Gretna Travel Guide

Gretna Hotels

Gretna Restaurants

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

by uglyscot Written Jun 3, 2011

Having spent the night at Abington, we decided to move early, so stopped at at Gretna Services for something to eat at the start of the long journey. Everything you could think of was on the breakfast menu: cereal, toasted bread and big breakfasts of eggs, sausages, black pudding, beans and much more. Service was rather slow that early in the morning because so many people were arriving.

Favorite Dish: We couldn't face a fried breakfast so opted for a large toastie and a pot of tea. Grandson had beans on toast.

Gretna Shopping

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo

by BlueBeth Written Apr 3, 2007

On the way back from our weekend in Edinburgh I realised that I'd not done nearly enough shopping. We needed somewhere to stop for a coffee anyway so where better than this outlet village. I love these places, everything's so cheap. Ok you have to really look for the good stuff but it's there. We both needed new gym trainers and one of the stores there were doing buy one get one half price, ended up paying around £18 each for really good trainers.

And they have a Cadbury's outlet, these places are now springing up everywhere but I got two giant easter eggs for the boys for £10!

What to buy: There's pretty much everything here.

What to pay: A lot less than in the main stores!

Instant Answers: Gretna

Comments

Gretna Travel Guide
Map of Gretna