Art & Culture, Edinburgh

• tashka's Profile Photo

Dynamic Earth - don't waste your money

by tashka Written Nov 23, 2003

Our Dynamic Earth - Edinburgh

This is kind of a "museum", where the visitors are told about how our planet was created and how it was developing. However, no real things of the past centuries are exhibited. "Our Dynamic Earth" is suitable for 7-10-year old kids. Smaller kids can be scared there, and for older children and for adults it will be boring.

Unique Suggestions: It's very informative, so if you are stuck there, maybe you'll manage to remember at least one piece of information, like what the largest dinosaur was. Honestly, I failed to memorize anything, though really tried to.

If you still go there, take a picture of yourself and a bronze figure of a sabre-toothed tiger, so that you could scare your friends later.

Fun Alternatives: You better visit the Edinburgh Castle!

• Theme Park Trips

• bluefelt's Profile Photo

I went to the Rachel Whiteread...

by bluefelt Written Aug 26, 2002

I went to the Rachel Whiteread exhibition at the Dean Gallery. The Dean is amazing and I highly recommend it, but her work is so incredibly boring to me. She casts the insides of bathtubs, of mattresses, or objects. After the first couple, you just want some art, not an IKEA show. Sorry Rachel, we'll probably meet someday too as fellow artists. Place foot in mouth.....

Instant Answers: Edinburgh