Aberdeen Transportation

by tini58de
    view from the bridge
    by tini58de

Most Recent Transportation in Aberdeen

• If you have time, an overnight...

by oyinkansola Written Aug 26, 2002

If you have time, an overnight train from Victoria Station in London is ideal. Must have cost me about 40 quid thereabouts and I had a first class compartment and woke up to breakfast and newspapers - the train ride was actually one of my fondest memories
    I got around by taxis a lot - which must have been expensive. All the shops were down Union road, so you do not need to go to several places to do your shopping

• margaretvn's Profile Photo

We crossed from The...

by margaretvn Written Aug 24, 2002

We crossed from The Netherlands to Hull with the North Sea Ferries and took our own car. We drove up through Scotland to catch the ferry to Shetland and then on to Orkney.
    Having a car is easy as you can see so much more. I think trains are expensive in the UK and buses are not always frequent in rural areas and also limit your travelling losing you a lot of time.

• stevezero's Profile Photo

National Express

by stevezero Written Apr 22, 2005
    National Express

NAtional Express operate a directs ervice from London (and other UK cities and towns) to Aberdeen. Takes about 12.5 hours.
    return price about £38.00
    I found a promotional return for £20.00

• Business Travel

• stevezero's Profile Photo

GNER to Aberdeen

by stevezero Written Apr 22, 2005
    GNER to Aberdeen

GNEr operate direct trains from London (Kings Cross) to Aberdeen.
    Fare £103.00, but you might get it cheaper if you book in advance and change a few times.

• Business Travel
    • Trains

• balfor's Profile Photo

Excellent church

by balfor Written Sep 13, 2003

Church

This photo was taken while on the train to Aberdeen from London. I'm not sure where it was other than we had already passed the Firth of Fourth, so we were between Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

• Architecture

• balfor's Profile Photo

Old train switching machinery

by balfor Written Sep 13, 2003

Crane

Here is a crane of some sort that was obviously used for train switching at some point in time. I have no idea if it is still in use, but I just liked the look of something from another time....

• Trains

Instant Answers: Aberdeen

Comments

Aberdeen Transportation

Reviews and photos of Aberdeen transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aberdeen sightseeing.