fame) He opened a restaurant to reflect the passionate, humble and great sociable attitude of Italians towards food.

More Restaurants soon followed and in May 2010 Jamie's Italian Leeds opened in a former bank with an original and very ornate ceiling as well as some great other features like the large Chandelier. I particularly liked the Pasta machines which are on the right as you enter, You can see the fresh Pasta being made.

OPENING TIMES
    Monday - Saturday 12 noon - 11.00pm
    Sunday 12 noon - 10.30pm

Jamie's Italian, Leeds Jamie's Italian, Leeds Jamie's Italian, Leeds Jamie's Italian, Leeds Jamie's Italian, Leeds
    • Singles

TRINITY KITCHEN: STREET FOOD SELECTION NO. 3. DEC/JAN 2013/14

by alyf1961 Written Jan 2, 2014

ORIGINAL FRY UP MATERIAL
    Original fry up material started out by getting a pitch at V festival in 2012. After that success they set up in Roman road market and Brick lane in London. They sell delicious burgers and sandwiches.
    FISH &
    Fish & are one of the few street food outlets in Trinity Kitchen that dn’t originate in London, they are from Leeds. They started with a regular pitch on Commercial street. They also pitch at food and music festivals.
    DOGTOWN LONDON
    These delicious hotdogs are usually found at festivals in the summer and street markets in the colder months. They also have a van at The Arsenal Tavern.
    CREPE LUCETTE
    Another non-London street food outlet, Crepe Lucette are usually found at events and festivals in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and throughout the North-West.
    DONASTIA SOCIAL CLUB
    This street food van specializes in Basque Spanish tapas food. They usually trade at the Gherkin and Kings Cross in London.

Favorite Dish: Hot dogs from Dogtown.

FISH & ORIGINAL FRY UP CREPE LUCETTE DOGTOWN DELICIOUS

TRINITY KITCHEN: STREET FOOD SELECTION NO.2. DEC 2013

by alyf1961 Written Dec 21, 2013

BANG WOK
    Authentic Thai food cooked by a chef who was born in Thailand and brought up on traditional Thai street food.
    Usually found at Waterloo in London at lunchtime, Monday to Friday.
    This Tuk Tuk with 2 woks is said to have some of the tastiest Thai food in the UK.
    One of the favourite meals on the menu at Bang Wok is “raan khao kaeng”, a curry with rice.
    BESSIES CARAVAN
    Originating in Kent, this quaint traditional tea and cake outlet is very similar to “Marvellous” which was part of the previous “Trinity Kitchen street food”
    Alongside the traditional tea and cakes, there will be available during the festive season, mulled wine and spritzers made with Kent fruit brandies.
    Kent is known as “the garden of England” so homemade fruit jams and fruit based alcoholic drinks are on the menu.
    FRESH ROOTZ
    A vegetarian outlet set in a traditional VW campervan. This outlet travels around the country selling it’s tasty vegetarian meals at music events, festivals and shopping centres.
    They won the “BBC good food show” award for best street food in the Midlands.
    THE CAULDRON
    Slow cooked meat and vegetables cooked in cauldrons over a brazier. The menu includes braised belly pork in a wrap with fennel and bang bang sauce, slow cooked shoulder of hog in a flatbread with salad and yoghurt dressing and rolled pork cheek with a potato mash.
    This outlet won “best street food stall” at Exeter innovations street food market.
    THE MOBILE DINER
    Burgers in all shapes and sizes and named after top London landmarks… which one should I choose.
    This van outlet travels around the country going to gigs, festivals and shopping centres. They were at Somerset house for fashion week.

Favorite Dish: The burgers at The mobile diner were delicious. they cost £5.50 but were quite big with salad, cheese and a delicious BBQ sauce.

FRESH ROOTZ THE CAULDRON BANGWOK BESSIE'S CARAVAN THE MOBILE DINER

Costa: Good Old Costa!

by spidermiss Updated Nov 8, 2013

I regularly go to have either their lovely coffee and yummy hot chocolates and occasionally a sweet goodie :)

There are other branches in the city centre:

Merrion Centre

Trinity Leeds
    Albion Street
    Leeds
    LS1 5AY

Favorite Dish: Love the iced coffees, hot chocolates and Bakewell Muffins (seasonal) at Costa.

