Dunfermline Restaurants

• Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Dunfermline

Carlucci's: High Street dining

by clivedinburgh Updated Jan 11, 2014

We general use this place after Callum goes to gymnastics on a Wednesday.
    The lunchtime specials menu offers good value to the shoppers with slightly smaller portions that a normal main. As I require a gluten free menu, I was impressed with the range of choice available.
    Callum had his 5th birthday party in here with 14 parents and kids. Staff were excellent and surprisingly he opted for ice cream rather than his usual favourite of profiterols.

Favorite Dish: Toscana followed by Pollo Delicato

Peacock Rooms: Glen Gourmet

by clivedinburgh Updated Aug 13, 2013
    View of terrace from inside

The Peacock Rooms are part of the Glen Pavillion in Pittencrief Park and are named after the various peacocks that used to roam the park and town (we are currently down to one called Clive but more are being brought in soon).

Anyway the cafe is a welcome addition offering coffee and light refreshments and even has a small playroom for the kids. There is an outside terrace and the staff are superb.

Favorite Dish: I'd a baked potato on last visit but my son's soup was a far better choice.
    Nice to see some GF nibbles too.
    They also have ice lollies in here which are far better value than the ice cream van by the play park.

Grill 48: Great food hot off the grill

by clivedinburgh Updated Jul 29, 2013

Outside facade, see FB page for internal pics

Great looking place that isn't let down by the food or service. Staff are always very helpful and it has a good selection of meals for kids too. Specials are usually posted on their Facebook page.

Look out for pie deals on Tuesdays and good value pre-theatre meals.

They also now do a Daunder and DIne night on a Wednesday from 1845.

Favorite Dish: The burgers are great, either as a starter or main and Fiona loves their sticky toffee pudding.

She was even chatting on FB with Linn the owner when she was pregnant and next thing I knew was that I was dispatched to collect a STP for a home delivery, luckily we only lived 100m from the place at the time.

• Theater Travel
    • Wine Tasting

Various: Coffee shops

by clivedinburgh Updated Jul 28, 2013

There are plenty of places to grab some caffeine in town which I'll attempt to list here then get some reviews out later.

In Kingsgate centre - Debenhams, Starbucks, M&S, Pancake place, open cafe by Boots, cafe opposite the Post Office
    Eastport - Costa, Ruebens, Cosy Kitchen
    High Street - McDonalds, Giacomo, Carlucci, Cafe by the Park
    Near abbey - Abbot House, Cafe Fresh

On top of this a few bakeries also have seating areas but don't tend to use them

Khushi's: Indian from over the Forth

by clivedinburgh Updated Jul 28, 2013

Excellent restaurant with byob policy as they don't sell alcohol but do have some great fruit cocktails, We've been for a few meals here and had several takeaways. Great atmosphere in the place and a real treat.

You can always try cocktails in Fabric as a pre meal starter.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Karahi

The Hideaway: Irish gourmet

The Hideaway

We decided on this venue for our dinner on Easter Sunday and were a bit apprehensive when the place was completely empty when we got there. The fact it was 4pm and we were probably between sittings stopped us from running out. It was a good call, not only did we get all of the staff to ourselves initially but the place was packed by the time we left, happy and contented, at 6pm.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed all the courses but the salmon I had for main was excellent, they also put together a cheeseboard for my girlfriends father since he didn't fancy and of the sweets which was a nice touch.

• Wine Tasting

• alangalli18's Profile Photo

Seven Kings Dunfermline: Good Food

by alangalli18 Updated Feb 1, 2013
    Seven Kings Dunfermline

Seven Kings is a bar in Dunfermline. Located at the bottom of the high street next to Pittencrieff Park AKA The Glen, it is a good place to stop in for a quick drink or a good hearty pub lunch.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish has to the fish and chips with mushy peas, you get a whole bit of battered fish hangs off the plate along with nice thick chips mushy peas and a nice tartar sauce. Very filling too.

The Royal Bengal Tandoori Restaurant: CURRY number 1

by davidjo Written Apr 8, 2012

Although the name suggests a Tandoori Restaurant my father and i both chose curries, both beef, but dad went for the hottest available and i went for one less hot with nan bread and chapati. The size of the portions were very good and the food delicious, but perhaps the hot curry was a little too hot. Will return again. Oh, there are a few Thai dishes on the menu should you desire one.

