Know about this? Rate It!
Walking in Lauriston pl, at night, in search of a place with live music, (I found it!), we passed by a well illuminated building that we couldn't identify. Only back home I discovered that it is Heriots school, using a palace that a century ago was a hospital. Very nice... indeed!
- Castles and Palaces
- Historical Travel
Look over Fife from the Starbank
Lovely pub in Newhaven Trinity that has fantastic views across the Fourth to Fife. they do food as well, but you can't see the views from the dining area, but it's nice to eat here too.
Quite rustic, old world style pub, very friendly and a good pint as well!
64 Laverockbank Road, Edinburgh, EH5 3BZ
- Business Travel
My home !
Cruise liners come into Leith docks.
InchKeith is seen in this picture it's the biggest island on the river.
This is where you will find Ocean Terminal [shopping mall] and The Royal Yacht Britannia.
The ferry to Europe sails past on the Fife side.
Sands at Silverknowes
These sands are situated on the banks of the Forth, about four miles northeast of the city centre, between Cramond and Granton. Stroll along the sands or beachside paths. Parking is available on the road parallel to the Sands. Silverknowes golf course is just to the rear, and a camping/caravanning site nearby. I even saw someone walking their ferret.
The second view shows the sands, the link to Cramond Island, and, in the background, the Forth Rail Bridge. If you cross to Cramond Island, beware - people have been cut off by the tides.
I dropped hubby off to give a lecture and took a walk around the area for an hour or so. His lecture started at 9.00am and all the shops didn't open until 10.00 so the place was deserted.... except for the odd car and bus..
This is a typical Edinburgh Day in winter, grey, wet and dull..... but oh so CLEAN.... I gave up and found a warm fuggy cafe and had a decent breakfast which cost around £4.50 including tea while waiting for 10.00am.
Get out and walk the canal for peace and quite
Peace & Quite and other views of Edinburgh 32 miles long.
Burke & Hare murders and Navigators on the canal.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Hiking and Walking
- School Holidays
Walk the streets to get the...
Walk the streets to get the real feel of this city, peer in windows (you never know who you may see) and admire the views from the highest tops.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
Edinburgh Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Vanscoy Hotels
- Obalende Hotels
- Cameron Highlands
- Punggol Hotels
- Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path