Annan Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Annan

• birchy99's Profile Photo

Pagani's: Old World Italian Food

by birchy99 Updated Sep 26, 2005

In downtown Annan you will find a two story building that has a local "fast food" (pies, chips, etc) on the first floor and Pagani's Italian Restaurant upstairs. We decided on Pagani's after a long day's driving and sightseeing. Nicely appointed, the tables were decked with tablecloths and a small flower. A wonderful recording of a man singing Italian songs played in the background. And early on a Tuesday night we had the place to ourselves.
    I asked our waiter what part of Italy he was from and he replied, "Near Italy, Tunisia, actually." However, I believe Pagani's has a deep Italian history in Annan. We enjoyed our dinner very much and were surprised at the reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: The menu is very Italian and offers a wide variety of entrees. Ordering veal at home is risky but I decided on a veal dish here. It came lightly sauted and smothered in a red sauce. Very nice veal and very tasty.
    Often when a restaurant is not busy the food comes from the kitchen so fast one can't enjoy the experience. But here, even though we were alone, we had a chance to sit, relax, enjoy drinks and chat before the food was served.

• birchy99's Profile Photo

The Caspian: Iranian Pizza

by birchy99 Written Jun 24, 2005

On your entry into Annan on Scott St. you pass a corner that is occupied by a brightly painted one story building with the words "CASPIAN" written on the wall. Go inside and you are immediately met witha cacophany of very loud mid eastern-rock-rap music (that's the only way I can describe it).
    Behind the counter are some very busy workers making pizzas, and pita sandwiches. All food is to go and it is a very busy place. We were there on a Monday night and there was a steady stream of customers. Call ahead or order in house.
    I was a bit amazed that these fellows from Iran were so good a making pizzas. And it was delicious.

Favorite Dish: The pizza menu is incredible. There must be at least 30 choices, plus all kinds of pita sandwiches to choose from. I can't remember what they called the sandwiches but it was an unusual name. Another interesting things was the leg of lamb that was suspended on a vertical spit. When the chef needed some lamb (donner, it's called there) he just shaved it off.

Instant Answers: Annan

Comments

Annan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Annan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Annan sightseeing.