Leeds Restaurants

• Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August 2012)
    Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August...
    by spidermiss
    Jamie's Italian, Leeds
    by Balam
    Jamie's Italian, Leeds
    by Balam

Most Recent Restaurants in Leeds

HA HA BAR AND GRILL: DELICIOUS

by alyf1961 Written Mar 23, 2013

Ha ha bar and grill is situated in the Electric press building in Millennium Square Leeds. This restaurant serves pub grub type food which is delicious and fairly cheap. I had sausage and mash then my favourite dessert which is crème brulee. The crème brulee was especially delicious.

opening times
    Mon-Wed 10:00 - 23:00
    Fri-Sat 10:00 - 1:00
    Sun 10:00 - 22:30

Favorite Dish: CREME BRULEE

AKBARS: MY FAVOURITE INDIAN RESTAURANT

by alyf1961 Written Mar 23, 2013

We visited Akbar’s Indian restaurant on Greek street Leeds for Emma’s 26th birthday. We usually go to the Akbar’s on the Headrow but this time we fancied a change.
    For a starter I had my favourite part of the meal which is the pickle tray with poppadum’s. For main course I had lamb biryani which was just spicy enough for me. Emma was given an ice cream sundae with a firework attached for dessert.

Opening Times
    Mon - Sat: 17:00 - 24:00
    Sun: 17:00 - 23:30

Favorite Dish: PICKLE TRAY WITH POPPADUM'S

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Harvester Salad & Grill: Love the fresh salad and steak!

by spidermiss Updated Mar 16, 2013

Harvester Salad & Grill, Colton, Leeds (in 2012)

For three consecutive years running we went there to celebrate my parents' wedding anniversary. The restaurant specialises in grills (steak, chicken, gammon etc) but the menu also offers traditional dishes and pasta. With every main course ordered we can help ourselves to an unlimited salad bar where there is a wide range of choices and condiments plus bread. The restaurant offers vegetarian options and can cater for those with various dietary requirements.

In March 2013 we paid another visit to the restaurant to celebrate my graduation. I ordered the triple chicken dish and also again enjoyed the unlimited salad! The meal was delicious. My Dad had ribs and my Mum had a combo (chicken and steak). We thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

This restaurant is very popular so you need to either reserve in advance or wait on arrival but there is a bar area where you can able to have a drink while you're waiting for your table.

It's a family friendly restaurant where there is a children's menu.

Favorite Dish: I had a salad for starters and for the main course I had recently was grilled Halloumi on roasted large mushrooms and tomatoes and accompanied with baked potatoes, peas and onion rings.

The total cost of the meal came around around 11 gbp excluding drinks.

Cafe Rouge: French Cuisine

by spidermiss Written Jan 31, 2013
    Cafe Rouge, Leeds Headrow

In January 2013, we visited the Leeds Branch of this chain French restaurant after we went to the cinema at The Light. We just ordered a glass of red wine each which was nice.

I have dined in this restaurant before and always like the food served there. Please see the website for their menus and prices.

East India Restaurant: Taste of India in East Leeds

by spidermiss Written Jan 13, 2013
    East India Restaurant, Crossgates, East Leeds

For many years my parents and I dined at this restaurant from time to time. I've always enjoyed the extensive meal the restaurant offered and the food served is of a high quality.

Since my last visit the restaurant has been refurbished and somewhat has a lighter feel/ambience to the restaurant which is positive. There is a bar/welcoming area when you arrive and a waiter escorts you to the table. I highly recommend this restaurant for an Indian meal even if the desserts are something to be desired!

Favorite Dish: We had the East India Grand Buffet at the restaurant on our visit which costs us 8.95 gbp (January 2013). The buffet served mainly Indian Cuisine.

Starters included onion bhajis, samosas, pakoras, salads, Indian dressings etc; Main course included a variety of curries including two vegetarian options plus rice and naan bread; Dessert offered some sort of rice pudding and fruit (I didn't have any). We also had poppadums on our table to accompany our meal.

The food was good although very filling.

ASK: Nice Italian Restaurant

by spidermiss Written Dec 19, 2012
    ASK Italian Restaurant, Headingley, Leeds

ASK is an Italian restaurant chain nationwide. We had our work's end of year get together in 2012. We hired out the upper floor of the restaurant.

We had a set meal at 12.50 gbp (December 2012) per head which we paid in advance. We had to make our choices in advance and the menu offered a nice range of starters, main course and dessert. A soft drink and unlimited water was included in the meal.

I had a nice meal in a lovely and modern but warm ambiance setting and would like to make a return visit in the future. One criticism I had was a long wait between our courses and being service. However I have to remember that the staff had to serve a work party of 50+ colleagues.

Favorite Dish: For starters, I had the butternut squash, chestnut and pancetta soup; For the main course, I had Fettuccine con verdure (pasta with green vegetables, red peppers and tomatoes); And for dessert I had panettone bread and butter pudding.

I thoroughly enjoyed the food.

Riverseque Cafe: Coffee and Riverside Views

by spidermiss Updated Aug 27, 2012

Riverseque Cafe, Leeds

Before I met up with my friend, James, for Phantom at The Grand I had a quick coffee at this cafe. Riverseque is a sandwich and coffee bar which offers full English breakfast, hot and cold sandwiches and drinks. I ordered an Americano with milk which is only 1.40 gbp (August 2012). The cafe also offers a takeaway service and has riverside views of the River Aire.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday: 7.30am-4.00pm
    Saturday: 8.30am-4.00pm
    Sunday: 8.30am-3.00pm

Favorite Dish: I just had a an Americano.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

I-Candy Desserts: A Dessert Cafe!

by spidermiss Updated Aug 26, 2012
    I-Candy Desserts, Leeds

I popped in this attractive dessert cafe near The Grand Theatre after I did my tour. I was impressed with the cafe with its setting, ambiance and display of what they offered. It's first cafe of a kind in the city centre to focus on just desserts including sundaes, crepes, waffles and even chocolate fondues. They also offer cake and cheesecake (even if these aren't made on the premises they look mouthwatering). I make a habit of visiting the cafe for a sugar fix in the future whenever I see a show at The Grand Theatre.

