Leeds Restaurants

• Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August 2012)
    Totally Minted Sundae at I-Candy (August...
    by spidermiss

Best Rated Restaurants in Leeds

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo

Red Hot World Buffet Bar: Spoilt for choice

by mickeyboy07 Written Feb 19, 2012

Located on the Headrow not far from the town hall in the city centre is the 'Red Hot World Buffet Bar',a self service style restaurant serving international and local dishes.The choice is endless choose from Thai,Chinese,Japanese,Indian,Italian,Mexican and English dishes.Starters,Salads,Main Meals and deserts are all on offer just pick what you want and enjoy.The restaurant theme is based on international destinations with its arrival and departure boards and model type plane with windows and seats used as a hallway.A relaxed,bright atmosphere and lovely deco make this place a must for world food lovers.Pre booking only as it does get busy.Simply let the waitress take you to your table,order your drinks,grab a plate and explore the food courts.Pre priced menu means you can go and get your food as many times as you desire.Part of a chain with other restaurants in Manchester,Milton Keynes,Nottingham,Northampton and Liverpool.

Favorite Dish: The Chinese starters of dim Sung and Spare ribs was delicious,Indian Tandoori Chicken,Mixed Kebab with Rice and Nan was equally as good.

Outside at Night Restaurant and bar Chinese starter Indian main Entrance to food court
    • Beer Tasting

BECKETS BANK: CURRY NIGHT

by alyf1961 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Thursday is curry night at Beckets Bank. They have about twelve curries to choose from as well as three Thai curries including vegetarian options. The curry comes with rice, two poppadoms, naan bread and mango chutney. The price is £5.50 and this includes a drink, there is a list of beer, lager, Guinness, cider, wine, soft drinks, some bottled beer or a spirit with mixer.
    Available from 3pm to 10pm

Favorite Dish: My favourite is chicken tikka massala with a nice cold pint of Fosters.

BECKETS BANK

RED HOT WORLD BUFFET: SO MUCH CHOICE IN ONE RESTAURANT

by alyf1961 Written Oct 31, 2010

I was very excited by the opening of this restaurant. I have been passing it on my way to work every morning for the past two months while the signs in the window reported "OPENING SOON". I was beginning to give up hope of it ever opening.
    The sign in the window promised cuisine from over seven countries of the world.
    When the restaurant finally opened, I could not wait to try it and I was not disappointed.
    Once inside the restaurant you are transported to an airport lounge complete with check in desk.
    There is a bar upstairs to sit and have a drink whilst you look at the menu.
    As you go down stairs to the restaurant, you pass through the body of an aeroplane complete with overhead lockers.
    I loved the ambiance of the restaurant with statues and artefacts from around the world including a Chinese terracotta warrior and lanterns as well as Thai statues.
    Once seated we ordered drinks then went to discover if the food was as diverse as promised on the advertising. It was not...it was better.
    The live stations were fantastic with chef's cooking pasta, noodles, stir-fry, Swiss potatoes and Indian breads to order.

INDIAN
    A selection of curries with rice, pakora, naan bread, bhaji's and samosa's
    CHINESE
    Spare ribs, prawn toast, crispy pancakes [you make them up yourself], spring rolls, dim sum and stir-fry.
    ITALIAN
    Pizza, Lasagne and pasta.
    MEXICAN
    Quesadilla's, taco's and nacho's with salsa
    JAPANESE
    Sushi and teppanyakki
    CAJUN
    Flavoured chicken [BBQ, lemon and pepper and peri peri.] and corn on the cob.
    THAI
    A selection of Thai and Malaysian curries
    ENGLISH
    Shepard's pie, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and apple crumble with custard.

Other stations included
    A salad bar [Moroccan, Greek and Mediterranean] and a choice of breads and cheeses.
    A vegetable selection
    A seafood bar
    An amazing dessert section including ice cream [10 varieties] with toppings and sauces, delicious cakes, fresh fruit and jelly

Favorite Dish: I loved the chinese selection, tikka masala curry and the creme brulee.

