• Things to Do
    by hevbell
    me with the castle behind me
    by nylo
    Stirling Castle (Scotland, U.K.)
    by Redang

• Munro Bagging

Munroes are Scottish mountains over 3000 feet (915m) - the name derives from the person who originally catalogued them, Sir Hugh Munro. And munro bagging is the pastime of climbing them. This is definitely a step up from a stroll in the hills (a very big step in some cases). So far, I have only achieved four Munroes (out of 284 - I don't expect to...

• Hillwalking

There are quite a few easy to moderate hillwalking opportunities in Central, mainly the Ochils in Clackmannanshire and the southern fringe of the Highlands. There are also bona fide mountains in the northern part of the area.This picture is of Ben An in the Trossachs (sometimes described as 'the Highlands in minature'). The hill is 461m, about an...

• City Of Stirling

Stirling is probably the main reason people visit Central. A former capital of Scotland, with Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument, Battle of Bannockburn, and various other sights.Also the University, the commercial centre, and taking Stirling district, arguably the most prosperous part of Scotland.

• The Falkirk Wheel

World's largest rotating boat lift. The height of eight double decker buses, containing 500,000 litres of water.See much more on my Falkirk pages.

• Falls of Falloch

We were driving south from Isle of Skye when we happened on the Falls of Falloch. We were looking for a place to eat our lunch when we saw this place.There's a small parking lot by A82 and a path which leads down to the waterfall, takes about 5 minutes to walk. There was an information board at the parking lot, which said that there was a legend...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Central? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Central Hotels

1 Review - 4 Photos
Balquhidder Hotels
5 Reviews - 7 Photos

Instant Answers: Central

Comments

Central Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Central things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Central sightseeing.
Map of Central