Leeds Restaurants

• Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August 2012)
    Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August...
    by spidermiss
    Jamie's Italian, Leeds
    by Balam
    Jamie's Italian, Leeds
    by Balam

Most Recent Restaurants in Leeds

TRINITY KITCHEN: A NEW CONCEPT

by alyf1961 Updated Oct 23, 2013

A new food concept in Leeds city centre. Situated in the brand new Trinity shopping centre.

There are seven permanent restaurants and each month five street food vans and carts will set up shop on the first floor of the Trinity shopping mall in Leeds. After a month the food Companies change and another five options are on offer.

The event opened with a giant cake in the shape of a food van.

Check back here for more information on the vendors and the food, somebody has to do it…………………..

Favorite Dish: I'LL LET YOU KNOW

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Harverster (Cardigan Fields): Great Grills & Salad Bar!

by spidermiss Updated Oct 18, 2013

I usually pop into the Harvesters for some lunch whenever booking advanced cinema tickets at the Vue nearby. I love the food at Harvesters - reasonably priced meals which includes a complimentary salad from the bar for a main meal ordered.

I've ordered a variety of meals on my visits to the restaurant. Average cost for a meal and a drink is between 10-15 gbp (2013). Harvester also does some special offers where you only pay as little as 5-6 gbp per main course.

Favorite Dish: I've ordered the grilled chicken (with peas and baked potato) and the steak skewers (with rice) on past visits.

Harverster, Cardigan Fields, Leeds Harverster, Cardigan Fields, Leeds Grilled Chicken,Harverster, Cardigan Fields, Leeds Steak Skewers, Harvester, Cardigan Fields, Leeds

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

The Wellington in Leeds: Yummy Carveries!

by spidermiss Updated Oct 18, 2013

We have family roast meals at The Wellington from time to time. The Wellington specialises in the carvery where there is a dedicated carvery desk which serves slow cooked meats, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, roast potatoes and a variety of vegetables and accompanied by gravy and sauces.

The Carvery is good value - Only 3.99 gbp (Monday to Saturday) and 7.29 gbp (Sunday) plus drinks. There are other meal options available and also a choice of desserts available.

Favorite Dish: Roast meals

The Wellington Hotel in Leeds

GIRAFFE: DELICIOUS

by alyf1961 Written Mar 29, 2013

We went to Giraffe for a meal this Easter. I had seen Giraffe on Greek street but we had never tried it before. The menu was a bit diverse with Burgers, steaks, fish, stir fries, salads and schnitzels. I had chicken schnitzel with mashed potato, salad and garlic sauce. It was delicious. I also had a cappuccino with amarretti biscuits crushed on the top which was delicious.

Favorite Dish: chicken schnitzel

HA HA BAR AND GRILL: DELICIOUS

by alyf1961 Written Mar 23, 2013

Ha ha bar and grill is situated in the Electric press building in Millennium Square Leeds. This restaurant serves pub grub type food which is delicious and fairly cheap. I had sausage and mash then my favourite dessert which is crème brulee. The crème brulee was especially delicious.

opening times
    Mon-Wed 10:00 - 23:00
    Fri-Sat 10:00 - 1:00
    Sun 10:00 - 22:30

Favorite Dish: CREME BRULEE

AKBARS: MY FAVOURITE INDIAN RESTAURANT

by alyf1961 Written Mar 23, 2013

We visited Akbar’s Indian restaurant on Greek street Leeds for Emma’s 26th birthday. We usually go to the Akbar’s on the Headrow but this time we fancied a change.
    For a starter I had my favourite part of the meal which is the pickle tray with poppadum’s. For main course I had lamb biryani which was just spicy enough for me. Emma was given an ice cream sundae with a firework attached for dessert.

Opening Times
    Mon - Sat: 17:00 - 24:00
    Sun: 17:00 - 23:30

Favorite Dish: PICKLE TRAY WITH POPPADUM'S

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Harvester Salad & Grill: Love the fresh salad and steak!

by spidermiss Updated Mar 16, 2013

For three consecutive years running we went there to celebrate my parents' wedding anniversary. The restaurant specialises in grills (steak, chicken, gammon etc) but the menu also offers traditional dishes and pasta. With every main course ordered we can help ourselves to an unlimited salad bar where there is a wide range of choices and condiments plus bread. The restaurant offers vegetarian options and can cater for those with various dietary requirements.

