Dunfermline Nightlife

• Crossing makes it even more tempting to sneak in
    Crossing makes it even more tempting to...
  • Nightlife
  • Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Dunfermline

The Guildhall and Linen Exchange: Budget beers

by clivedinburgh Updated Aug 13, 2013

This branch of Wetherspoons took a long time to open in Dunfermline and it's quite a sad indictment on me that I've still never been in despite it opening over a year ago, kids eh!

The kids and Fiona have been in for meals now and then and it's very nicely fitted out with the standard value for money meals on offer.

Update - did manage to sneak in for a quick cider last weekend!

The Old Inn: Oldest bar in town

by clivedinburgh Updated Aug 3, 2013

I've been here twice in recent weeks, once for a bar lunch after seeing an advertising board on the High Street and the other for some pre-dinner drinks. On both occasions we used the back bar and it's ambiance is mellow at night and light and cheerful during the day.

I can highly recommend the cocktails on offer at night and the barmaid even let us loose on the jukebox behind the bar since it was a bit quiet when we first went in.

On a historical point, this is the oldest bar in town and the present level is said to be a few floors up from the original street level.

• clivedinburgh's Profile Photo

The Ballroom: The Ballroom again!

by clivedinburgh Updated Jan 9, 2012

This is the largest club in town and was the ballroom in the postwar years that all the young locals fled to. In my younger years in town, this place was in a state of dis-repair but I did make it in a few days after it re-opened its doors in around 2001ish (memory is a bit hazy here). It re-invented itself as Velocity which opened in Christmas 2007 but has recently be revamped again and is now the Ballroom. I've not been in yet but will update if I ever get dragged in.

East Port Bar: Fiona's place

by clivedinburgh Written Dec 25, 2011
    Crossing makes it even more tempting to sneak in

This was my local until my recent move to suburbia.
    Bar is laid out well and attracts large numbers for pre-theatre and pre&post football.
    Lunch menu is good and tables can be hard to find. The bar does not have a licence to allow children in though.

Cafe Continental: Euro chic

Cafe Continental on Bruce Street

This seems to be the place that we stumble into after a large meal but it's a stylish bar with a relaxed atmosphere. I seem to remember getting convinced by the barmaid to go for a deal that involved 2 bottles of wine at a knock down price, bit of a blur after that!

Life: Or is it?

by clivedinburgh Updated Apr 4, 2011

Another club with a large variety of names over the years. My abiding memory was seeing a dance band years ago when the place had a boiler room night and the temperatures got very steamy.

Dress Code: Was last in here just before Christmas and they will pretty much let anyone in.

The Brasshouse: For the older yins

by clivedinburgh Updated Jul 20, 2008
    Not all that different from before

This has recently re-opened having formerly been the Foundry. It's sad to say but this is the most likely place I'll find myself in if we're out past 1am. I suppose it's down to something like I feel too old and decrepit for Velocity of Life and I've still not plucked up the courage to go back into Larry-O's.

With all that said, a good night can be had in here but it does get a bit raucous at times.

Dress Code: I'll vent my spleen at this one, I tried to get in wearing a Scotland T shirt the day before our big crunch match with the Italians last November and got turned away - well not quite, I offered to put on a jumper and this confused the doorstaff enough to let me in. Suffice to say that their dress codes are as obscure as you like.

Tappie Toories: Best wee bar in town

by clivedinburgh Written Feb 23, 2008
    Worth a crawl up the hill

This is an old favourite amongst the locals and does a wide range of entertainment in it's cramped wee bar. In the last few weeks I've seen a band, DJ, quiz night, karaoke & amateur boxing (the last one was fairly impromtu and I ended up as sort of the referee, pulling apart the sparring drunks). My girlfriend did get a free CD from the DJ but where was my free pint!

Dress Code: As you are should do.

Seven Kings: Wha wans div ye mean

by clivedinburgh Updated Feb 23, 2008
    Almost too big to fit in!

The Seven Kings holds a dominant position opposite the gates of Pittencrieff park and takes it's name due to there having been 7 Kings of Scotland born in Dunfermline. With the pub being on a corner it benefits from being a rare thing that is a naturally well lit bar. Aside from some poor service at the bar at times, this place is good for whiling away an afternoon as it has large plasma screens everywhere you look and a good kitchen that seems to be forever busy.

There is a covered smoking area at the rear that overlooks the Bridge St car park

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Carnegie Hall: See some local talent

by scottishvisitor Updated Feb 24, 2007

The Carnegie Hall Theatre can entertain around six hundred patrons, a large number for a town of this size it is one of four Fife Council run theatres. Originally performances were orchestral concerts I still remember vividly enjoying some concerts and Shakesperian plays from my school days. Today the theatre offers many different types of art and events, usually local artists but not always. While we were there the theatre had a free performance entitled "Risk" time and hunger didn't allow us to see this. Ticket prices and show times vary depending on what's on check the box office number below to see who is performing and when.
    The Carnegie Hall was built in 1937 and is similar to the one in New York it is the last of the buildings to be built from the Carnegie Trust Money.

Dress Code: Sadly nowadays dressing up for a theatre performance is no longer required but I still like many people choose to make an effort and treat trips to the theatre as something special in my life

Monty's: Dessert Fox

by clivedinburgh Updated Aug 13, 2013

Monty's was the place to go on weekends when I was younger and hasn't really changed much since. Was shut for a while but noticed open again last weekend.

Fabric: Best for cocktails

by clivedinburgh Updated Aug 3, 2013

Stylish bar opposite the library that offers good dining and a wide range of cocktails. Also offers good lunch deals and it a light and airy bar.

Dress Code: Smart

Club Tropicana: 80s Heaven

by clivedinburgh Updated Jul 29, 2013

Been here just a few times on a weekend but does just what it says on the tin, lots of cheesy music and people that are too old to dance just having a good time anyway.

• Seniors
    • Music

PJs: Live Music

by clivedinburgh Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Serene in daylight hours!

I've only recently made it into this venue but it's well laid out and the band I heard were pretty good to my drink soaked ears.

Dress Code: Casual

Somewhere Else: Karaoke kings

by clivedinburgh Written Mar 16, 2008

This place always seems to have karaoke on when I go in, it could be that they love it so much but more likely that it was always a Wednesday when I visited.

Instant Answers: Dunfermline

Comments

Dunfermline Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Dunfermline nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dunfermline sightseeing.