THE GOLDEN CHIP: FISH AND CHIPS

by davidjo Written Apr 8, 2012

I have been to this take away fish and chip shop many times over the last 20 years or so and have always been satisfied. Last time i ordered fish and chip suppers for 4 people but we were unable to eat them all as each supper had a generous helping of thick cut British chips and two fillets of fish which you can choose should you like breadcrumbs or batter. I am afraid i cannot remember the exact price but probably around £7. One of the best fish and chips in Scotland

BUFFET KING: CHINESE BUFFET

by davidjo Written Apr 8, 2012

Each time i visit dad in Scotland i visit the Buffet King for a tasty feast of perhaps 20 different dishes on offer. It is a simple place but good food, and prices are cheaper at lunchtime than the evening and weekends.

Cafe by the Park: Best for GF menu

by clivedinburgh Written Dec 25, 2011

Had quite a few meals in here as well as coffee outside by the Glen Gates or an ice cream to take away. Owners are very attentive to customers and offer a friendly and prompt service.

Favorite Dish: I appreciate that I am always well advised as to what meals contain gluten, even down to the mayonaise! Like the fact that they have gluten free rolls available so best choice for me would be soup of the day followed by a coronation chicken roll.

• clivedinburgh's Profile Photo

Ristorante Alberto: Calabrian cuisine?

by clivedinburgh Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant takes up most of the ground floor of the hotel (Rooms @ 29 Bruce St) which is quite surprising given the entrance. I managed to get a 9pm booking on a Saturday night when calling a few hours earlier which was good as the place was full and quite boisterous. That said, when we got to our table the noise levels were low enough that we could chat easily without having to shout. The service was not brilliant but given the sheer volume of people in there, I can forgive that and the food and wine more than made up for it.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed my starter of asparagus wrapped in parma ham with hollandaise sauce

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Halfway House Hotel Restaurant: Great for all tastes

by scottishvisitor Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant is bright and tastefully decorated in an old world style. Tables have fresh flowers and candles and are well spaced providing an intimate atmosphere. We enjoyed a drink from the bar while waiting for our meal. The staff are attentive and friendly providing a good service at an unhurried pace. A pleasant restaurant for some chill out time, conversation and a relaxing meal.

Favorite Dish: The menu is varied specialising in local produce and includes vegetarian dishes I choose the local Pittenweem fillet of haddock served with garden salad, peas, chips and tangy tartare sauce Kenny had salmon marinated in lime and corriander served with garden salad and new potatoes. We finished our meal with coffee and mints - I choose the Gaelic coffee = well as usual I was not driving so I had the luxury of indulgence

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

The Hideaway: Limited Menu

by scottishvisitor Updated Apr 4, 2011

Our hotel receptionist suggested we book this restaurant as it was the weekend and she thought it maybe busy. We booked a table for 8.00 and arrived at 7.45 to enjoy a drink in the bar before eating, we had a long wait for our table with nothing more than a free bowl of olives to stave off our hunger pangs, we both hate olives. The spacious, light and well furnished lounge area was devoid of all guests. Finally we were shown to our table in the dimly lit and rather dreary restaurant maybe this is why it is called the Hideaway. The room was small and rather cramped the waiting staff were polite and service was good but I would have preferred my meal to be served in the lounge. Discussing this with our waiter, he told us the lounge is only used at lunchtimes. It's a pity because the lounge had all those empty tables with a much better atmosphere than the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The menu was rather limited offering only three starters and four choices for the main course - fish, poultry or steak and one vegetarian dish. I choose the breast of duck served on a bed of mashed turnip, potatoes and orange sauce served with a side dish of boiled vegetables Kenny had steak served with chips and side dish of vegetables. The food was reasonable but not remarkable. The one thing I did enjoy was the Gaelic coffee - the one with whisky liqueur, brown sugar and fresh cream accompanied by Scottish fudge locally known as tablet very sweet - a treat for your taste buds but only applies to the fudge!

Tiffany's: Carnegie Hall dining

by clivedinburgh Updated Sep 29, 2009

I've only been in here for a light lunch but Fiona uses the place for her post-breastfeeding group snacks so beware of staying in on Thursday lunchtimes! We now just live a few minutes from here so I will definitely try an evening meal when I get home.

Favorite Dish: Fiona's is certainly the scones with loads of cream and jam. Callum will snaffle anything that comes into his reach!

Instant Answers: Dunfermline

Comments

Dunfermline Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dunfermline restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dunfermline sightseeing.