In March 2013 we paid another visit to the restaurant to celebrate my graduation. I ordered the triple chicken dish and also again enjoyed the unlimited salad! The meal was delicious. My Dad had ribs and my Mum had a combo (chicken and steak). We thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

This restaurant is very popular so you need to either reserve in advance or wait on arrival but there is a bar area where you can able to have a drink while you're waiting for your table.

It's a family friendly restaurant where there is a children's menu.

Favorite Dish: I had a salad for starters and for the main course I had recently was grilled Halloumi on roasted large mushrooms and tomatoes and accompanied with baked potatoes, peas and onion rings.

The total cost of the meal came around around 11 gbp excluding drinks.

Harvester Salad & Grill, Colton, Leeds (in 2012) Harvester Salad & Grill, Colton, Leeds (in 2012) My Main Course, Grilled Halloumi (2012) My Starter, Salad (2012) My main course, Triple Chicken (March 2012)

Cafe Rouge: French Cuisine

by spidermiss Written Jan 31, 2013

In January 2013, we visited the Leeds Branch of this chain French restaurant after we went to the cinema at The Light. We just ordered a glass of red wine each which was nice.

I have dined in this restaurant before and always like the food served there. Please see the website for their menus and prices.

Cafe Rouge, Leeds Headrow Enjoying a glass of house red wine!

East India Restaurant: Taste of India in East Leeds

by spidermiss Written Jan 13, 2013

For many years my parents and I dined at this restaurant from time to time. I've always enjoyed the extensive meal the restaurant offered and the food served is of a high quality.

Since my last visit the restaurant has been refurbished and somewhat has a lighter feel/ambience to the restaurant which is positive. There is a bar/welcoming area when you arrive and a waiter escorts you to the table. I highly recommend this restaurant for an Indian meal even if the desserts are something to be desired!

Favorite Dish: We had the East India Grand Buffet at the restaurant on our visit which costs us 8.95 gbp (January 2013). The buffet served mainly Indian Cuisine.

Starters included onion bhajis, samosas, pakoras, salads, Indian dressings etc; Main course included a variety of curries including two vegetarian options plus rice and naan bread; Dessert offered some sort of rice pudding and fruit (I didn't have any). We also had poppadums on our table to accompany our meal.

The food was good although very filling.

East India Restaurant, Crossgates, East Leeds East India Grand Buffet Meal Dining with my parents! Me and Mum in the restaurant!

ASK: Nice Italian Restaurant

by spidermiss Written Dec 19, 2012

ASK is an Italian restaurant chain nationwide. We had our work's end of year get together in 2012. We hired out the upper floor of the restaurant.

We had a set meal at 12.50 gbp (December 2012) per head which we paid in advance. We had to make our choices in advance and the menu offered a nice range of starters, main course and dessert. A soft drink and unlimited water was included in the meal.

I had a nice meal in a lovely and modern but warm ambiance setting and would like to make a return visit in the future. One criticism I had was a long wait between our courses and being service. However I have to remember that the staff had to serve a work party of 50+ colleagues.

Favorite Dish: For starters, I had the butternut squash, chestnut and pancetta soup; For the main course, I had Fettuccine con verdure (pasta with green vegetables, red peppers and tomatoes); And for dessert I had panettone bread and butter pudding.

I thoroughly enjoyed the food.

ASK Italian Restaurant, Headingley, Leeds ASK Italian Restaurant, Headingley, Leeds Inside the Restaurant, ASK Italian Butternut squash, chestnut and pancetta soup Fettuccine con verdure

Riverseque Cafe: Coffee and Riverside Views

by spidermiss Updated Aug 27, 2012

Before I met up with my friend, James, for Phantom at The Grand I had a quick coffee at this cafe. Riverseque is a sandwich and coffee bar which offers full English breakfast, hot and cold sandwiches and drinks. I ordered an Americano with milk which is only 1.40 gbp (August 2012). The cafe also offers a takeaway service and has riverside views of the River Aire.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday: 7.30am-4.00pm
    Saturday: 8.30am-4.00pm
    Sunday: 8.30am-3.00pm

Favorite Dish: I just had a an Americano.

