North Berwick Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in North Berwick

Tiger Coast: Indian Restaurant

by gordonilla Written Jun 5, 2012
    Exterior (1)

It was a surprise to find this restaurant so close to our hotel. We went in at around 19.00 and left at about 20.30. The service was great and food was excellent.

It seemed to be busy, however it was the Jubilee weekend so may have been the start of a lot of business.

Westgate Gallery: Morning Coffee and Cake

by gordonilla Written Jun 4, 2012
    Exterior (1)

We called into the Westgate for coffee before travelling onto Edinburgh for the day. It was certainly quite bright and full of atmosphere - lots of Diamond Jubilee activities and cakes!

Favorite Dish: Try a cheese scone!

No.12 Quality Stret: Dessert and Coffee

by gordonilla Written Jun 4, 2012
    Exterior (1)

After a day in Edinburgh, we made our way back to North Berwick, enjoyed the sunshine and then called into No 12 Quality Street for coffee and dessert.

It was a pleasant place, however I have to say that there was an incredibly strong smell of fish and seafood. As we were by the seaside, I am sure that is no surprise to anyone - however I am allergic to both so it was a little off putting.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

The Orangery: art, gifts an meals

by uglyscot Written May 27, 2011
    The cafe

The Cafe is situated in a Gift shop and art gallery.
    We wanted a cup of tea and something to eat, so ordered scones.
    Other people were tucking in to delicious looking meals.
    The surroundings were interesting and the service was fast.

Favorite Dish: We ordered scones. plain or fruit, with butter or cream , and jam. All were equally dekicious.

• Women's Travel

Tiger Coast: yummee Indian

by iaint Updated Apr 4, 2011

Liked the decor in here - not your typical Indo-Pak style.

Sunday (when I was there) they have a buffet for £9.95 p-p. Exactly right for me, as it enabled me to try a couple of things. The choice was not huge, but certainly enough to keep me happy and great value.

One thing I liked was that the nan bread (included in the price - at least the plain version is) was a sensible size for 1 person - not like those things the size of a giant tennis racket you often get.

The onion pakora was super - not like the 90% flour offerings you get most places.

Service - hard to be sure with a buffet, but efficient and pleasant as far as I could tell.

Young guy (well, 30 something) at the table beside me went up for main course 3 times! No wonder we have an obesity problem. By the time I'd had starter, some rice and small portions of a lamb and a chicken dish (not even covering my plate) plus the nan bread, I was 100% full.

I'll be back!

Favorite Dish: The lamb dish with green beans in it. Aromatic and spicy, plus the lamb was really tender.

Bass Rock Bistro: excellent

by iaint Updated Feb 22, 2010

We just stumbled on this place while I was helping a friend on a house hunting trip. Turned out really good.

We both had mussels - you can choose 1kg or 2kg - and 4 different recipes. I had the marinière. Loved it.

Owners are friendly and helpful - OK, it was quiet. But still. A word of warning - they're retiring and the place is on the market.

They have a tapas menu which would also have been a great Sunday lunch, as well as a fish orientated a la carte menu.

Cost £15 each - main course plus coffee & water.

Favorite Dish: Mussels!

• iaint's Profile Photo

Cafeteria at Seabird Centre: bit pricey!

by iaint Updated Aug 30, 2007

Its a self service cafeteria in the RSPB Seabird Centre. Good sea views, and you can sit outside on the terrace if you're ready for hypothermia.
    Feels a bit frantic and claustrophobic.
    It cost me £15 for 2 regular, basic sandwiches, 2 soups (with bread) and 2 drinks (water & fruit juice). It seemed very expensive for the type of place. Soup was £3.25 a shot!

Favorite Dish: Excellent carrot and orange soup. Fresh and hot.

• Birdwatching

Poonthai: plain or exotic

by iaint Written Aug 30, 2007

Thai food in the evening. Coffee shop during the day!
    Small, friendly place. I used to be in quite often (say 8/9 years ago) but certainly not for the last 7 years.
    Walked past it last week (August 07) and its still there, so they must be doing something right!

Favorite Dish: Mussamun curry - meat and potatoes. I love potatoes in a curry (must be the Gael in me).

• Water Sports
    • Sailing and Boating

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Turkish Kebab & Chip Shop: Turkish chippie

by leffe3 Written Nov 8, 2002

Half way along the HIgh Street between the harbour and the railway station. Take away only - but two minutes from the sea front. Go find a bench and stare out to sea.

Favorite Dish: Fish & Chips with either salt & vinegar or, Scottish style, salt & sauce. Take away a bread roll with you and make yourself a chip buttie.
    And thankfully, that other Scottish delicacy, deep fried mars bar (I kid you not) nowhere in sight.

• stevezero's Profile Photo

The Scotish Seabird Centre: Great views and food

by stevezero Written Jan 17, 2005

The Scotish Seabird Centre, North Berwick

The cafe at the The Scotish Seabird Centre does great snacks and cakes and coffee.
    There are great views from the windows, and a deck with fantastic views of the Bass Rock

Favorite Dish: Coffee and cakes

• Birdwatching
    • Fishing

Instant Answers: North Berwick

Comments

North Berwick Restaurants

Reviews and photos of North Berwick restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for North Berwick sightseeing.

View all North Berwick hotels