Nightlife, Glasgow

Know about this? Rate It!

• a.g.roberts's Profile Photo

a.g.roberts's General Tip

by a.g.roberts Written Sep 7, 2002

Fondest memory: Heading out for a 'wild night on the town', Scott and I decided we'd try to hit one of Glasgow's bars. After wandering for a long time and not getting where we were going we ended up at a really empty place that looked suspiciously like a gay bar (could it have been the two half naked guys grinding away on the dance floor?). Giving up on our night of hedonism, we left and wandered down the street to a tiny little pub with unbelievabley low cielings that seemed to be the only place still open where we could grab a pint before heading back to the hostel. As it turned out we happened upon the oldest pub Glasgow. Though it was near to closing time they let us in for a beer where we spent an hour or so with some locals who were playing guitar and singing tunes. The night turned out pretty good in the end.

• nixon_fc's Profile Photo

Go drinking in the West end...

by nixon_fc Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Go drinking in the West end and if you can look out over the city from below the university spire.
    Getting a curry in the Ashoka -west end is pretty high up there as well.

Fondest memory: My best memories of Glasgow basically cover my five years at Veterinary College there. I don't think I have a specific one which I could share but the overwhelming feeling that I belong to this city hits me when ever I go back.

Instant Answers: Glasgow