Loughborough Restaurants

Cavery meal in Toby with my sister.
    by A2002

Most Recent Restaurants in Loughborough

• MikeBird's Profile Photo

Cactus Café: Lively Mexican eating house

by MikeBird Written Sep 20, 2009

On the High Street there is a lively, small restaurant called Cactus Café that specializes in Mexican food and drinks. It has an interesting, wide menu ( well it seemed wide to me but then I'm not experienced in Mexican food) that also caters well for vegetarians.
    Prices were quite reasonable with main dishes between £8 and £10 and starters for about £2.50.
    There was a constant stream of people ( it was Saturday night) and booking a table is probably necessary for those busy periods.
    The restaurant clearly caters for the student market and I can see its appeal because of its prices, location ( near to some nightclubs), and down to earth atmosphere.

If you want to take your student offspring out for a meal before leaving them to their own devices then this restaurant is probably well worth sampling.

Favorite Dish: The heaped bowl of tortilla chips piled with Nacho, salsa, guacamole and sour cream was excellent. It was presented as a bowl for 3 people costing £6.25

• A2002's Profile Photo

Thai House.: Thai food.

by A2002 Updated Nov 18, 2003

The Thai House in Loughborough is the only Thai restuarant. It is quite expensive as compared to other restaurant around, but it served good food in the small town of Loughborough.
    This restaurant is owned by a Thai boss and a Malaysian boss. And the interior decoration is that of typical Thai decoration.

Favorite Dish: I love the duck curry in this restaurant cooked with lots of lychees and pineapples. I like sweet and sour and spicy food.. :-)

• Nixter01's Profile Photo

Browns Cafe Bar & Restaurant: Cuisine Day & Night

by Nixter01 Written Apr 17, 2003

Browns is one of my favorite stops in Loughborough as the food is lovely.
    Run by a family of Italians, who certainly know how to prepare great food, comes a warm welcome followed by fantastic grub and drinks, and is now open at night as a restaurant
    It also caters for private functions like parties etc..

Favorite Dish: I have to say I don't think I have a favourite dish as everything I try is mouth watering ! But I have to admit I'm a sucker for their omelettes mmmmmmmmmm !
    Pretty boring but you have'nt tried them !!

• A2002's Profile Photo

Toby Cavery.: British roast...

by A2002 Written Jan 2, 2003

It used to be known as "Forestgate Pub". During weekends, they have the traditional roast - gammon, turkey or beef. Plus unlimited roast vegetables and potatoes. Simply delicious.
    The pub / restaurant is typical "british style" decorated. Typical british cosy pub. In the summer, there are tables outside.

Favorite Dish: Cavery with Yorkshire pudding.

Cavery meal in Toby with my sister.

Instant Answers: Loughborough

Comments

Loughborough Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Loughborough restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Loughborough sightseeing.