I feel we need more of these places in the city centre as it's getting harder to find independent specialist cafes.

Please check out for further information on Leeds Grub Blogspot

Favorite Dish: I love the extensive menu especially the sundaes.

Little Tokyo: The Root and Spice of Healthy Eating

by spidermiss Written Aug 11, 2012
    Little Tokyo, Leeds

It has been a while since I last went to this Japanese restaurant. I remember the wonderful meals I have had there and I was confident having a similar experience. I love the ambiance and surrounding with it's Japanese interior with its seating and fish ponds. It's shaded lighting and water pouring in the pond it gives this calm feel to the place and positively enhances your dining experience.

I would definitely return and try the other Japanese delicacies other than soup and noodles.

I love their healthy eating policies they apply to the food and restaurant and they use an air purifying system.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the vegetable Yaki Bucksoba (8.99 gbp) which I thoroughly enjoyed. It came to 11 gbp (including drink) (August 2012).

The meal was filling but wonderful.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Revolution!: Love the Ambience!

by spidermiss Updated Jul 7, 2012
    Revolution (Leeds - Electric Press)

Revolution is known more as a party bar with its vodka theme than for its food! This UK chain offers food and has a restaurant partition until 10.00pm daily where you can able to eat. I visited the Leeds (Electric Press) branch whilst shopping in the city centre one afternoon.

I'm not into party bars so it was an odd choice, for me, to actually go in for something to eat. However I was attracted to what they offered on the menu and the reasonable prices as well. They have a special offer on Monday where one can eat for half price (children eat free) and if anyone is a Leeds City Council employee (I'll be from April 2013!) they get 25% off their bill.

Although the bar was busy the restaurant was very quiet and a member of staff kindly turned down the music whilst I was eating. I loved the bar restaurant's ambiance, decor and space! The staff were very friendly and efficient and I felt comfortable dining on my own. However it would be different if I was drinking and partying on my own though!

Favorite Dish: I ordered a sweet potato & bean falafel wrap which was absolutely heavenly! It was accompanied with their homemade tzatziki and a small side salad. I also ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio and an Americano coffee after the meal.

The total came to 15 gbp (including tip) (July 2012)

LEEDS CITY MARKET: GLOBAL FOOD MARKET

by alyf1961 Written May 26, 2012

Leeds city market has a wide range of international foods available. There is a Chinese supermarket as well as a ready made meal shop "maxi's" on butchers row. There are a number of eastern European supermarkets within the market and an African butcher that specializes in African types and cuts of meat on butchers row.

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

MCDONALDS: Watching football makes you hungry

by alyf1961 Updated May 26, 2012

Gone are the days when all you could get to eat on match day at Elland road was a manky pork pie or a greasy burger.

Now on Elland road there is a choice of McDonalds, Subway or Graveleys fish and chips.

Mon 5:30AM - midnight
    Tue 5:30AM - midnight
    Wed 5:30AM - midnight
    Thu 5:30AM - midnight
    Fri 5:30AM - midnight
    Sat 5:30AM - midnight
    Sun 5:30AM - midnight

Favorite Dish: BIG MAC AND BANANA MILKSHAKE.

COSTA COFFEE: COSTA, BRIGGATE, LEEDS

by alyf1961 Updated May 15, 2012

Costa coffee, The uk's fastest growing coffee chain and the second largest in the world.
    This was Costa's 2000th store.and the first shop outside of London to have the new look 'Metropolitan' design.

Favorite Dish: Black forest hot chocolate.......part of the christmas range, get some while you can.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Wagamama: Japanese Noodles and Frozen Yoghurt!

by spidermiss Updated May 11, 2012
    Wagamama Restaurant, Leeds

I fancied something different than to my usual food fayre whenever I go out to eat. After checking out a number of restaurants, I chose Wagamana as I fancied some Japanese noodles so there I went!

Wagamama is a UK Japanese restaurant chain which has many branches in most cities and also some countries worldwide. It specialises in noodles but there are also rice dishes available.

I've been to Wagamama many times now and I've always had pleasant dining experiences so I was expecting similar. I wasn't disappointed and I'm now looking forward to another return visit to the restaurant.

The restaurant layout and ambience have a Japanese theme and you have chopsticks instead of knives and forks (although I'm sure these could be requested if need be).

Favorite Dish: On my last visit I ordered the Yasai Yaki Soba noodles as my main course. For dessert I order chocolate frozen yoghurt.

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The noodles were delicious and the chocolate frozen yoghurt had ginger stem which I thoroughly enjoyed. The total came to 13.35 gbp including tea and a service charge.

Please look at the menu on the website for dish choices.

KIRKSTALL FISHERIES: THE BEST FISH AND CHIPS IN LEEDS

by alyf1961 Written Apr 30, 2012

This "chip shop" is on my way home from work and it sells the best chip shop curry. I love curry, it goes with everything.....fish, chips, spam fritters, battered sausages, fish cakes and pies.....always with scraps.

If anybody is lucky enough to be in Kirkstall check this "chippy" out. The staff are really friendly too.

Favorite Dish: ANYTHING WITH CURRY SAUCE

Instant Answers: Leeds

Comments

Leeds Restaurants

alyf1961's Profile Photo

There is a wide range of different tastes and cuisines  available in Leeds city centre. If you are looking for a particular type of cuisine try the website…..www.leeds-eating.com