Preston Restaurants

by intertraveler

Most Recent Restaurants in Preston

eastzeast: Smart

by intertraveler Updated Oct 19, 2009

This is a new restaurant to Preston owned by a Manchester group.

The interior is very modern with a waterfal feature not what you would expect from an asian restaurant.

We went on a saterday night and it was busy , there is quite a lot of staff and the service was good.

Also very popular with the Asian people who recomended this restaurant to me.

Favorite Dish: We started with the usual pomadoms and chuckneys, then I had a lamb Shashlik. It was pieces of lamb marinated in hot spices a bit like mexican food served with salad rice and a curry sauce.

Francos: Nice

by intertraveler Written Jun 2, 2008

I as been many years since my visit to Francos. it as changed hands now.

It was my daughters birthday and she booked the table and there was seven of us.

We had starters and I had soup followed by chicken in masala sauce which was served with roasted potatoes and veg. My wife hade garlic mussels folowed by filet steak in sauce.

The quality of the food was very good and I will visit this restaurant again.
    The prices are the same as most Italien Restaurants and with all the drinks starters main courses and deserts followed by varios coffees it worked out about £30 per head.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Masala I first had this dish in an upmarket restaurant in Florida. At frankos it was as good.

Ristorante Salvatories: Cut above the rest

by intertraveler Updated May 7, 2007

This was our first visit to this restaurant which came very highly rated by my friends.
    The restaurant is decorated which as the ambiance of Italy with a lot of photos and statues quite smart.
    The staff were very friendly and the service was good plus we not hurried to eat our food very relaxing.
    The food was very good and was well presented.
    The price off the food was about the sames most restaurants. I will visit this restaurant again in the near future.

Favorite Dish: We had pork cooked in sauce which included vegetables and started of with minestrone soup.
    I have been to a few Italian restaurants this as to be one of the best.

Bella Emilio's: Italian Restaurant

by intertraveler Updated Jan 16, 2007

This restaurant has just recently moved to Friargate and they have taken over the Bella Roma.
    The food is a bit expensive and the quality was good but not excellent.
    The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was good.
    Emilio's has been a popular restaurant in Preston for a long time and I think It will stay that way.

We went back to this restaurant Sat 13 Jan 07.

Since the two restaurants have merged they have extended and altered the restaurant, which looks smart, spacious and the food was just as good.
    I had Moussaka which was a bit different to way the Greeks make but was very good .

Favorite Dish: I stared with fegatini and the main course was Chicken Marsala the food was good but I had the same dish in America which was better.

Maharaja: Typical Indian Restaurant

by intertraveler Written Nov 13, 2006

There is one thing Preston as quite a lot of Indian restaurants. I have not been to an Indian restaurant in Preston for many years now.
    My son visited me the other week and he is keen on Indian food so we gave this restaurant a go.

We arrived about 19.00 on a sat evening and the restaurant was quite this is what to expect at this time of night which made the service very good. The restaurant is not very big sometimes this helps by giving a restaurant atmosphere especially when busy.

The only down side was the price of two bottles off Himalayan beer just over £6 I was not impressed but they have to make there money some owe. But the food was good that is the main thing and my son enjoyed is meal.

Favorite Dish: I had Chicken Biryani with keema nam bread, I don't like the real hot curries. This dish was good and tastie. I not sure what my son had to eat but the price off the meal was reasonable.

Haighton Manor Country House: Country Restaurant Hotel

by intertraveler Written Oct 8, 2006

This restaurant was close for a few years but it as been reopened recently.
    This was one of my favorite places to eat but I have not been there for a long time now.

I hope to go back soon.

I have read and heard some very good reviews about the restaurant.
    I think on Tuesday they do a three course dinner for£ 10

Haighton Manor is set in rural surroundings and it still looks like an old manor house.

Photo from advertisement

White Bull Hotel Alston: Country Pub/Restaurant

by intertraveler Updated Oct 8, 2006

The White Bull to me as not made its mind up is it a pub or restaurant?. I would say a bit of both.
    We went there last January for dinner, the have very good menu and fare better than the pub/brewery type pub have to offer as the food is more home made.

The portions are good and the food quality also is good a bit more expensive than a bar meal at the pub but not as expensive as some restaurants in the area.

A good place to stop for lunch or dinner with some good beers I would go back there again.

Favorite Dish: The home made chips far better than Frozen

Instant Answers: Preston

Comments

Preston Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Preston restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Preston sightseeing.