Riverseque Cafe, Leeds Inside Riverseque Cafe, Leeds Inside Riverseque Cafe, Leeds River Aire and Leeds Bridge Calls Landing and River Aire, Leeds

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

I-Candy Desserts: A Dessert Cafe!

by spidermiss Updated Aug 26, 2012

I popped in this attractive dessert cafe near The Grand Theatre after I did my tour. I was impressed with the cafe with its setting, ambiance and display of what they offered. It's first cafe of a kind in the city centre to focus on just desserts including sundaes, crepes, waffles and even chocolate fondues. They also offer cake and cheesecake (even if these aren't made on the premises they look mouthwatering). I make a habit of visiting the cafe for a sugar fix in the future whenever I see a show at The Grand Theatre.

I feel we need more of these places in the city centre as it's getting harder to find independent specialist cafes.

Please check out for further information on Leeds Grub Blogspot

Favorite Dish: I love the extensive menu especially the sundaes.

I-Candy Desserts, Leeds Banana Split at I-Candy (August 2012) Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August 2012) Upstairs Lounge at I-Candy Chocoate Waffle and Latte at I-Candy (August 2012)

Little Tokyo: The Root and Spice of Healthy Eating

by spidermiss Written Aug 11, 2012

It has been a while since I last went to this Japanese restaurant. I remember the wonderful meals I have had there and I was confident having a similar experience. I love the ambiance and surrounding with it's Japanese interior with its seating and fish ponds. It's shaded lighting and water pouring in the pond it gives this calm feel to the place and positively enhances your dining experience.

I would definitely return and try the other Japanese delicacies other than soup and noodles.

I love their healthy eating policies they apply to the food and restaurant and they use an air purifying system.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the vegetable Yaki Bucksoba (8.99 gbp) which I thoroughly enjoyed. It came to 11 gbp (including drink) (August 2012).

The meal was filling but wonderful.

Little Tokyo, Leeds Little Tokyo, Leeds Inside Little Tokyo restaurant Vegetable Yaki Bucksoba at Little Tokyo

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Revolution!: Love the Ambience!

by spidermiss Updated Jul 7, 2012

Revolution is known more as a party bar with its vodka theme than for its food! This UK chain offers food and has a restaurant partition until 10.00pm daily where you can able to eat. I visited the Leeds (Electric Press) branch whilst shopping in the city centre one afternoon.

I'm not into party bars so it was an odd choice, for me, to actually go in for something to eat. However I was attracted to what they offered on the menu and the reasonable prices as well. They have a special offer on Monday where one can eat for half price (children eat free) and if anyone is a Leeds City Council employee (I'll be from April 2013!) they get 25% off their bill.

Although the bar was busy the restaurant was very quiet and a member of staff kindly turned down the music whilst I was eating. I loved the bar restaurant's ambiance, decor and space! The staff were very friendly and efficient and I felt comfortable dining on my own. However it would be different if I was drinking and partying on my own though!

Favorite Dish: I ordered a sweet potato & bean falafel wrap which was absolutely heavenly! It was accompanied with their homemade tzatziki and a small side salad. I also ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio and an Americano coffee after the meal.

The total came to 15 gbp (including tip) (July 2012)

Revolution (Leeds - Electric Press) Best Sweet Potato & Bean Falafel Wrap ever! Inside Revolution, Leeds Learning about Admiral Hordtion Nelson! Garlic Mushroom Pizza at Revolution, Leeds

LEEDS CITY MARKET: GLOBAL FOOD MARKET

by alyf1961 Written May 26, 2012

Leeds city market has a wide range of international foods available. There is a Chinese supermarket as well as a ready made meal shop "maxi's" on butchers row. There are a number of eastern European supermarkets within the market and an African butcher that specializes in African types and cuts of meat on butchers row.

Instant Answers: Leeds

Comments

Leeds Restaurants

alyf1961's Profile Photo

There is a wide range of different tastes and cuisines  available in Leeds city centre. If you are looking for a particular type of cuisine try the website…..www.leeds-eating.com