PIZZA EXPRESS: EXCELLENT DOUGH BALLS

by alyf1961 Updated Apr 18, 2014

Pizza express is my favourite chain of restaurants and they are situated in most cities and large towns in England.
    They offer excellent food and good value for money. The service is always efficient and friendly.
    There are two Pizza Express restaurants in Leeds city centre. I usually go to the one on Park Square West as because it is usually quieter when the offices nearby are finished for the day.

17/04/14
    We visit this branch of the popular pizza chain regularly. This particular restaurant gets very busy at lunch time, Monday to Friday, as it is situated in the financial district of Leeds city centre. All other times, including all day Saturday and Sunday, it has a very relaxing, peaceful ambiance. This is due to the fact most people would visit one of the two other branches, one near the Corn Exchange and the other on Albion Place.
    As usual the pizza was delicious; I had an “American” pizza with San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa (blood orange) to drink.
    TASTECARD is accepted here and all the other Leeds Pizza Express restaurants.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish from the menu is American, which is just pepperoni, but I usually add mushrooms and ham to it. The best item on offer is dough balls, balls of pizza dough served with a generous dish of garlic butter.
    The wine is reasonably priced, my favourite being Pinot Blush.

PARK SQUARE WEST AMERICAN PIZZA

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

The Tiled Cafe: Enjoy a drink or food in Victorian Splendour!

by spidermiss Updated Oct 10, 2010

Tiled Hall Cafe is in the Leeds Art Gallery in the City Centre. This former original Victorian Reading Room (originally part of the city library) was refurbished in 2007 becoming a cafe.

I highly recommend the cafe for either hot or cold refreshments including its Yorkshire afternoon teas. The large bay windows allow natural light in the cafe.

Look out for the tiled walls; the tile roof arches; the marble pillars and medallon portraits of famous people in the 19th Century. These features have now been exposed during this refurbishment.

Worth visiting for the decor alone!!!

Favorite Dish: I love the Yorkshire afternoon teas (tea & scones with cream & jam)!

There is a wide range of refreshments including sandwiches, savouries and a selection of cakes and pastries - all are just as wonderful!

Tiled Hall Cafe Tiled Hall Cafe Tiled Hall Cafe Tiled Hall Cafe Having afternoon tea!:D

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

LA TASCA: TAPAS WITH A SPANISH FEEL.

by alyf1961 Written Jun 27, 2008

La Tasca is a lovely Spanish restaurant with 70 restaurants throughout Britain. They have an extensive menu but most people go for tapas for a tenner, which is excellent value as the portions are quite large. The ambiance is very Spanish and the waiting staff speak Spanish very well.

Favorite Dish: I have many favourites from the menu including;
    PATATAS BRAVAS deep fried potatoes in a spicy sauce.
    CHORIZO FRITO AL VINO spicy Spanish sausage pan-fried in red wine.
    PAELLA DE VERDURAS paella with vegetables.
    POLLO AL AJILLO chicken breast cooked in white wine and garlic.

LA TASCA

• Balam's Profile Photo

The Victoria Hotel: Great Pub

by Balam Written Mar 1, 2011

The Victoria hotel, Old Name The Victoria Family and Commercial Hotel is a fantastic pub, it is situated behind the Town Hall and is one of Nicholsons Classic Pubs and is certainly one of their best. It has 2 full service dinning rooms and a lovely bar area (were you can eat aswell) with seating in some really nice boothes. We went in Febuary and although cold outside it was really really warm in here, the radiators were at melting point and we had to switch seats because it was so warm. (unlike many pubs these days)

It was built in 1865 to serve people attending the Assize Courts newly held at the Town Hall.
    It had 28 bedrooms, dining rooms, private sitting rooms, a billiard room and public meeting room on it's upper floors in addition to bars on the ground floor. The Sign on the fron of the pub saying The Victoria Family and Commercial Hotel is original and dates back to the 1890's

The beer is great and as with all Nicholsons Pubs the food and service are great aswell. If your in Leeds this is a must visit Pub.

