Clothes, etc, Belfast

Know about this?

• wanderingbilly's Profile Photo

PACK FOR ALL SEASONS

by wanderingbilly Updated Nov 14, 2006

Luggage and bags: BRING A RUCKSACK OR BACKPACK FOR THOSE DAY TRIPS LIKE GOING UP THE ANTRIM COAST.
    BUY SMALL BOTTLES OF COKE AND OTHER SNACKS IN THE SUPPERMARKETS TO TAKE WITH YOU AS IT IS MUCH CHEAPER THAN IN THE TOURIST AREAS.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: PACK ALL TYPES OF CLOTHING WHEN COMING TO BELFAST..EVEN IN SUMMER IT CAN RAIN SO HAVE SOME TYPE OF RAINCOAT..OVER HERE IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO HAVE ALL FOUR SEASONS ALL IN ONE DAY..BELFAST REALLY DOES KEEP YOU ON YOUR TOES..

Photo Equipment: THE USUAL..BRING LOADS.

• Packing List

by crobut Written Aug 26, 2002

Luggage and bags: I made the mistake of packing too much. Pack lightly. Cars/taxis are small. My bed and breakfast offered to launder clothes; if I had known that, I would have left many at home.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you are not used to cooler, humid weather, bring a heavier jacket/coat [I was glad I brought my lined leather jacket]. Umbrellas are a must [and keep the rain away when you carry them!]. Warmer clothes in the spring. Summer will warm up, but even then, there will be cool evenings. Especially in the countryside.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring a personal first aid kit. Be sure to check with your insurance company to see if you have health coverage, just in case [I did, and it gave me peace of mind, plus I had the needed paperwork just in case].

Photo Equipment: Bring enough film [and the right speed, 200 or 100]. Enough batteries, too [can be quite expensive].

Instant Answers: Belfast