Loughborough Nightlife

Before The Taxi Arrived
    Cheers !
    by Nixter01
    Tina Smiles I pull Face !

Most Recent Nightlife in Loughborough

• Andos's Profile Photo

Loughborough SU: Students union nights

by Andos Written Jan 25, 2007

The students union in loughborough provides varied entertainment throughout the week during university term times (these are different to most other UK universitys). It is designed to meet the needs of all students residing in its insanely huge campus and students living in town population. Visitors are allowed in to the university nights however you may need a loughborough uni resident to "sign" you in. Anyone with an NUS card will be able to get in for a reduced rate. And drinks range in prices from the 50p mark to £2 on the most expenive nights.

The Union comprises of several Rooms. Room 1, Cognito, Lava (formelly Fusion and Bocca), and JC's

Below is a list of the general layout of the week with typical prices and genre.

Monday - Live Acoustic Sets -- LAVA
    Quiz -- Room 1
    Tuesday - Stupid Tuesday (Cheesy Choons) -- Cognito. -- £1.75 for a pint and shot
    Special Events -- Room 1 (Check website for details of each week)
    Wednesday - Hey Ewe (Cheese, Dance) -- All Rooms -- 50p drinks.
    Thursday - The Other Night -- All Rooms (Check website for details of each week)
    Friday - FND (Friday Night Disco) -- All Rooms
    Saturday - Champagne Night (RnB, Hip-Hop) -- Cognito
    Comedy Club -- Room 1
    Sunday - Sin -- LAVA -- All drinks buy 1 get 1 free.
    Poker Night -- Room 1

Dress Code: No dress code required. Although most nights have a theme for dressing up... Check out the website for specific details.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Music

• A2002's Profile Photo

Pubs Pubs Pubs...: Pubs..

by A2002 Written Jul 28, 2003

There are many pubs that students go to for their discounted drinks.

Note that the pubs will be very crowded on Friday nights and Saturday nights. During term time, Thursday nights are pub going nights as well. The pubs will usually be almost empty in the summer months when the students have gone home for holidays.

Can you imagine the contribution of the students to the economy?

• Study Abroad

737: New Years Eve Millenium

by Nixter01 Written Apr 18, 2003
    Cheers !

This was where we ended up on New Years Eve 1999-2000, we was'nt planning on even going up here as my mate had bought tickets for another club and when we got in it was dead so we made a sharp exit and landed in here which was the complete opposite as it was heaving.
    We bought a bottle of champagne for £10, £5 each and itblew my head off, thats what made me really drunk that night, blimey it was strong !!
    My friend unfortunately was so drunk that she left the club without me and went home, apparently when questioned the next day she did'nt even realise that I was'nt in the taxi with her !! It only dawned on her that I was'nt there when she got up and found my bags and car and house keys still there abd could'nt understand why I was'nt !!
    Cutting a long story short, I ended up staying at my nextdoor neighbours !
    HOW EMBARRESSED WAS I !

Dress Code: Smart dress, no trainers or jeans

Casablanca: Craig & Me Re-United

by Nixter01 Updated Apr 19, 2003
    Yeah I Love You To

This guy I knew before he was born and to find him serving me behind a bar was a shock to say the least, but a great kid !

Dress Code: .

.: Millenium Night

by Nixter01 Written Apr 18, 2003

Me Before I left The House New Yrs Eve

Picture of me before I went out, if I knew what was going to happen that night iI'd of not drunk that damn champagne !!
    It was like something out of a film !

Dress Code: .

Pulse Nightclub: Pulsating Pulse

by Nixter01 Updated Apr 17, 2003
    Me and some old friends On Christmas Eve

alot of my weekends were spent here until we went home, so for me its very much part of my past and I have alot of very fond memories there

Dress Code: Anything but jeans

Instant Answers: Loughborough

Comments

Loughborough Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Loughborough nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Loughborough sightseeing.