Lairg Restaurants

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Overscaig House Hotel: The very best of fresh fish

by scottishvisitor Updated Aug 17, 2008

the hotel

We had been touring the far north west coast visiting Scourie and Inverbervie, the Overscaig Hotel was on the road back. What a perfect place to enjoy an early supper. We were hungry, hot and tired when we arrived and asked if they were serving dinner and could we walk the dogs here. Dinner would be served in around half an hour he then suggested we take the dogs on the pleasant walk down by the loch. On our return Ewan had a bowl of fresh water ready for the dogs. The lounge which incorporates the small quiet dinning room was well furnished with extremly comfy sofas a great place to relax have a chat with Ewan who brought us a welcome drink and the all important menu. We could not have had better service all done in a very friendly manner with genuine highland hospitality.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my Kinlochbervie haddock served with rice in a creamy cheese sauce with fresh garden vegetables. Kenny had an Aberdeen Angus steak served with baby potatoes and salad. Kenny finished his meal with coffee while I had the very scrummy bread and butter pudding which I love.
    tbc

• Travel with Pets
    • Hiking and Walking

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Rosehall Crafts & Coffee Shop: The menu can change quickly

by scottishvisitor Updated Aug 15, 2008

Rosehall Crafts

I did wonder where to put this tip, after all you encounter here it could be a restaurant, shop or things to do. Where else could you have a quite seat outside in the sunshine watching the many birds feed from the bird feeders in perfect peace and tranquility, listening to their lovely songs. What a serene spot to stop by with lovely woodland even though you have to travel up a very steep narrow road with the advice to use first gear! Before wandering inside we looked at all the little details the owners had thoughtfully surrounded the front of the building with. I loved the cooking pot with its lovely flowers. My husband couldn't resist the stone which lay beside the door begging 'Please turn over' which typically he did to much laughter from our fellow customers.

Favorite Dish: Your food really is cooked on the spot here, there are just three tables placed in the gift shop and insight of the kitchen. We settled happily at one of the tables and enjoyed some coffee and bacon rolls. You can browse the gifts while you eat your meal or snack - a very relaxing type of shopping. Being so small their 'Specials Board' shows only two choices in main meals but when a very excited Lady burst through the door carrying some just caught brown trout it soared to three as she announced 'Anyone for some fresh trout' I wish she had appeared a little earlier before I had eaten.
    The restaurant and craft shop is open from Easter till October Monday - Saturday 10.00 17.00 Sunday 11.00 - 17.00

• Travel with Pets
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Lairg

Comments

Lairg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lairg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lairg sightseeing.