The Limelight, Belfast

Know about this? Rate It!

Katy Dalys (www.harrisonsphotos.com)
    by gazzaman
  • The Limelight: Dump! Do not enter if Female!

by libbylou Updated Dec 19, 2011

LIMELIGHT I'm publicly asking you 'WHAT IS YOUR POLICY ON SEXUAL ASSAULT??????"

On Saturday night I was cornered by two random men in the cloakroom area. When I told them to back off one of them spat on me and punched me on the back of the head when I tried to get away..... with such force I fell face first to the ground.

I told the manager and pointed out the two guys as they were leaving the club. I explained the situation to the manager and I was visibly shaken and in shock. He said "what do you want me to do about it?? beat them up"... I ask him to call the police at which point he threw me outside with the two guys.

I have since complained to Auntie Annies / Limelight and NO REPLY!!!!

It's a male dominated club. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU ARE A GIRL! THEY HAVE ZERO RESPECT FOR WOMEN.

• The Limelight: Alternative Heaven

by gazzaman Updated Jul 24, 2003

The Limelight is home to 4 nights of drinking, jumping around and young people being sick in the toilets. 'Shag' is the best night each tuesday from 10pm-2am. Its £2 in and many drinks are £1.Music is alternative indie/rock with a slab of cheese on occassion. However its the best place for people like me who hate the whole commercial dance scene.
    Thursday night is an 80's night with friday and saturday being like Shag but £5 in and more expensive drinks. Its also one of Belfast's best live music venues with The Frames, The Strokes and Supergrass being major recent draws.
    It is nextdoor to Katy Dalys pub on Ormeau Avenue.

Dress Code: Whatever. Goth, Indie Kids, anything you damned well like really.
    No ponsy assholes in their pressed shirts and desert boots here you will be glad to know.

Katy Dalys (www.harrisonsphotos.com)

• DavyDoug's Profile Photo

Limelight: Indie bar

by DavyDoug Written Apr 26, 2003

The Limelight is bar in Belfast were all the decent bands play their gigs. If there's no band playing then there is probably a good rock/indie type disco on in it. It's generally ok to drunkenly disgrace yourself too.

Dress Code: scruffier the better

• Music
    • Study Abroad

• The Limelight: The Limelight

by Pol_Paul Written Aug 25, 2002

The Limelight is one of the smallest venues in Belfast. It is intimiate and you are really close up to the band playing on stage. It also hosts discos and this is easily the best disco in town.

Dress Code: The Limelight doesn't have a dress code but people do have the tendency to dress up in a weird and wacky way!

Instant Answers: Belfast