The Victoria Hotel The Victoria Hotel The Victoria Hotel The Victoria Hotel
    • Beer Tasting

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Red Hot World Buffet: A World Class Choice of Food!

by spidermiss Updated Sep 24, 2011

I decided to try out the Red Hot World Buffet and Bar. It did not fail to disappoint! I was impressed with the wide range of choices! I never faced with so many choices in a restaurant even to the famous buffet restaurants in Las Vegas! You could have a choice of Indian, Thai, Mexican, American, Japanese, Chinese, Cajun, Italian, European and local dishes were offered. There are Live Cooking Stations where you can have your own pasta, stir fry and noodles made. I opted for a potato plain rosti cake at the Swiss Potato Counter. There were a wide range of deserts to chose from and I loved the Italian Tiramisu! It's 'All You Can Eat' and you can go to the food stations as many times as you want.

One criticism, I wished there were more salad choices as I felt there wasn't much to choose from.

The decor and ambiance was impressive with furnishing representing different world regions. You descend down to the restaurant from the queuing and registration area into an 'airport' and then through an 'aeroplane' to the restaurant itself as the 'destination'. I sat in the 'Oriental' section but saw another section with an Indian theme but didn't see any other sections.

All the food choices, especially the desserts, was professionally presented and were eye catching!

I paid 14.99 GBP excluding drinks for the buffet (March 2011).

The restaurant is very popular so it is highly recommend that you book in advance on 0113 244 0400. I was fortunate, I turned up without a reservation, that there were spare tables so I didn't have to wait long but if there is a number of you it's better reserving.

On my second visit (September 2011), I came with a friend and again the food was wonderful especially the desserts.

Favorite Dish: I mainly chose foods from the Italian, Mexican and American and the limited salad sections. The food was good and I especially loved the Swiss Potato counter where I had a potato rosti cooked for me! I loved the variety of deserts (My visit in March 2011)

On my second visit, I focussed on Chinese, Indian and Thai dishes alongside the variety of desserts (My Visit in September 2011)

Red Hot World Buffet in Leeds Red Hot World Buffet in Leeds Red Hot World Buffet in Leeds The yummy dessert choices! Debbie and I (My 2nd visit to the restaurant)

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

the olive press: lovely location

by alyf1961 Updated Apr 4, 2011

A lovely Italian restaurant by the canal in Leeds city centre. We went on a cold Monday evening and there were not many people walking along the canal. On nice evenings, it is a lot busier.

Monday - Thursday 11:30 - 22:00
    Friday - Saturday 11:30 - 23:00
    Sunday Closed

Favorite Dish: I had a delicious American pizza [crispy Italian pizza base] with fries and ginger beer, for dessert, I had a Knickerbocker glory...delicious.

There is an offer on a Monday of 50% off main courses.

STARBUCKS: ALWAYS A FAVOURITE

by alyf1961 Updated Jul 16, 2008

Starbucks is dependable, it is slightly expensive but you always know that the quality of the coffee and cakes are going to be exceptional. The staff are always friendly and the seating comfortable. Most stores also have wireless internet available.

Favorite Dish: Leeds has nine Starbucks, the Headrow, Leeds City Station [2], Albion Street, Briggate, Borders book shop [Briggate], Wellington Street, Clarence dock and St Paul’s street.

THE HEADROW ALBION STREET CLARENCE DOCK

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Oranaise Cafe: Capturing magic of Algeria,Morocco &Old Andalucia!

by spidermiss Updated Mar 11, 2011

Since 2002 this wonderful cafe/restaurant offers a wide range of North African and Middle Eastern dishes including Tangines, Couscous, Mezze Platters and Tapas) and freshly mint tea. It offers breakfast as well and also outside catering and delivery service. I just love the Moroccan and Algerian interior decor and furnishings creating an authentic ambiance to enjoy the food.

There's is an upstairs "Khaima" where one can relax and catch up with friends.

I used to work near Oranaise Cafe and used to visit regular for either a coffee or to have lunch with my work colleagues.

Favorite Dish: I got 'Home Made Falafel' sandwich, falafels served with humous and salsa in a Moroccan flat bread and accompanied with a salad. This is the favourite things I've ordered at Oranaise,

On past visits, I order Mezze Platters and Couscous and I love the Tzatsiki (part of the wonderful Tapas menu).

