Tibberton Travel Guide

Bridge over the canal
    by grandmaR
    Looking over the top of the boat
    by grandmaR
  • Son and husband walking toward the steps to pub
    Son and husband walking toward the steps...
    by DEBBBEDB

Tibberton Restaurants

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Updated Oct 25, 2009

We ate out on the tables overlooking the canal because it was nice weather. They also had play equipment on the other side for kids - a couple of swings and a slide. I understand this pub has had a succession of licensees over the last five years.

Favorite Dish: I had rib eye, new potatoes, salad, our son-in-law had lemon sole, chips and veggies, and Bob had cottage pie, new potatoes and salad. Desserts included knights in white satin, which turned out to be chocolate fudge cake with white cream icing, raspberry rhapsody and blackberry pie and ice cream Excellent good value food with special steak nights. The dinner for 5 was $60.44, and the desserts were $19.40.

Bob, doughter and son-in-law going in.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

by DEBBBEDB Updated Oct 25, 2009

The Bridge is on the canal. We moored right in front of it on the canal. One of the ways that I got my husband to go on this trip was to tell him that he could eat and drink in different pubs.

The pub had both a quiet local bar and a separate dining area that comfortably seats over 50 people. They also had two large Beer Gardens with tables and benches; one on the waters edge of the Worcester & Birimgham Canal and the other providing a safe area for young children to play. We ate inside in the dining area, and then went out to the back Beer Garden area for dessert and for my son to play on the playground. There was a little girl there -about 3 - with her family, and our son pushed her in one of the swings, and then she followed him around down the slide some.

According to the reviews, This .. pub sells excellent quality Banks's Mild, Bitter and a guest beer. Also worth trying is the Bulmers Trad cider.

Favorite Dish: I had spinach and ricotta lasagna and veggies, and they even had sausage and chips which seems to be my son's favorite meal.

The picture shows my son and husband walking along the canal

Son and husband walking toward the steps to pub The canal side Beer Garden from the boat
    • Beer Tasting

• Tibberton Hotels

0 Hotels in Tibberton

Tibberton Transportation

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

by DEBBBEDB Updated Oct 25, 2009

Tibberton is right on the Worcester and Birmingham Canal so it can be visited by canal boat. We spent the first night of our long weekend trip here. We loaded our stuff on the boat at the hire facility in Dunhampstead, and went up through the tunnel, turned around and came back down to Tibberton where we moored on the side of the canal and had a pub dinner. Between Dunhampstead and Tibberton there are no locks, only bridges. After TIbberton, the locks start.

Traveling by narrowboat is very slow. You have to slow down and appreciate the scenery. You get to see places that you'd never get to any other way than by boat

Under the bridges Rushes and reeds on less traveled part of  canal Reflections on Sunday Overhanging trees
    • Hiking and Walking

Tibberton Favorites

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Written Jan 22, 2004

Favorite thing: It was so small that we could easily walk everywhere. The pub was right by the canal. Even though we heard a train once, it was mostly relaxing and quiet. The towpath made a perfect place for my SIL to take his morning run. Doing the locks gave my grandson something interesting to do, or he sit in the boat and draw or read. Since it was sunny and hot, he could sun on the top.

Fondest memory: The boat moved so slowly that I could walk alongside it - but I didn't have to walk. New scenes were constantly appearing before me.

Unmooring in the morning Bridge over the canal Canal from inside the boat Looking over the top of the boat Approaching a lock

Instant Answers: Tibberton

Comments

Tibberton Travel Guide
Map of Tibberton