Ayr Nightlife

I'm thirsty already!
    by sdb

Most Recent Nightlife in Ayr

• Raquelle's Profile Photo

Quiet on the nightlife front

by Raquelle Written May 12, 2006

Well as we visited during off season we didn't see much nightlife. Where we were staying there was entertainment provided such as a quiz night, bingo, cabaret show etc. Off site we went to a couple of different restaurants in Ayr but other than that we didn't see much to do in the evening.

Dress Code: On site the dess code was "wear what you like". Jeans and trainers were fine. Even the restaurants we visited you didn't really need to dress up.

• sdb's Profile Photo

Geordie's Byre: Trip to the boozer?

by sdb Written Aug 21, 2003

I'm thirsty already!

If you fancy a drink in a traditional Scottish bar (and I mean a traditional traditional bar - not one that's been created out of an ACME do-it-yourself traditional bar kit), then try Geordie's Byre.

They:

> serve excellent real ales (Deuchars is the regular and another 3 or 4 ever-changing guest ales, mostly from England, but more and more from Scotland as well)

> have excellent prices

> have nearly 100 malt whiskies and around 30 rums to choose from; and

> all the usual 'normal' beers.

They also have one or two wheat beers in the fridge plus a collection of posh crisps for the more discerning crisp eater.

They have won a variety of awards for best regional and Scottish real ale pub of the year and are the current CAMRA Ayrshire and Galloway Pub of the Year winners.

Dress Code: No football colours, especially not Kilmarnock football colours.

Otherwise, customers have been known to turn up in all sorts of apparel.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

various: Surprisingly good!

by Sjalen Written Aug 17, 2003

I wouldn't dare to write about places which are maybe no longer there but rest assured, we found some great places and I still remember Ayr as one of the best places ever for night life. Maybe because you don't expect it and because people were friendly and fun. I remember us going to a place called Fatman's Speakeasy, although the name of the disco afterwards has escaped me :-)))

Instant Answers: Ayr

Comments

Ayr Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Ayr nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ayr sightseeing.