Oranaise Cafe Inside the Oranaise Cafe Home Made Falafel Sandwich Upstairs in Oranaise Cafe Oranaise Cafe

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo

Tiled Hall Cafe: A Gallery Break

by mickeyboy07 Written Feb 25, 2012

The newly refirbished cafe gallery is a spendid spot to take a break from the gallery or the City streets.Its excellent tiled decor is fitting for the gallery and the atmosphere a little more sophisticated then your average coffee house or cafe.Serving all day breakfasts,snacks,rolls,sandwiches,pizza,pasta and lots of cakes with all types of coffee,tea and other beverages its the perfect spot to grab that quick lunchtime snack.
    Prices seem reasonable.It can get very busy with Gallery visitors.

Favorite Dish: I just had coffee but the choice of cakes is very tempting.

Spendid decor Can get busy Cakes galore Latte Barney UK has a break

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Happyness Cafe: Grandma's Food. Finest Chocolates. Wisdom books.

by spidermiss Updated Jan 5, 2011

*5th January 2011: I learnt today that the cafe has gone into liquidisation. Very sad times but I have got some very fond memories!*

It's so special for their hot chocolate! I never tasted anything so good! Relaxed and quiet atmosphere! This cafe has just opened in Leeds a few months ago and hope it goes from strength to strength!

Favorite Dish: The hot chocolate! There's a choice of dark or milk chocolate and the drink is topped up with cream and chocolate sprinklers.

Happyness Cafe Happyness Cafe Inside the Happyness Cafe Yummy Hot Chocolate!

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Trio Bar and Grill: Two Four One Pizza, Pasta & Sandwiches!

by spidermiss Updated Dec 23, 2011

I highly recommend Trio Bar and Grill for lunch where you can get two for one when you order pizza, pasta and sandwiches! They do other dishes including starters, salads and grills.

I went there with my work colleagues for our Christmas lunch in December 2010 and it was pleasant enjoying the food in such a decor setting.

We had our Christmas lunch here again in December 2011 and loved the food as always. There were a number of local rugby league players and one of colleagues had a photo with one of the star players:)

Favorite Dish: I order a Pesto Linguini with has linguini with basil pesto, baby spinich and courgettes in a cream sauce and presented with sun-blushed tomatoes, rocket and parmesan. The dish was delicious and I highly recommend this!

For Christmas Lunch in 2011, I ordered the Halloumi Skewer accompanied with mushroom sauce and rice which was delicious.

Trios in Headingley Pesto Linguini Halloumi and Roasted Vegetable Skewer

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Harvester Salad & Grill: Love the fresh salad and steak!

by spidermiss Updated Mar 16, 2013

For three consecutive years running we went there to celebrate my parents' wedding anniversary. The restaurant specialises in grills (steak, chicken, gammon etc) but the menu also offers traditional dishes and pasta. With every main course ordered we can help ourselves to an unlimited salad bar where there is a wide range of choices and condiments plus bread. The restaurant offers vegetarian options and can cater for those with various dietary requirements.

In March 2013 we paid another visit to the restaurant to celebrate my graduation. I ordered the triple chicken dish and also again enjoyed the unlimited salad! The meal was delicious. My Dad had ribs and my Mum had a combo (chicken and steak). We thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

This restaurant is very popular so you need to either reserve in advance or wait on arrival but there is a bar area where you can able to have a drink while you're waiting for your table.

It's a family friendly restaurant where there is a children's menu.

Favorite Dish: I had a salad for starters and for the main course I had recently was grilled Halloumi on roasted large mushrooms and tomatoes and accompanied with baked potatoes, peas and onion rings.

The total cost of the meal came around around 11 gbp excluding drinks.

Harvester Salad & Grill, Colton, Leeds (in 2012) Harvester Salad & Grill, Colton, Leeds (in 2012) My Main Course, Grilled Halloumi (2012) My Starter, Salad (2012) My main course, Triple Chicken (March 2012)

Instant Answers: Leeds

Comments

Leeds Restaurants

alyf1961's Profile Photo

There is a wide range of different tastes and cuisines  available in Leeds city centre. If you are looking for a particular type of cuisine try the website…..www.leeds-eating.com