Stores, Malls or Markets in Highland

Most Viewed Shopping in Highland

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Morar Crafts: A Craft Shop with so much more

by scottishvisitor Updated Apr 4, 2011

I don't normally like shopping but this craft shop was something else. It is a family run business, the wife hand paints beautiful glassware, the daughters spin wool from their own hebridean sheep which they then knit into cosy hats and scarfs and finally the husband who is a local artist captures the scenery of the area beautifully. The chickens posed prettily around the door and almost everywhere else around the croft, but the best thing for me was a horse called Dune who came on the Spanish Boat from Egg, he was so jealous of his friend Hector the Hebridean sheep. Every time I tried to take a picture of the sheep, Dune stood right in front of him. If I could have I would have brought him home with me!!

What to buy: Highland scenery is beautiful we saw some lovely paintings of the landscape around Loch Morar don by the owner you can see some in their website & also order on line.

What to pay: What ever you can afford - most items are reasonable the paintings are a bit expensive

Loch Morar Craft Shop Chickens round the door not roses A Family Affair of Local Craft The Horse Whisperer who blocked the sheep How to get here

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

Urquhart Castle Gift Shop: Some Beautiful Local Craft

by scottishvisitor Updated Apr 4, 2011

Unless you go into the Towns in the Highlands, of which there are few, I would recommend shopping for gifts & souveniers in the visitor's centres. Some may say they are tourist traps but this is untrue. Prices are fair for genuine local products, the price range varies as you would expect from cheap trinkets to hand crafted beautiful items.

What to buy: I love buying postcards, they range from 75p to £1.50 I also bought a Harris Tweed bag (although I was no where near Harris!) but I liked it on sight = a bit pricey!

What to pay: A little or a lot depends what you want to buy

Teddies & Toys Jams & Haggis Tapestries

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Tesco: Grocery Shopping In General

by nickandchris Updated Feb 20, 2009

If you have been travelling around the Highlands and are in the Ullapool area and need to stock up on basics then I guess Tesco is the place to do it. In this part of the world, there aren't many supermarkets so take the opportunity while you can!!

Tesco in Ullapool is not so easy to find, considering it's such a small town, or at least we didn't think so! We were pleased to find a decent sized carpark for customers, being in the motorhome we needed plenty of room. It was a boiling hot afternoon and as we left the van, the heat hit us. Was this really northern Scotland??

We actually found prices in this Tesco very good and in fact, some items were cheaper than our Tesco at home, surprisingly.

What to buy: Like any supermarket, look for special offers, bargains of the day and any other items that catch your eye! Best to have a list!!!!

What to pay: British supermarket prices.

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo

Aviemore & Ft William Gear Shops - Haggle!!!: Outdoor Gear Deals - Best Buys

by scotlandscotour Updated May 18, 2004

Buy Outdoor Gear in towns like Aviemore or Fort William, not Inverness.

The stores are in greater competition in these mountain towns and are used to "doing deals" - So haggle and shop around, for good deals.

What to pay: Push hard for atleast a 10% discount, and look out for big sales - the list price is way over the odds, and no local buys at those prices!!!!

• Camping

Highland Hotels

• Rocpool Reserve

For our wedding in July 2009, my father booked 1 week's stay at the Rocpool Reserve and absolutely...

• Carters Rest Guesthouse

Upper Milovaig, Glendale, IV55 8WY, United Kingdom

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Couples

• Highland Hotel

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the Highland Hotel, which has recently as been bought by the Lochs and...

Top Highland Hotels

Lochalsh Hotels
Inverie Hotels
6 Reviews - 17 Photos

Instant Answers: Highland

Comments

Highland Shopping

Reviews and photos of Highland shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Highland sightseeing.
Map of Highland