Surroundings, Edinburgh

Know about this? Rate It!

Country Church
    by JUNLI
  • tpal's Profile Photo

Scottish Countryside

by tpal Updated Apr 2, 2005

Fondest memory: I can't tell you much about his place (maybe someone will recognize it and let me know) but I absolutely love it. The place I stayed in was located in Bonnyrigg about 12km south of Edinburgh (see Hotels & Accommodations Tip). The drive took about 25 minutes on the country roads which was the most interesting way to go. This little church and yard were somewhere along the way.

I never did get to go inside but the whole scene stuck me like a scene out of a dozen PBS/BBC specials I had watched. Each time I drove by I would have to stop. Across the way, I recall, was a yard with several sheep grazing...what could be better.

Country Church

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Visiting the beach

by mvtouring Written Nov 3, 2004

Favorite thing: Yes it was very cold, but we decided to visit the beach near our accommodation which was in one of the suburbs of Edinburgh. We actually had to walk along the beach to get to the little inn where we had to go and get dinner as we were staying in a B&B. Here my sis and myself are sitting on the beach reading the local paper.

• StirCrazy's Profile Photo

StirCrazy's General Tip

by StirCrazy Written Aug 25, 2002

Fondest memory: I always get a buzz out of travelling over the Firth of Forth, heading south towards Edinburgh. I guess I just like the spectacular sight of the road and rail bridges.... well, that's when you can see them through the grey mist or rain!! Oh, and I no longer believe (as I did when I was younger) that the train goes up and over this rather unusually shaped railway bridge!!!

Instant Answers: Edinburgh