Durness Restaurants

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Loch Eriboll Fisheries: Seafood Snack Van

by nickandchris Updated Sep 9, 2008

Luncheon view

We had seen the sign for seafood snacks, just outside Durness. OK, even though we had plenty of supplies in the motorhome, we thought we'd splash out a bit.

The seafood snack van is parked in a large, quite busy parking area above the gorgeous beach of Ceannabeinne, which you can walk down to relatively easily. We wandered over to the snack van to have a look at what was on offer. Whole lobsters, scallops, mussels, clams and a variety of seafood sandwiches. Nick really fancied a crab sandwich and I especially wanted a lobster sandwich. "Sorry, sold out." "OK" I say,, "I'll have a poached salmon sandwich." "Oh, sorry, sold out of those as well. We've been really busy." There really was nothing else I fancied,most other items were various smoked fishes which I didn't want."Oh, forget it," says Nick. So off we went and had a very pleasant lunch of our own making, parked in the next layby, which had an even better view of the beach and we didn't have to suffer the noise of the generator from the snack van. Oh, well, we tried.......

• Beaches

• Charlie_UK's Profile Photo

Loch Croispol bookshop & restuarant: Nowt like a cheese toastie

by Charlie_UK Updated Jun 21, 2003

Good food isn't always photogenic

Nice place to grab a snack or a more substantial meal - but also a bookshop so you can browse and buy while waiting for your order to arrive.

Favorite Dish: Cheese toastie - well I didn't try anything else.

• Birdwatching
    • Beaches

• jcots's Profile Photo

The Smooth Cave Hotel.: I don't know.

by jcots Written Sep 11, 2002

There we could have something to eat. The only thing they had because the kitchen was closed at the time we arrived so we could'nt choose anything.

Instant Answers: Durness

Comments

Durness Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Durness restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Durness sightseeing.