Costa (Bond Court Branch), Leeds My hot chocolate Costa (Bond Court Branch), Leeds Costa Americano and Lemon Cake

TRINITY KITCHEN: STREET FOOD SELECTION NO. 1. NOV 2013

by alyf1961 Written Oct 28, 2013

MANJITS KITCHEN
    This smelled delicious but it was vegetarian so I didn’t try it.
    BIG APPLE HOTDOGS
    I had one of the smaller hot dogs from here. £3.00 and it was delicious.
    KATE AND KIMS KITCHEN
    A selection of cakes and pastries.
    MARVELLOUS
    Traditional English tea and cakes.
    GURMETTI
    Sandwiches and paninis.

Favorite Dish: BIG APPLE HOTDOGS

MANJIT'S KITCHEN GURMETTI MARVELLOUS KATE AND KIM'S KITCHEN BIG APPLE HOTDOGS

PHO: VIETNAMESE FOOD

by alyf1961 Written Oct 28, 2013

Having eaten "pho" in Vietnam I was eager to try it at the new Trinity Kitchen in Leeds. I wasn't disappointed, it was delicious.

I ordered my food and paid for it, I was then given a buzzer and I went and found a table. when the buzzer went off I went back to collect my food. a generous bowl of this delicious beef and noodle soup cost £6.75. it was very filling.
    Founded by husband and wife team Stephen and Jules Wall, this traditional Vietnamese street food kitchen is a permanent fixture at the new Trinity Kitchen in Leeds. The Walls visited Vietnam and fell in love with the cuisine, this is not hard to do as when I visited Vietnam I found the simple food very tasty, especially the Pho (pronounced “fur”).
    Pho is Vietnams national dish, a rice noodle soup with a side dish of fresh herbs to add to taste.
    Also on the menu is Vietnamese spring rolls, curry with broken rice, noodles and wok fried noodles. To accompany the food they serve beer, wine, soft drinks, tea and Vietnamese coffee.

Favorite Dish: PHO

Zizzi: The Antipastis!

by spidermiss Written Oct 27, 2013

I paid my first ever visit Zizzi one evening before I went to see an opera at the Leeds Grand Theatre nearby. I was curious about this UK Italian chain restaurant so I decided to give it a try. I wasn't too hungry so I just ordered two light starters.

It cost me around 15 gbp (including a soft drink) for my meal (October 2013). I definitely enjoyed my meal there and will definitely return not too distant in the future.

The restaurant is situated in the The Light complex. Inside the restaurant is very spacious with simple but effective interiors and there are tables outside the restaurant's balcony.

The restaurant also does a take away service (please click on the menu link)

Favorite Dish: I ordered a fonduta al formaggi (a three Italian cheeses fondue with baked dough sticks and focaccia for dipping) and also the small Antipasti Siciliani (consists of bufala mozzarella with roasted peppers, artichokes, and slow roasted tomatoes and dough sticks (I substituted the olives and aubergines for extra mozzarella and tomatoes).

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal especially the anitpasti. Definitely worth another visit to the restaurant for the anitpastis!

Zizzi Restaurant, The Light, Leeds Zizzi Restaurant, The Light, Leeds Zizzi Restaurant, The Light, Leeds My Starters (Antipasti and the cheese fondue)

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Barburritto!: I love the Burritos!

by spidermiss Updated Oct 23, 2013

This Barburrito opened its first bar in Manchester in 2005 and more bars opened across the UK including two in Leeds.

The Leeds Boar Lane branch opened early 2013. The bar offers an over the counter service and plenty of indoor seating.

Favorite Dish: Barburrito offers the typical Mexican fayre including Burrito, Burrito Bowls, Tacos and Nachos. On visits to Baburrito I always order the Vegetable Burritos.

I paid around 5.50 gbp for my meal and usually order a bottomless soda (1.60 gbp extra) (April 2013).

Barburrito, Boar Lane, Leeds Barburrito, Boar Lane, Leeds

Instant Answers: Leeds

Comments

Leeds Restaurants

alyf1961's Profile Photo

There is a wide range of different tastes and cuisines  available in Leeds city centre. If you are looking for a particular type of cuisine try the website…..www.leeds-eating.com